Del

Del

greg_r

great comparison. Thanks Del :)

DR3M3L

They both look awesome! Great pics again Del :D

StormyNight

Great comparison and interesting to see them together. Thanks for shooting it Del.

I'm not surprised you're not blown away by this comparison because the Black Bay (gen) is nowhere near as good a watch as the SO 44 so the reps reflect that ;)

Del

I'm not surprised you're not blown away by this comparison because the Black Bay (gen) is nowhere near as good a watch as the SO 44 so the reps reflect that ;)

Hmmm, although I can certainly detect your tongue in cheek, I'd like to confirm that this is not what I was getting at. ;)

Chiquita Fanjita

Nice comparison mate. Agree with the points you noted, but biggest difference to me is definitely the dial colour and thickness/sharpness of the printing.

abs0025

Great comparison. Been thinking about getting a gen BB for awhile now and this might compel me.

nev848

Thanks Del wonderful work as usual. You can clearly see the one slight weak point in these pictures in the short length of the crown thread on the Rep.

Went to a Rolex AD yesterday and they have Tudor marketing ready for the September launch. Got myself invited to the launch party so should be fun :)

Beautiful watch and definitely on my hit list.

ShovelnTC

Thanks for your efforts Del, Great info and shots.

I love the BB and still haven't bitten the bullet for a Gen but I think that despite the differences we are lucky to have the standard of Rep that these are.

Del

Thanks all. :thumbsup2:

avc0002

good stuff

RussP

Very helpful review Del.

Thanks for making the effort.

The lume and dial on the gen make so much of a difference, but when viewed on it's own (without a side-by-side comparo) the rep looks pretty darn good.

Regards,

Russ.

rusky27

Great to see this review - especially photographed so well. I'll be re-reading the so44 again also as everybody loves a super rep! Side by side the one detail that niggles me is one of the smaller ones, that being the flash of coloured ring at the crown. This watch was a bit if an obsession for me before the rep was a twinkle in the Z factories eye and just around the time I discovered rep fora. Would I go gen absolutely, but before seeing the gen I wouldn't have. Starting to develop a tropic / plexi crystal fascination.

To be honest Im happy with the rep and certainly I see a strap and buckle combo in its future as that's the look that first sold it to me long ago - as said before by more knowledgable than me it's great that they even have came this far.!

Cheers for the review Del.

George.

Yep, this has sold it to me. I think I'll be ordering one this week

964boy

Great comparison Del, the rep looks good, but the gen is stunning.

ronin007

Wow intresting,I've got the blue version and like it a lot,nice watch Del

TheSav

I always love seeing the gen vs rep side by side comparisons. The first thing that stood out to me was the lume and the finish on the case. The rep looks pretty bloody good though. Nice pics as always Del :)

seclark007
:thumbsup:

Burnleybezel

I'd love to see the comparison with the V2

B.B

TheTinMan

The rep still looks fantastic considering it's a V1. I'm guessing the V2 will be spectacular, but not yet perfect (otherwise they wouldn't sell anymore after that). The V3 should be spot on.

Piccolo

Great pics - really good to see things side by side.

midasmook

Very good of you to take the time to do this comparison Del and I hope the membership appreciate the effort you have put in to do it.

Del

Very good of you to take the time to do this comparison Del and I hope the membership appreciate the effort you have put in to do it.

Thanks mate, it was my pleasure. :)

Glad it has been useful for some folk.

Rav747

Thanks, Del; was waiting for someone to do a side by side comparison.

Ishmael

Great work Del! I like that the pics reflect simply how we would look at them, without any camera trickeration. What immediately jumped out to me is that on the gen, the bezel is a lighter hue of red, and the dial is a darker, crisper black. For the most part, other than that, the rep is a pretty good copy. Just need that strap now!