Sign in to follow this  
R5tdi

TAG Heuer Connected

R5tdi

Been thinking for a while about the whole connected watch thing,I'm a bit of an apple freak got the lot phone tablet PC tv but the watch just didn't float my boat,looked to much like a toy

So when I saw the tag heuer connected I thought ok could be the one

Was very difficult to find one but in the end got it in dealer in Glasgow and I have to say I'm very pleased with it

Very light just over 53 grms titanium case and wears really well

I've synced it via android wear to my iPhone and it's working perfectly

Will it replace my other gens , absolutely not I will always be a mechanical watch freak but this one somehow works

image.jpeg

4C026254-4546-4A1D-8C08-E8D196984778.jpg

image_1.jpeg

nunu78

Hmmmmmm, well happy for you but it's not for me

Duzza

I thought the iPhone integration was hugely limited?

NodgerRocks
I thought the iPhone integration was hugely limited?

Yea I'm also interested in your comments on this. Main reason that put me off seems as I'm all Apple

JSJ

Why?

greg_r

Is that the one where they'll letcha trade it in against a proper watch in a couple of years? ;)

Gazzla
sIFuAAL.gif

R5tdi
Is that the one where they'll letcha trade it in against a proper watch in a couple of years? ;)

Yes exactly there is a bespoke tag real watch to upgrade if you don't like it so I thought why not

Wriggles

Yes exactly there is a bespoke tag real watch to upgrade if you don't like it so I thought why not

Yep, the one potential plus from Tag that could entice a lot of fence sitters.

I quite like it but fuck the box it comes in looks horrendous!!!

GT86

Congrats but I don't do smart watches

tumblr_m3ppndg7qt1qizyaio1_500.gif

Sakurai

Now, that's a fake watch if ever I saw one...

Can't help but being intrigued though - initially wrote them off since I'm all Apple.

reximda

Tremendous lume

Haltec

Is that just photo or DWO is completely missaligned to the right???

Cool stuff thouhgh.

RUSH2112
Is that just photo or DWO is completely missaligned to the right???

Cool stuff thouhgh.

Good luck fixing that

Del

I like it as a gadget. Looks good too but at 3 or 4 times (?) the price of an entry-level Apple watch, and presumably with less functionality for Apple affectionados, I'm not sure why I would buy this.

mauricio612

Tremendous lume

Hahaha very good one

Haltec

I was just kidding. Post more pics please. Cool stuff. Altough TAG should be state of the art in electro (even digital) mechanical devices. At least their history line suggest so..

gam3r

It's a good watch if you have an Android. Functionality will be limited for iPhone - however - enjoy!

Stuvetjee

Nope, not my cup-o-tea....

mauricio612

Please don't,

I was gutted when I saw a whole showcase with various connected watches at the Breitling store a couple of weeks ago.

I was disappointed that the luxury watch brands are targeting this market which is for geeks imo. When I buy a watch from a reputable swiss brand, I don't wanna hear about battery, LED, wifi or stuff like that. It goes against the history of those makers who have always kept things as mechanical as possible, except for some who offered quartz models but It was still a movement including gears, hands and traditional watch parts

Those watches make me want to puke and the Luxury watch brands must be in trouble to be looking for market shares from such toys

Edited by mauricio612

whitebase

After owning this watch, do you still give your other pieces enough wrist time?

I had a fitbit a few months ago (I know that I shouldn't compare that to this, LOL), and I liked its functionality. But when I realized that that it has been taking away lots of wrist time from my other pieces, I had no choice but to sell them... LOL

markeym3
Please don't,

I was gutted when I saw a whole showcase with various connected watches at the Breitling store a couple of weeks ago.

I was disappointed that the luxury watch brands are targeting this market which is for geeks imo. When I buy a watch from a reputable swiss brand, I don't wanna hear about battery, LED, wifi or stuff like that. It goes against the history of those makers who have always kept things as mechanical as possible, except for some who offered quartz models but It was still a movement including gears, hands and traditional watch parts

Those watches make me want to puke and the Luxury watch brands must be in trouble to be looking for market shares from such toys

I think the idea behind it is to appeal to the electronic generation and entice them into the mechanical watch world.

out of all the smart watches this looks fantastic, love the watch shape and display (s) ..

And would like to see the watch that you can change to ..

aliveandwell

It is cool but im not too confident about smartwatches... a expensive watch that could get discontinued in a few years doesn't make me feel too comfortable