Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

IWC Top Gun Miramar Chrono from V6F (IW388002)

kennycoder

Received this beauty today. I wanted it long ago but ZF's version had few flaws that would indeed bother me like @6 subdial paint intesection with red circle and the chrono not being 60 minutes as per gen. Now V6F launched their version and both of these flaws seem to be corrected. I pulled the trigger.. and voila, here it is in all it's glory.

First impressions are super positive. The watch feels solid. Case construction is spot on. Pushers are titanium as well as the crown (at least looks like it). Secs @6 are a tad jerky but looks the same as from ZF so I suppose it's an updated movement. DW is centered, all chronos reset perfectly. Top counter is indeed 60 minutes and the chrono hand is silky smooth. The strap is rough as hell (was expecting this because Chinese don't know how to do proper canvas/"kevlar" straps...). Buckle is also titanium but says "stainless steel" on the bottom. AR is pretty good and looks spot on to the gen imho. Caseback is really awesome too. Other than that I can't comment on anything else so far. Really well made and I think it beats ZF due to minor improvements here and there + proper chrono (60 mins). DW aligns perfectly and changes exactly at 12.

So to summarize, the positive:

• Amazing case construction
  • Very good AR (comparing to youtube videos of the gen)
  • Titanium parts as per gen
  • 60 minute chrono counter @12
  • Overall feel is impressive

Now a bit of the negative points:

• A bit jerky secs@6 (but this is expected.. plus it's miles better than the previous generation of movements).
  • Strap is utter shit
  • -------- UPDATE: after all it's SS as per gen -------- Buckle seem titanium but says "Stainless steel" on the bottom.
  • Too damn pretty so I can't stop looking at it.

And now my shitty pics.. (really sorry for this and excuse my slippers).

9msuInj.jpgyQthdfV.jpgmuhph87.jpg0KeDmpW.jpgZJARxhf.jpgQoYW5yl.jpgWhqXwpl.jpgMz37vEt.jpg

kennycoder

Ah, you can expect better photos tomorrow. Should be a nice shiny day.

RichardMiami

Nice watch.................

but

what the fuck is up with those slippers???????????????????????????????

:daffy:

kennycoder

Please don't be jealous.

$_1.JPG

JSJ

Damn. I was looking for the price!

The strap is an easy fix. Get a gen.

Thanks for the review. Objective and interesting. Enjoy the watch mate :).

Moondustesp

Proper slippers

Oh yeah nice watch ;)

kennycoder

More pics as promised... and no slippers today, sorry.

sAvrPQ6.jpgB3Spo7n.jpg1UzrhmO.jpgDfMODmG.jpgKZDzPww.jpghuCIZLi.jpg21PhS7R.jpghuBlpVH.jpgLEEbili.jpgz7o3bAz.jpgyTUY9qF.jpgGnstcIy.jpg

Khronos

Much better combo with those slippers, gotta get me one of those :)

The watch looks amazing, polished ceramic looks very classy. Is the strap really that shitty? It looks OK in the pics.

kennycoder

Looks ok but its very harsh

JSJ

Thanks for the extra pics.

Does the second hand stutter much? You said it's not as good as the gen but the 3714 with this movement is fine.

Simms

Great looking watch, thanks for sharing. On another note, where can I buy a pair of those slippers??

graman

A nero canvas would set that off perfectly...

Very nice!!

kennycoder

Ok small update on the strap.. after some days of usage it became much softer so not that bad after all. Now I even kinda like it.

Pesman

Looks great - just posted a review of the ZF Spitfire I have received from Fat Panda - looks like IWC are fast becoming 'the reps' now...

panerai love

Very nice watch! how's it running now? does it have the same reliability as the SWF factory?

johnnyloco

Thanks for the review. I have been looking for an indepth review of this watch for some time.

nunu78

want one , enjoy it often my friend.

rixxter

Nice one, I'm feeling big love for IWC at the mo....

Clovis1

Nice watch and good looking strap.

JSJ

What sort of a contribution is this? One that gets your post count up, like all the others you just posted?

romanokaplan

Thanks a lot for your review. This is a model i would like to buy for a long time, but i have a few questions...

Is this still the best version produced as up today?

How do you feel about the strap now? How long did it take to get to its best form?

Which dealer have you bought it from?

I have once purchased a product from kuvarsit back 5 years ago, so i might also buy this one from him as well.

As he is selling 2 different versions; one from ZF and the other from V6 which one would you recommend?(i know as you have only one of them you cannot comment on the other but this question is also for the other guy who has knowledge about this one)

This is ZF

http://www.kuvarsitwatch.co/iwc/pilot-series/1-1-iwc-miramar-pilot-chrono-iw388002-ceramic-a7750-from-zf/

And this is V6

http://www.kuvarsitwatch.co/iwc/pilot-series/1-1-iwc-miramar-pilot-chrono-iw388002-ceramic-from-v6-.-a7750/

Both the same price. If you have any other dealers, selling the same product for a more reasonable price, please let me know. Once again, could you please confirm that, these are the best version so far, since you purchased it back 7 months ago...

Thank you very much again for your feedback...

JSJ

Thanks a lot for your review. This is a model i would like to buy for a long time, but i have a few questions...

Is this still the best version produced as up today?

How do you feel about the strap now? How long did it take to get to its best form?

Which dealer have you bought it from?

I have once purchased a product from kuvarsit back 5 years ago, so i might also buy this one from him as well.

As he is selling 2 different versions; one from ZF and the other from V6 which one would you recommend?(i know as you have only one of them you cannot comment on the other but this question is also for the other guy who has knowledge about this one)

This is ZF

http://www.kuvarsitw...-a7750-from-zf/

And this is V6

http://www.kuvarsitw...rom-v6-.-a7750/

Both the same price. If you have any other dealers, selling the same product for a more reasonable price, please let me know. Once again, could you please confirm that, these are the best version so far, since you purchased it back 7 months ago...

Thank you very much again for your feedback...

I bought this watch from Kenny a while ago. It's one of my favourite watches.

The movement on this one has the correct minute counter gearing as opposed to my ZF Spitfire (also excellent) which jumps two minutes per minute.

I don't use the chrono so it doesn't really bother me.

If you want my advice, I would go for the V6F Miramar.

Reckon on replacing the strap. Rep straps are crap. Best would be the correct, gen strap but you will pay more than the rep watch for that.

Pesman

What sort of a contribution is this? One that gets your post count up, like all the others you just posted?

You have to smile... :q5:

BTW - I also have the standard black Top Gun as well now - love them both though still struggling to get the perfect strap for both

romanokaplan

I checked the trusted dealers page but didn't see any Kenny there. Which one is Kenny?

V6F is a different version? Because what i can find is V6 version.

When you said that you don't use chrono so it doesn't bother you. The chrono is not functioning in this watch?

I have checked the original strap, which is $289. I think it is a personal preference but that price seemed very silly since it is almost the same price of the watch, just like you said.

So you say that strap is still crap... :unsure:

And now i have seen another version which is this one:

http://www.intime01.co/iwc/2915-big-pilot-real-pr-iw501902-real-ceramic-zf-1-1-best-edition-on-nylon-strap-a51111.html

However it is indicated as 46mm of case diameter where the real one is 48mm as far as i know...

JSJ
I checked the trusted dealers page but didn't see any Kenny there. Which one is Kenny?

V6F is a different version? Because what i can find is V6 version.

When you said that you don't use chrono so it doesn't bother you. The chrono is not functioning in this watch?

I have checked the original strap, which is $289. I think it is a personal preference but that price seemed very silly since it is almost the same price of the watch, just like you said.

So you say that strap is still crap... :unsure:

And now i have seen another version which is this one:

http://www.intime01.co/iwc/2915-big-pilot-real-pr-iw501902-real-ceramic-zf-1-1-best-edition-on-nylon-strap-a51111.html

However it is indicated as 46mm of case diameter where the real one is 48mm as far as i know...

Kenny is the OP. Kennycoder. I bought his watch. The one in the OP. V6F is the factory. See the title of the thread.

Yes the chronograph functions. I just don't use it.

The link you post is the Big Pilot (BP) ceramic, not the watch in this thread. As far as I know, the BP reps are very accurate. I have two of them but not the ceramic one in your link, which I do like very much.

There is a lot of reading and research to do in this hobby. Enjoy it :).