Sign in to follow this  
bangsters

differences between the $500 range vs the 250-300 range?

bangsters

Hey all. New to this forum. Curious on the panerais I see, some are ranged 250-350, while some are aroun 600 upwards. Can anyone explain what the differences in price range entail? I know the 600+ say Swiss ETA. But aside from the movement, are there any other differences, like fit and finish? If you look at the backside, would one be able to tell a rep from an authentic one? Never had a rep Panerai, but do have a few authentic Tag Heuers.

Any input much appreciated. Cheers!

RepGuy

There is a thread designed to answer this exact question. Do a forum search and you will find it fairly easily. This question is asked A LOT.

Thelittleprince

You get what you pay for buddy! Simple

Wriggles

Aside from the recent rattrapante movement rep I don't think I've ever seen a Panerai over 600usd, with a few exceptions they are never more than 400usd and most are in the mid 200 to mid 300 range.

If you're seeing many in the 600+ you're looking where you shoulnd't be

bangsters

thabk you for the replies. I was actually browsing at perfectwatches and the models that didnt say swiss eta were arpund 200 to 300ish. Then those that says swiss eta go for 600 upwards with the ceramica gmt selling for 715usd...

Wriggles

I rest my case

Stewart

thabk you for the replies. I was actually browsing at perfectwatches and the models that didnt say swiss eta were arpund 200 to 300ish. Then those that says swiss eta go for 600 upwards with the ceramica gmt selling for 715usd...

There is a section on the main page called trusted dealers. Start looking there.

RepGuy

Here, I literally just wrote this for a different thread, but it seems as if it would answer your question as well:

<$100 - Bottom of the barrel. 99% of the time it will be a cheap Quartz movement. Build quality can be compared to a child's toy watch.

$101-$200 - Entry level reps, with some good bargains if you know where to look (ex. Regmariner Sub). Build quality will be okay, but a lot of the smaller details will either be wrong or missing (ex. Misaligned markers, inaccurate logo, wrong sized crown guards). Most reps in This price range will be fitted with a decent low beat Asian clone movement (ex. A2813). This is a good level to test out a new style or for newbies.

$201-$400 - This is where reps start to get really good. This range covers most of the top quality reps. These will usually have a superior build quality, most, if not all, of the finer details will be present and correct, and the movement can be anything from a low beat A2813 to a high beat A2824 and even clone movements meant to look like the genuine version (ex. SA3135). This price point is the sweet spot for many members and can satisfy most people looking for a high quality rep.

>$400 - At this price point, you are looking at either extremely high quality stock reps, or franken/modded builds. Really anything goes here. Movements can range from those listed in the previous level, to actual genuine movements or Swiss variants. Build quality is superb, and can include cases made from things such as Forged Carbon, Titanium, Ceramic, and many others. The details found are as close the the genuine version as possible, and many times are indistinguishable from the gen unless they are side by side. This is the price point of many anal retentive members.

Stewart

As an addendum This ^^^^ only applies to Trusted dealers on this site or in the M2M section. Random sites will rip you off.

GenTLe

Da fuq is "perfectwatches"? Scammers? You'd better look here dude:http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=60

bangsters

Thanks man. Was referring to perfectwatches do to. Then another guy in IG added me and his prices were around 500is for 1:1 replica. I think he went by jf factory. Was ready to pull the trigger until i saw all the other for less than 400 that looked to have the same quality.

elp

THERE IS NO 1:1 REPLICA

Clear?

gavmeister

Thanks man. Was referring to perfectwatches do to. Then another guy in IG added me and his prices were around 500is for 1:1 replica. I think he went by jf factory. Was ready to pull the trigger until i saw all the other for less than 400 that looked to have the same quality.

They all look the same quality because they are pictures of the genuine watches and not the watch you will get...

bangsters

Thanks. Looks like i found what I wanted in one of the trusted sellers you guys pointed me to. Pulling the trigger for the vsf ceramica :)

Gonna be my 1st panerai rep. From discussion on the other site it looks spot on minus the 24hr gmt instead of 12hr gmt.

bangsters

By the way, so those that say the watches use swiss eta, they still should fall in the 300 to 400 range? Most of the high range ones I see has the clear casebackwith replica 9001 movement

GenTLe

There is no swiss ETA. From years.

sogeha

You get what you pay for from Trusted Dealers. Beware of sites you find on Google, a lot of them are pure scammers. As my Italian friend GenTLe says, ETA hasn't been keen on selling movements for years. If it says Swiss this, AAAAAA+++ that and especially made by craftsmen in Switzerland, then it is a lie. The best you will get with a genuine Swiss movement is some cobbled together forty year old POS movement and there is every chance you won't get a watch at all from these sites. There is nothing wrong at all with the Chinese copies. As said above, do some reading and stick to trusted dealers.

NCRich

Here, I literally just wrote this for a different thread, but it seems as if it would answer your question as well:

>$100 - Bottom of the barrel. 99% of the time it will be a cheap Quartz movement. Build quality can be compared to a child's toy watch.

$101-$200 - Entry level reps, with some good bargains if you know where to look (ex. Regmariner Sub). Build quality will be okay, but a lot of the smaller details will either be wrong or missing (ex. Misaligned markers, inaccurate logo, wrong sized crown guards). Most reps in This price range will be fitted with a decent low beat Asian clone movement (ex. A2813). This is a good level to test out a new style or for newbies.

$201-$400 - This is where reps start to get really good. This range covers most of the top quality reps. These will usually have a superior build quality, most, if not all, of the finer details will be present and correct, and the movement can be anything from a low beat A2813 to a high beat A2824 and even clone movements meant to look like the genuine version (ex. SA3135). This price point is the sweet spot for many members and can satisfy most people looking for a high quality rep.

<$400 - At this price point, you are looking at either extremely high quality stock reps, or franken/modded builds. Really anything goes here. Movements can range from those listed in the previous level, to actual genuine movements or Swiss variants. Build quality is superb, and can include cases made from things such as Forged Carbon, Titanium, Ceramic, and many others. The details found are as close the the genuine version as possible, and many times are indistinguishable from the gen unless they are side by side. This is the price point of many anal retentive members.

>

Meh, sorta right. Be better if you had the < signs pointed in the right direction and it weren't so absolute. I've many watches $100 and less that are very good quality and build.

mysterio

All of the above.

dalboy

THERE IS NO 1:1 REPLICA

Clear?

Lost count of how many times i said this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what the hell is it with people and 1:1

Dal.

bangsters

Thanks guys. You guys saved me from a potential disaster. Will be getting from puretime or chazingtime dot co for 348usd. I was about to fork almost 600 prior to posting here.

GenTLe
Thanks guys. You guys saved me from a potential disaster. Will be getting from puretime or chazingtime dot co for 348usd. I was about to fork almost 600 prior to posting here.

That's already quite a big amount, if you have read Ale Pam guide and the model is in the super replica league, you'll be extremely satisfied.

Wriggles

Fine, but remember, it's chinese new year, and also there are not TD's here so if you have any issues the mods cannot help. You should probably join RWI if you plan on buying from them

SamsonAusKognito

Nothing more to say than the early birds. :)

I'd always go with a seagull and (instead of some others) with the A7750 they offer.