Sign in to follow this  
MetalMickey

Tudor Black Bay Bronze (v6) First Impressions

MetalMickey

Just taken delivery of my Black Bay Bronze - here are my first impressions.

• Bronze is lovely, nice patina developing already
  • The Bezel is a little redder than the brown of the gen - but I prefer the colour of the rep
  • It's not as big and heavy as you might think for a 43mm watch - it wears the same as the regular BB to my eyes
  • Lume is quite strong, but maybe it's cos it is so sunny outside
  • Like the regular BB the case sits high on the strap, and there are large gaps between watch and strap unless you use a NATO
  • The rep leather strap is surprisingly nice, soft and thick
  • The NATO is thinner than I expected but looks good and is adjustable
  • Anyone with wrists larger than 7.5" is going to need a new strap - the NATO does adjust further than the leather but is still short
  • Bezel fitment could be better, it is a little "springy" - but much firmer than the regular Black Bay

Overall - I'm really happy. Mine is on the NATO and will be going to the seaside soon to work on that patina.

628454C6-62C5-45D3-AFDF-F8041392211C.jpg

006C843C-21EF-4DF0-99AB-B8FDB469DE50.jpg

BM284

That's nice mm, think I prefer that on the NATO ... Looks good on both though! Looking forward to seeing these when the patina has really developed. Enjoy it at the seaside mate :)

splke

nice MM I think the buckle will come in handy I do not get on with the deployment jobs they dig in like mad

bit worried the nato wont fit but I could bastardise it I suppose

have a good time at the east coast

Mr_B

Looks great micky, how much patina are you going to go for? Be interested to see how it turns out.

MetalMickey

nice MM I think the buckle will come in handy I do not get on with the deployment jobs they dig in like mad

bit worried the nato wont fit but I could bastardise it I suppose

It has a kind of springbar arrangement inside the buckle, and you adjust it a bit like the straps on a rucksack. I removed the springbar, put it to its maximum length and it fits my 7.5" wrist at the third hole, so would ift 8" max - any bigger and the end of the strap would not go through the floating keeper, though.

Looks great micky, how much patina are you going to go for? Be interested to see how it turns out.

I plan to just leave it a see where it goes - it developed more than I expected on the journey here, comparing it to the QC pics. It looks fairly even so am leaving it for now rather than starting fresh.

the_frenchman

I love it!!!

Very nice pick up mate ! I was waiting to see the first impressions of this and i must im quite convinced to order one.

Thanks for sharing

Enjoy your holidays ;)

Kwt

Nice mate - enjoy the watch.

MAJ75

This is the first watch where I prefer the NATO to the leather strap. Will be interesting to see how the patina develops over time.

MetalMickey

Patina pics

1d6cb84f2c8a83093beee168fca4bb43.jpg

31849ebf14c586bb3fdd836373a88b89.jpg

07bb82daf34d2ea9fab0fc26c4df6a98.jpg

0c022348336e5eb9b672dc7e449f70b8.jpg

9232ab7765e31b90e5c99cdb305d4132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCRich

Freakishly large watch on your wrist. :lol:

Not really.

Like the look but that would be too large. Our wrists look about the same size.

MetalMickey

Freakishly large watch on your wrist. :lol:

Not really.

Like the look but that would be too large. Our wrists look about the same size.

7.5"

It really doesn't wear that big, the NATO helps stop it from overhanging - certainly more sensible than a Panerai Bronzo!

BadPickle

Looks good mate :thumbsup:

Cubic Hare

You are right about that NATO being short.. "It just needs one more inch" (That's what she said!)

I adjusted mine like you did to have it fit the third hole but the keepers were right up under my wrist I hated the look and feel that way. I put it back where it just fits in the last hole and it's still a fiddly bitch to put on and wear. One more inch dammit..

Cheers

20160728_075840-1.jpg

20160728_075849-1.jpg

Daywatch

Thanks for the review/first impressions. It gives a good overall intro to what it´s like to have it.

nanaiku

Is it making some kind of green color residue or reaction on your skin?

jakethemouse

Thanks for the first impressions MM. I like that everyone is going to get a unique watch based on how it patinas and if you don't like it you you can just reset it in a ketchup bath.

ketchup example of reset from the gents and ladies next door:

https://www.replica-...re-photos/page6

GenTLe

Ketchup is a mess. Just use winegar or even better lemon juice. It does the same and you will not have a stinky watch with residue of that stuff under the bezel...

Cubic Hare

A lime wedge rubbed all over the case works a treat too.

norrie

Lemon doesn't work as well as tomato sauce (ketchup). If you get it under the bezel, water rinses it out just fine.

billten

I understand there a couple of rep versions of this watch (V6F and ZF), any preferences / info on which version is closer to gen?

Edited by billten

sammysmiths

How does the watch feel, bronze is such a soft metal. How are the screw threads and bezel rotation etc? Is it a heavy watch? I must get one of these.

GenTLe
I understand there a couple of rep versions of this watch (V6F and ZF), any preferences / info on which version is closer to gen?

V6 is better, and has a premium nato strap.

GenTLe
How does the watch feel, bronze is such a soft metal. How are the screw threads and bezel rotation etc? Is it a heavy watch? I must get one of these.

There aren't screws that goes into bronze. The bezel on mine was a bit stiff but after I removed it and greased during the service, it is now perfect (similar to the top reps of the ceramic seamaster). The weight... Well the bronze and the steel have very similar weight. So it may be similar to a 44mm Pam with manual wind.