Sign in to follow this  
kirkie45

IWC 3717 01

kirkie45

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and am seeking advice re where I can buy a IWC 3717 01 watch, yes I can go through your trusted dealers but thought it might be easier to ask the specific question as to where i might find the best rep on the above watch. I do'nt mind which movement but would prefer swiss movement if this is available.

Kind regards

Wriggles

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and am seeking advice re where I can buy a IWC 3717 01 watch, yes I can go through your trusted dealers but thought it might be easier to ask the specific question as to where i might find the best rep on the above watch. I do'nt mind which movement but would prefer swiss movement if this is available.

Kind regards

No it's not, this has been asked a million times over. There's even a sticky in the new members area to address that very question to save everybody the bother of another one of those/these threads, and it doesn't seem to make a difference since nobody seems to bother their arses to read the new members threads in big red letters on the forum main page.

I'd advise doing so.

onzenuub

Just go through the trusted dealers list, they can help. If that doesn't help, start reading. If that doesn't help start using the search box. If that doesn't help start reading the thread named " The best rep reviews database". If that doesn't help start all over. If that doesn't help start a thread asking for help.

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

Jibuti

Just go through the trusted dealers list, they can help. If that doesn't help, start reading. If that doesn't help start using the search box. If that doesn't help start reading the thread named " The best rep reviews database". If that doesn't help start all over. If that doesn't help start a thread asking for help.

Onze.... you are making my heard hurt.....what was that middle one again...?

kirkie45

Hi All,

Kind regards

No it's not, this has been asked a million times over. There's even a sticky in the new members area to address that very question to save everybody the bother of another one of those/these threads, and it doesn't seem to make a difference since nobody seems to bother their arses to read the new members threads in big red letters on the forum main page.

I'd advise doing so.

Many thanks your kind and considerate response.

JSJ

Hi All,

Kind regards

I'd advise doing so.

We are a helpful bunch. It's just that it seems like you haven't considered us much.

The general rule is that if you pay more, the rep is better.

It sounds like you may not have much experience with reps.

I can advise you but my tastes will not be the same as yours. I'm a big IWC fan but I don't like the 3717. So my advice is not to buy one but to buy a 3777. Buy the bracelet and then swap it for a leather strap later. The bracelets are much more expensive separately. The 3717 bracelet is not as good as the 3777 bracelet.

Read some reviews, read about buying reps, read about which dealers we prefer for which reasons. Find out that some dealers don't have websites. Some charge more for the same watch. Watches vary, even the 'same' watch. Some offer to reship on seizure. Some don't. Etc etc.

Each of the sentences above could be a whole thread.

So you see there is no answer to your simple question. It's up to you.

And another tip from my time here. Sarcasm from new members often does not go well.

Bxx

Now that is sound advice.go to reviews and read,the 7750 is like a lottery some ar shit some are good but movement cheap to replace,

Read on movements,asian eta stelita stp-11,have fun...

kirkie45

Hi All,

Kind regards

I'd advise doing so.

We are a helpful bunch. It's just that it seems like you haven't considered us much.

The general rule is that if you pay more, the rep is better.

It sounds like you may not have much experience with reps.

I can advise you but my tastes will not be the same as yours. I'm a big IWC fan but I don't like the 3717. So my advice is not to buy one but to buy a 3777. Buy the bracelet and then swap it for a leather strap later. The bracelets are much more expensive separately. The 3717 bracelet is not as good as the 3777 bracelet.

Read some reviews, read about buying reps, read about which dealers we prefer for which reasons. Find out that some dealers don't have websites. Some charge more for the same watch. Watches vary, even the 'same' watch. Some offer to reship on seizure. Some don't. Etc etc.

Each of the sentences above could be a whole thread.

So you see there is no answer to your simple question. It's up to you.

And another tip from my time here. Sarcasm from new members often does not go well.

Yes with further investigation it would seem the 3777 is the better option and I appreciate your advice, if i buy it with a bracelet (which is not my prefered option, where would I buy a leather strap from?. Finally i am impressed you picked up on the sarcasm i will desist in future, and yes to paraphrase Schultz when it comes to rep watches, I know nothing.

JSJ

Yes with further investigation it would seem the 3777 is the better option and I appreciate your advice, if i buy it with a bracelet (which is not my prefered option, where would I buy a leather strap from?. Finally i am impressed you picked up on the sarcasm i will desist in future, and yes to paraphrase Schultz when it comes to rep watches, I know nothing.

Here is what I would do.

Find Linamarket on Aliexpress. Buy an IWC deployant. Have an Orloff strap made to my size. I'd probably go for gen croc although I also like exotic skins, so I might also approach Wherealien who does some top exotics.

Alternatively, I might search a gen strap.

That's probably like Swahili, in which case it shows this hobby needs some investment in reading before it's really fun.

Wriggles

i am impressed you picked up on the sarcasm.

It was about as subtle as a dose of the clap so not sure why you should be impressed