Sign in to follow this  
Nikosaldente

New Rolex Sea Dweller 2017 at 43mm

Nikosaldente

So Rolex has announced the new Sea Dweller at 43mm!

Looks more than a Submariner on anabolics rather than a Sea Dweller! It even has a Cyclops!

I'm no Rolex expert or lover but this, I kinda like! I thought I could share it with you!

Check out photo and link:

https://m.rolex.com/...26600-0001.html

new_sea_dweller_watch_2017.mobile.png

Does anyone know if this has been repped yet?

Cheers!

Mr_B

Was announced at baselworld, it's not repped yet as far as I'm aware. It probably will be though. Hopefully with the correct case size

abrown3mtg

I actually really like the look of this watch! Ironically, I've found I actually liked some of the less correct reps of the submariner better than the Gen. The tapered lugs vs squared box like ones look better to my eye/prefereces. This piece incorporates that. Also the subtle red accents are a nice touch.

greg_r

:Yawn:

Helmut Wong

I think Rolex has lost its way a bit on this one.

Diver Dave

Hate it. Absolutely hate it.

Cyclops on a Sea Dweller is almost as gauche as engraving advertising on the rehaut.

Rolex has gone way past being desirable in the last 10 years and this is the icing on the cake.

k3rm87

Rolex is going dowwnnnnn fast!

FunnyStarSystem

I'll keep my BK SD4000, thanks. I bought it specifically because it has a date without cyclops. But I will say I understand Rolex wanting to upsize their watches now that it's not just under-nourished, tea sipping members of the gentry buying them with their girl sized wrists.

GenTLe

Rolex wear large, and 43mm seems larger than my 46mm IWC Pilot.

SO it's a no no for me. But I like the red accent. So if they'd ever do a sub-C with it on the dial I'd get it.

dave47

So Rolex has announced the new Sea Dweller at 43mm!

Looks more than a Submariner on anabolics rather than a Sea Dweller! It even has a Cyclops!

I'm no Rolex expert or lover but this, I kinda like! I thought I could share it with you!

Check out photo and link:

https://m.rolex.com/...26600-0001.html

new_sea_dweller_watch_2017.mobile.png

Does anyone know if this has been repped yet?

Cheers!

I really like the look of this Sea Dweller, too! Makes a more powerful statement, esp. with the cyclops -- which really DOES help me read the date! Can't wait for this to be repped. THANKS for the treat, Nik!

dave

Beetleything

Well the cyclops is a disaster but making it a RED has made it hugely appealing to a lot.

As for 43 MM ??? i would need to see it in the flesh but i think it's to big and they are catering now to the crowd who like to have these BIG statements on their wrists.

AJB2

I really like it. The cyclops & overall size really appeals to me & as soon as a good rep arrives, as long as it's not over priced, I'll be first in line.

Just bought a DSSD from Reg...Love the size & weight & it wears well on my wrist too so 43mm would be a great fit for me.

Nikosaldente

I really like it. The cyclops & overall size really appeals to me & as soon as a good rep arrives, as long as it's not over priced, I'll be first in line.

Just bought a DSSD from Reg...Love the size & weight & it wears well on my wrist too so 43mm would be a great fit for me.

I also have one DSSD Deep Blue on the way from Reg.....

Care to share some photos of yours?

Here or on Narikaa's Feedback Section?

Haltec

Cyclops on a Sea Dweller is almost as gauche as engraving advertising on the rehaut.

Rolex has gone way past being desirable in the last 10 years and this is the icing on the cake.

Don't like cyclops either. Especially on the watch where doesn't belong historically.

I am scauting for some PAM Submersible (metal case) & think to go for 305 because it have crystal with no magnification.

Nice clean look.

Nikosaldente

2 things that put me off with Rolex is the Cyclops and the Raised Pearl!

This model has a more levelled Pearl on the Bezel but still a Cyclops:-(

That's why from Rolex I onlg like the DSSD, mostly the Deep Blue one and the Sub No Date!

Nikosaldente

Don't like cyclops either. Especially on the watch where doesn't belong historically.

I am scauting for some PAM Submersible (metal case) & think to go for 305 because it have crystal with no magnification.

Nice clean look.

How about the Pam 389?

I have it and it looks/feels great!

Solid Titanium case, Ceramic Bezel, "Amagnetic" Movement, Sapphire Crystal and of course....No Cyclops!

IMG_20160904_124448_zpsld9sxrjm.jpg

GenTLe

There is also the classic seadweller ceramic 116600. Probably more balanced, even if too similar to a worked out Sub-C (40mm but bulkier case):

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

Nikosaldente

There is also the classic seadweller ceramic 116600. Probably more balanced, even if too similar to a worked out Sub-C (40mm but bulkier case):

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

That is probably the most balanced Rolex I've seen!

Good one GenTLe!

Care sharing a link to a TD?

Diver Dave

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

Good one GenTLe!

If you're going to buy a *Gen* Sea Dweller... buy a real one. A 1665, which even now can be had for about $10K if you're patient. They have real appreciation value, and history. A new Rolex? Zero appreciation potential, and gauche design.

Ditto every other Rolex made today.... all of them.

GenTLe

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

Good one GenTLe!

If you're going to buy a *Gen* Sea Dweller... buy a real one. A 1665, which even now can be had for about $10K if you're patient. They have real appreciation value, and history. A new Rolex? Zero appreciation potential, and gauche design.

Already done :)

33793339672_c74a9e2be3_k.jpg

Ok, ok, it's my Rep :D

Duzza

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

Good one GenTLe!

What a load of rubbish. I own 2 modern, steel Rolex. 1 is now worth about 40% more than I paid for it. The other about 25%. I've owned neither more than 2 years.

Some people seem to dislike the new rolex versions. I think they look much better. The old ones with plexi glass and no engravings look cheap and ugly AF. The newer ones look classy with the wider ceramic bezel, authenticate with the engravings and have a convenient adjustable bracelet. 43mm is good for strong hands. Too big for me though

I think investing in a gen 10k rolex for value appreciation is a gamble. It's a bubble. Rolex is producing over a million watches per year on an half automated assembly line with maybe costs of 200 dollars per watch including certifications. What's next buying used chanel bags from 30 years ago for value appreciation or used toilet paper from stars lol

austinsom

For a good balnce between value and potential for *some* return, a 16660 or 16600 would be one to go for. One I'm after next.

GhostInTheFog

Rolex-Seadweller-001.jpg

Good one GenTLe!

Yeah well, that's just like, your opinion man.

On topic, I kinda like the regular SD4k better. Probably still buy the rep though.

Diver Dave
Rolex is producing over a million watches per year on an half automated assembly line

And aren't producing any of the acrylic crystal ones, and never did in the number they are producing now. Which is why the older watches have appreciated far more than anything that's in current production. Nothing that is in production is collectible. It's just a consumer commodity, producible in infinite numbers.