Sign in to follow this  
LightGeek

Timewalker Carbon

LightGeek

Since I got this piece, it's been a love/hate relationship. I got a replacement strap but it still doesn't "feel" right. Maybe it's the squeakiness of the lugs or just the size of the watch. I would sell it but am compelled to keep it because it's so fine. Can anyone else that has it post pics of their aftermarket strap setup? I'm thinking maybe a nice thick brown strap will alleviate my woes.

I currently have a $40 Panatime strap on it.

5uzuju4a.jpg

Wriggles

It doesn't suit you Lightgeek. Not your style. Send it to me, I'll make sure you never have to look at it again and be concerned that you're not doing it justice......

I'm a nice guy as well, I'll even do you a swap. Think this is much more your style

Snoopy1.JPG

:giggle:

Seriously the MB is a beaut, and I'm very interested in where you go with this, it's on my to buy list (along with many many others....)

Mirage

First Strap: Panatime 99$ Dark Brown Gator with golden stiches (Thought the strap was black when placed the order, that would have been the best match for this watch)

lc2mY2y.jpg

VfuANs3.jpg

Second Strap: The one currently on the watch: 99$ Panatime black gator with matching stiches

8Lgz0.jpg

QLlwX.jpg

N08L4.jpg

headhunt3r

Wow, that brown gator with gold stitches... :drool:

Mirage

The biggest drawback on this watch is the no AR crystal. See how the gen stands out:

v3pPO.png

I need a bezel removal tool and a A7753 New crystal ASAP!

arocco

Actually the Brown Gator strap is dope. Seriously.

J.Eric

That is Very Nice!

LightGeek

I still have the 100th Ann GMT Star. No way I'm selling that :)

I think the brown strap is the way to go. Black makes it too dark overall. For $99 though I'd ask Serge to craft one.

LightGeek

Commissioned Daniel to make a black with "bronze" stitching like strap. Lets see what happens :)

Mirage

Hooo! Cant wait to see that!

Aquila

Very nice watch ! :)

Mirage

The biggest drawback on this watch is the no AR crystal. See how the gen stands out:

v3pPO.png

I need a bezel removal tool and a A7753 New crystal ASAP!

Double AR crystal from A7753 version is on its way!

vDcyGx4.jpg

Now anybody have a bezel removal tool for this watch to lend? They go for quite a bunch.

!B5ob-LwBmk~$(KGrHqMOKm4Ey2FnIbC4BMucr6G(T!~~_1.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0174-Oyster-Bezel-Remover-Heavy-Duty-Solid-Metal-Tool-/190595708961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6063b821

LightGeek

You don't want to use that tool. You will mark the case for sure. Use a razor blade, a rubber mallet, lots of tape and patience.

On a side note, I got the $99 (not inc discounts) strap from Panatime. The watch instantly became a 9.5/10 favourite :)

In retrospect I would get a strap next time from Serge so he can stamp "Montblanc". I was too impatient this time around since Panatime gets to me in 5 days.

he3ypyga.jpg

Mirage

Nice Combo! Yeah, this strap is pretty decent for the price. According to the pic, it looks like it is the dark brown version with the gold stitching, am i right?

Thank you so much for the tip regarding the tool I was going to order it....

I'll let you know how it turns out with the replacement of the crystal.

LightGeek

Nice Combo! Yeah, this strap is pretty decent for the price. According to the pic, it looks like it is the dark brown version with the gold stitching, am i right?

It's chocolate with bronze stitching. Good luck!

renuan1

Since I got this piece, it's been a love/hate relationship. I got a replacement strap but it still doesn't "feel" right. Maybe it's the squeakiness of the lugs or just the size of the watch. I would sell it but am compelled to keep it because it's so fine. Can anyone else that has it post pics of their aftermarket strap setup? I'm thinking maybe a nice thick brown strap will alleviate my woes.

I currently have a $40 Panatime strap on it.

5uzuju4a.jpg

Where was this purchased???

RUSH2112

Looks nice. I didn't pay much attention to them previously but stopped by a Mont Blanc store in local mall and was wowed by how nice the watches looked.

LightGeek

Where or how did you order just the crystal by the way?

Mirage

Got it from Mary. I usually place an order for a watch, and throw in a bunch of spare parts. Crystal was somewhat expensive though: 48$

Quick question for you Lightgeek, Since it was so easy to remove the bezel, I am affraid that it is not being held properly anymore after removing and reinstalling it. What should I do?:

a) find new nylon gaskets (where?)

b) put somekind of liquid sealant or glue?

LightGeek

Damn it, I JUST asked WI and they said noobfactory doesn't sell these parts any more.

To hold it, you can use a TINY TINY TINY TINY pin dot of thread lock here and there.

ThinkBachs

I like it. My preference for a strap would be something with curved ends...

HarleyMo
Damn it, I JUST asked WI and they said noobfactory doesn't sell these parts any more.

To hold it, you can use a TINY TINY TINY TINY pin dot of thread lock here and there.

That's not good news, I was hoping to do the same thing to my duo carbon

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta