Sign in to follow this  
s02204595

PAM 386 First quality rep in my collection.

s02204595

Can any expert advise me on the quality of the pam386? I believe it is from zf factory as i done my research online. This watch was purchase from my friend which didnt tell me from which factory

strapviet

I'm interested in this watch. Please let me know its cost and where you bought it from.

Thanks mate.

ALE7575

It is a KW-V6Fac fitted with Seagull NON-inverted

Maybe the best option so far

ALE

Dendo

Don't you :notworthy: just love ALE's encylopedic knowledge :notworthy:

s02204595

Just a newbie question. Why this model was not seem before as original? It is very new?

s02204595

Sorry i was trying to ask anyone saw before the original of this model?

andyboy

Not sure what you are asking but type "Pam 386" into the search box which is up the top right corner.

Loads of hits on the 386.

Nice watch, enjoy it. :thumbsup2:

mysterio

The 386 has gone through a few revisions actually if you read ALE's guide. The last of which were the KW version released in May 2015 and the ZF released one month after. The KW is better since it uses the Seagull movement which places the balance wheel closer to the gen position @7 (seagull is @6, A7750 is @12).

Daywatch

Same KW 386 Titanium lightweight, this is the previous release with the A7750, one of my fav. Summerwatches. Great fun:)

Except caseback it´s exactly as the long awaited original - but it was never released (just one sample). The smoked glass cover at the backside is wonderful.

PAMback_0131-1024_zps79ce699f.jpg

Swimming in Painter´s Bay

IMG_6372bb_zpsy9lfqw9o.jpg

IMG_6344_zpsyvlvrquz.jpg

and in the North Atlantic

Pam6208861cr_zpsdc72e72d.jpg

s02204595

The orginal of 386 was not release?

Daywatch

Pre-Sihh 2011 - release enthusiasm: http://blog.perpetuelle.com/sihh/sihh-2011-panerai-luminor-composite-pam-386/

It was released/presented in 2011 but never sold in quantities to the public, maybe some prototypes and pre-production runs; it seems Panerai did not get the composite material right.

The good thing is, if You will ever meet somebody on the street wearing one You can compare it to Yours: they will be 1:1 equal:)

stefan202
Same KW 386 Titanium lightweight, this is the previous release with the A7750, one of my fav. Summerwatches. Great fun:)

Except caseback it´s exactly as the long awaited original - but it was never released (just one sample). The smoked glass cover at the backside is wonderful.

PAMback_0131-1024_zps79ce699f.jpg

IMG_6372bb_zpsy9lfqw9o.jpg

IMG_6344_zpsyvlvrquz.jpg

Pam6208861cr_zpsdc72e72d.jpg

What!? A waterproof rep!? How much? Are they rated for any depth? Shockproof? I neeeed.....

I'm honestly looking for a good Pam Rep that is both water and shock resistant that I can wear during my outdoor excursions without fear of breaking it...and without spending $8k on a Gen.

Daywatch

What!? A waterproof rep!? How much? Are they rated for any depth? Shockproof? I neeeed.....

I'm honestly looking for a good Pam Rep that is both water and shock resistant that I can wear during my outdoor excursions without fear of breaking it...and without spending $8k on a Gen.

Hi, You will have to test it or silicon-grease and tighten it anyway, some dealers like Toro offer a waterproof/testing service. The KW 386 above is factory-rated to 100m which just means it may be better suited than one that is not rated at all. This one performs very well for 2 seasons now, the KW 382 Bronzo and another 2 or 3 might be alternatives.

I wouldn´t count on the shockproof along with it, it´s a rep, to me it means it´s either shockproof or water-resistant, the 2 don´t mix too well in repdom.

The huge PAM 193 toolwatch is quite shockproof, as when it drops it always falls on the heavier side of the crownguard and there gets feathered when hitting the stone. I would not take it for a swim or try to wp it, others have done it.

stefan202

I'm about to order a KW 386 V6 Titanium from Mary.

Should I go for the Seagull or A7750 movement? I know the Seagull is closer to the Gen, but is it as reliable as the A7750?

Their site states the Seagull is $40 LESS than the A7750.

pimsis

Interesting to see you went for a ceramic watch as your first quality rep!

mysterio

Interesting to see you went for a ceramic watch as your first quality rep!

The rep (well even the gen) PAM386 isn't ceramic.

ALE7575

Is it this version of the watch:

http://www.kuvarsitw...the-original../

with the seagull movement?

No, this is a decorated A7750 NON-inverted

ALE

BCFIT

To the OP, have you been bothered by the rotor noise of the seagull movement at all? Or is it reasonable like a 7750? Thanks buddy. I have a miyota 8... And it's just too noisy for my liking.

childishthing

Looks like a great everyday watch, post some more pictures after you've worn it for a year.