Sign in to follow this  
watch.aholic

Redirects on RWI

watch.aholic

Ever since it recovered after whatever happened to it, whenever i log in I always get redirected to some spam website.

Not happening with any other site on my chrome.

Tried a different browser and same redirects.

Anyone else experiencing it?

watch.aholic

Please see the Screen shot.. You can see too links at the bottom of the screen that are privacy responsible for the trickery

Screenshot_20161218-161247_zpshbvei66c.png

BM284

This is also happening to me too - I was starting to wonder if it was me or a bigger issue - seems to happen nearly every time I change pages on the site....annoying to say the least!

rocketdogbert

Same here, despite following all instructions to the letter. Oh well...

Xpletiv

Not sure exactly what it says becsuse I try to get out of it as fast as possible, but something along the lines of "checking this and that" , blah, blah, blah and it goes to some thing as if it's a system check so IGTFO!

greg_r

Yup - the recent Tapatalk-related hack seems to have left 'em with a bunch of problems to sort out. I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon, but it's going to be a big job and they also have day jobs, so please be patient.

FWIW the problem seems to be mainly mobile-related. I'm not seeing the redirects via desktop web browsers (at least not on Mac - dunno about Windows).

trailboss99

Yeah sorry guys, the worst of the rouge advertising should be gone by now. All you should see is our own which are static banners if anything at all (I think the tech boys have it switched off except for some test banners). If you are still getting the other shit clear the cache and RWI cookies and restart. Whatever it was we got sent in place of our usual advert matter clings to mobile platforms very tight indeed.

lukeas123456

Not sure if its related but I keep getting pop ups instead of links its frustrating, every time i go to read something it locks up my browser with a pop up so cant use the site. Ive tried as suggested about the cache and cookies but still no luck.

Khronos

Me too...bloody annoying :(

Genius

Just spotted this thread, I had the issue today on my PC (Windows 10 + chrome browser) sent me to a spam site that I couldn't get off just kept opening more and more windows had to kill chrome

trailboss99

And yet another buried script has activated . . .

Nothing we can do except work thru it, DR3M3L needs to find this one and kill it.

What has happened (as far as I can tell) is that during the original hack a shitload of dormant scripts were injected into the code of various elements of vB and its sub programs. As they come to life we get yet another round of redirect nightmare that lasts until DR3M3L can track down the piece of code responsible. Until it activates it is almost impossible to do so. As you can imagine two factors come into play here:

• There are only so many hours in a day.

and

• Both DR3M3L and his brother (who has been kind enough to help out) have lives, families and high pressure jobs.

Given the above plus the fact that this is a messy one, things take time. All I can do is ask that you bear with us and at least get on long enough to read the updates here: https://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/358767-PLEASE-READ-Current-forum-state

Stewart

Stuxnet!

Phil G

Been getting it too, redirect. One page I was directed to had a photo of four semi-naked girls :giggle: I was tempted to open the page, but thought better of it.

On new Galaxy S7 too, wants me to go to Google play store and remove virus using 'easy-mine-software' link.

Not sure if this is related.

j5HStB2.png

Edited by Phil G

ag69
Yup - the recent Tapatalk-related hack seems to have left 'em with a bunch of problems to sort out. I'm sure they'll get it fixed soon, but it's going to be a big job and they also have day jobs, so please be patient.

FWIW the problem seems to be mainly mobile-related. I'm not seeing the redirects via desktop web browsers (at least not on Mac - dunno about Windows).

I also see the issue when logging in to the regular site on my tablet. Like Greg said, it will get fixed.

964boy

I had it on iMac this morning

greg_r

The problem seems to be that as fast as they block one attack script, it breaks out again somewhere else. This is one of the worst attacks I've ever seen.

Be careful, guys - I know that they're doing all they can to resolve the problem (which will involve migrating the whole site to new software - a fcking MASSIVE job), but it's going to take time. Meanwhile, make sure you've got AV software and don't click on any of the popups...

brang1

same thing here, safari, chrome etc etc

trailboss99

The problem seems to be that as fast as they block one attack script, it breaks out again somewhere else. This is one of the worst attacks I've ever seen.

Be careful, guys - I know that they're doing all they can to resolve the problem (which will involve migrating the whole site to new software - a fcking MASSIVE job), but it's going to take time. Meanwhile, make sure you've got AV software and don't click on any of the popups...

Thanks G, that about says it all folks, we pissed off someone big time. Trying to clean up the mess is pointless, it broken so we will be beginning to migrate to a new platform within a couple of days. If things get any worse I need to consider taking the whole lot down until we are back clean and usable.

nunu78

wishing every one best of luck and thank you who is giving their time and energy at this time of the year.

brian9040

Hi guys, what am i to do? I have no rwi to incessantly check out. I am constantly trolling the sales page looking for deals. I feel naked without RWI?I guess the good news is I Won't be spending any money for a few days.

Phil G

Thanks G, that about says it all folks, we pissed off someone big time. Trying to clean up the mess is pointless, it broken so we will be beginning to migrate to a new platform within a couple of days. If things get any worse I need to consider taking the whole lot down until we are back clean and usable.

It's the time of year for family and holiday. I hope whoever is working on the repair of RWI makes sure they don't neglect their love ones just to get us back online.

We can wait a few days or more. We have this place to hangout, so all is good.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year, Phil G :)

Thrasher

i'm going to pack my suitcase and play battlefield 1.....Missing RWI

bizznes101

Might as well take advantage of being here.

No RWG mobile app tho right?

greg_r

Might as well take advantage of being here.

No RWG mobile app tho right?

No, we canned tapatalk after it was identified as paying its part in RWI's problems.

There's a mobile skin available from the drop menu bottom left of every page, however.

onzenuub

Could anyone redirect me? :P