Pesman

New: BP Factory SS IWC Spitfire Chrono - Josh's Bargain

Pesman

Hello all and greetings from a sunny and warm UK...

Having fallen in love with the newer look IWC Spitfire and splashed out on the new and improved ZF in Rose Gold - see review link below...

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...howtopic=116769

I decided I wanted something I little less dressy so started looking for the Steel version. I also got to try on a genuine one at Harrods (thank you to the bored but friendly IWC salesman in the watches hall) and loved it.

In the end I, somewhat controversially, opted for the £200 bargain BP deal that Josh was offering over on Trusty Time. This came with an IWC box (rubbish), warranty card (why?), 2 rep croc straps in brown and black (enough said), deployment clasp and SS bracelet (which I took off without trying to adjust). I say 'controversially' as the BP version appears to have been rubbished on a few threads over the whole sec@6 deal and date alignment. Still the QC pics looked okay and the price was very good.

It arrived in 4 (yes 4) days! Excellent effort and I am very pleased. My biggest concern was the sweep and I have to say - it's appears smoother than my new ZF. I will post a video later for comparison. It runs smoothly and everything works - although the chrono is only a 30 min one. So far no issues and it keeps time really well.

I have spoilt it further by fitting a get IWC croc strap that I picked up secondhand on eBay so it has a lovely 'lived in' feel and is going to be my go to watch for some time me thinks. The Rose Gold coming out for those extra special 'Arms Dealer' occasions...

I will report back on on-going reliability...

Some pics and video to follow:

26849020165_0fddea7b76_z.jpg

26244568563_60113e485b_z.jpg

26243550254_80209491bc_z.jpg

26781558731_0f2de7d00f_z.jpg

Pesman

Ok here is side by side sec@6 video. BP left, ZF right

https://vimeo.com/165566293

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Mulishaflawda

Very nice, I am currently waiting on one to arrive myself here. So the SS bracelet just feels crack or you just don't like the look period?

wimpie007

Wow nice! Really like the croco strap!

Legion

Keen to get this deal myself. Any downsides yet?

graman

Very lustworthy....... I wonder if they will do a Laureus version.... :rolleyes:

Pesman
Very nice, I am currently waiting on one to arrive myself here. So the SS bracelet just feels crack or you just don't like the look period?

It felt fine just not a bracelet fan. May try it at some point

Keen to get this deal myself. Any downsides yet?

None so far. Its running very nicely

Pesman

If people are interested here's the deal

http://www.pf-818.com/-p-18989.html

You may have to load it twice as it seems to go to.home page some times

carter23

Looking to get this for myself as well. Quick question tho, how much flex is there in the bracelet? Like does it jitter alot?

Edit: since i cant explain well.. how much of this is there in the bracelet

e9522-Rolex-Datejust-Jubilee-bracelet-sag-16233-Pyramid-dial-300x168.jpg

Edited by carter23

Pesman

Looking to get this for myself as well. Quick question tho, how much flex is there in the bracelet? Like does it jitter alot?

Not sure...To be honest I just took it off and put it in the box. It seemed pretty solid though - sorry I can't be more helpful

Moondustesp

Ive tried to resist this deal but I think I may have to pull the trigger. Enjoy looks great

Pesman

I have been wearing the watch continually for a week.now with no issue. Watch is losing no more than than 20 secs a day which is great. A total bargain

JSJ

Not sure...To be honest I just took it off and put it in the box. It seemed pretty solid though - sorry I can't be more helpful

I have several IWC rep bracelets and the quality does vary. I'm not sure of the 'factories'. I suspect they come from different places and there are at least two makers, maybe more.

Anyway, for the specific question they are all good for this particular feature. Good to me means they are not too inflexible but don't open up with huge gaps when held on their side.

b37a3d50e780e8e4d60afbedd44d3a8e.jpg

carter23

I have several IWC rep bracelets and the quality does vary. I'm not sure of the 'factories'. I suspect they come from different places and there are at least two makers, maybe more.

Anyway, for the specific question they are all good for this particular feature. Good to me means they are not too inflexible but don't open up with huge gaps when held on their side.

b37a3d50e780e8e4d60afbedd44d3a8e.jpg

The perfect answer. Thanks heaps mate. Been sitting on this deal since it was posted... Think I'll finally pull the plug and grab it up.

JSJ

[

The perfect answer. Thanks heaps mate. Been sitting on this deal since it was posted... Think I'll finally pull the plug and grab it up.

I'd pay the extra and go for the ZF. The new module is heaps better. I know the inside of these watches. I have the ZF and I can tell the difference even just on the wrist. But then again I'm a geek.

carter23

[

I'd pay the extra and go for the ZF. The new module is heaps better. I know the inside of these watches. I have the ZF and I can tell the difference even just on the wrist. But then again I'm a geek.

I'm not too fussed about the movement. I just want something that is accurate to the gen. Something that you really have to pick up and look at close to tell.

JSJ

[

I'm not too fussed about the movement. I just want something that is accurate to the gen. Something that you really have to pick up and look at close to tell.

The gen secs@6 doesn't stutter.

carter23

[

But in terms of the dial being correct its fine?

JSJ

[

I can't really comment so much on the dial accuracy, sorry. I have never held the BP rep and gen together at the same time.

I'd say the dial is fine. Depends why you want it to be so like the gen. Gen 3714 vs rep 3714 I can tell you for sure, they have slight differences but which one is 'better' is not so obvious. Of course, by definition, the gen is more accurate.

The bigger issue must be the reliability doubts about the old secs@6 module. I would not use it daily for a long period unless I was prepared to have it apart and fix it.

carter23

[

I can't really comment so much on the dial accuracy, sorry. I have never held the BP rep and gen together at the same time.

I'd say the dial is fine. Depends why you want it to be so like the gen. Gen 3714 vs rep 3714 I can tell you for sure, they have slight differences but which one is 'better' is not so obvious. Of course, by definition, the gen is more accurate.

The bigger issue must be the reliability doubts about the old secs@6 module. I would not use it daily for a long period unless I was prepared to have it apart and fix it.

Yeah I get you. That's all I've heard about this model, the reliability of it. I'll do so more research and decide later on.

Thanks for your input.

Mulishaflawda

Mine says hello, great purchase you won't regret it!!!B8633959-0928-4736-8B97-B8A9904F7E91_zpsppcnoyhc.jpg

Pesman

[

I have both - if you check the video, my ZF stutters more than my BP. The BP is smooth to my eye. I admit I was confused given all the comments

Pesman

[

Again I have worn. One daily for 3 weeks now and had no issues....

Legion

So are we saying that BP is outperforming ZF?

Pesman
So are we saying that BP is outperforming ZF?

In my humble opinion yes. The seconds still remain smooth and I am wearing this watch a lot whilst the gold languishes in the watch box

[

Again I have worn. One daily for 3 weeks now and had no issues....