AllergyDoc

Hublot Big Bang King - SS

AllergyDoc

Following are pictures of my Hublot Big Bang King. It's the "lite" version, meaning it's all stainless steel. The more expensive model, $750+, was supposedly plated with platinum :drool: .

This is a big watch: 47mm x 18mm. (Maybe 16mm thick.) It's powered by an Asian 7750, stripped of the chrono gears. Why use the 7750? I believe it was the best fit, size-wise, for the case.

This was purchase from Super Mirrors on RG. It arrived from China, not the US, with a very loud rotor that might be heard spinning for 10-12 seconds after certain arm movements. I complained and he had me open the case. I removed, then reinstalled the rotor. Didn't help. The watch went back to Sead and he said he installed a new movement. The rotor is still noisy but much improved. I paid $270, shipped.

BBK%20006.jpg

The second hand is very interesting, with its contrasting red color against the black matte dial. Because of the size of the arrowhead, the sweep is more noticeable than that on watches with straight, thin second hands.

BBK%20007.jpg

The deployment clasp is very well made and snaps shut with a solid click. Too bad my wrist is a between-size for the available holes. One setting is usually too tight and results in gouge marks on my wrist while the next size larger lets the watch flop around a bit too much for my liking (considering the watch's size). I wonder if holes could be drilled in the rubber strap? I saw RC42 attach a metal bracelet on a Hublot, a bracelet he took off a Vac. Overseas.

BBK%20011.jpg

Pulling out the crown and adjusting the time leaves me feeling like something's not quite hooked up exactly in side. Manual winding can make a grinding sound. :drool:

BBK%20009.jpg

It is the best luming watch I own. All the hands, hour markers, and pearl lume equally well and, with a proper charge under the reading lamp, the time can be easily read throughout the night.

I'd resisted trying out a Hublot until this King came along. Now I'm interested in others.

oscarmadfish

gorgeous

alphakazi

I'm a fan of Hublot as well - nice watch for that price

I'm sure she looks much better from further away - those close up macros always bring out the worst but even then, it looks good

how's the AR on the lite? judging from the last pic, it's looks great

onzenuub

Yep, nice watch Doc, how is AR on this one??

greg_r

Not a big Hublot fan, but I love the look of the strap on that thing..... looks seriously comfortable.

AllergyDoc

The AR is fabulous. Better than either the Skyland or SA and on par with the Graham.

rc42

The HBB King is a stunning watch, I have the earlier 'Palladium' version which Josh claims to have a white gold plating, it plated with something and it may well be white gold but if I were choosing now I'd certainly get the SS version.

The crown is the weak point on these reps and feels loose and wobbly when unscrewed but the finish quality is pretty good with superb AR and the lume is good for a rep.

If you're going to own one Hublot then get this one :P

AllergyDoc
Have you got any movement shots of this the ones I have seen seem to have a very basic movement in them with plastic holder

PWC/T4D asked this question.

Looks metal to me. Is it supposed to say "Titanium"?

BBK%20013.jpg

BBK%20017.jpg

Anyone see some kind of regulator on the movement? It runs about 2 minutes slow.

Some other shots someone requested (from further away => less distortion):

BBK%20018.jpg

BBK%20020.jpg

The more I look, the better the AR job is. It's very difficult to see the crystal.

BBK%20023.jpg

oscarmadfish

love it

AllergyDoc

The Big Bang King SS with a suit:

BBK%20Suit%20002.jpg

BBK%20Suit%20004.jpg

BBK%20Suit%20005.jpg

arty909

That one has been on my list ever since I saw your initial shots, Doc! Wear it well, Arty

thumbsup.jpg

trailboss99
That one has been on my list ever since I saw your initial shots, Doc! Wear it well, Arty

thumbsup.jpg

The watch or the tie? :troll:

AD: I realy wouldn't wind this watch matey. Hand winding 7750s is bad, Mmkay? Best to start them with a gentle shake or if absalutly necessery a couple of very slow turns only. If it's makeing loaud wiring sounds while being wound the rotor may be spining during winding due too gear train probs. Didn't happen to wind it while you had the back off did you? Regardless, just don't hand wind if possible. Most of the striped down 7750s (Pams use 'em too) are Sea-Gulls so should actualy be some of the better ones but as you know it's still luck of the draw.

Col.

bene3

that is a very nice looking watch.

I do like Hublots and might purchase my first one after christmas

Luthier

Are you sure it's A7750?

Looks too small, but, maybe, because watch is huge.

I like it, looks great, the only thing I'd change is dial. I love carbon fiber checkered dials on Hublots.

alphakazi

yep, it is a 7750 - this beaut is on the short short list

P_Diddy

Do the Hublots wear comfortable on the wrist, in the same way Rolex Oyster bracelet on the Subs wear comfortably? :rofl:

AllergyDoc
Do the Hublots wear comfortable on the wrist, in the same way Rolex Oyster bracelet on the Subs wear comfortably? :rofl:

No.

If you wear them snug, they bite into your wrist. If you wear this one loose, the rotor is far too loud. I've lost weight lately so mine is more comfortable and I can wear it all day.

P_Diddy

why is the rotar loud, if you wear it loosely?

I know A7750 make some noise but surely Hublot not that 'noisy'?

No.

If you wear them snug, they bite into your wrist. If you wear this one loose, the rotor is far too loud. I've lost weight lately so mine is more comfortable and I can wear it all day.

AllergyDoc

I think it's loud because there's space between the case back and my wrist that allows the rotor sound to expand in. When it's snug against the wrist, the sound waves don't get "air."

In some A7750 reps you never hear the rotor, in others it sounds like a chopper landing on your arm. One of the mysteries of rep making?

why is the rotar loud, if you wear it loosely?

I know A7750 make some noise but surely Hublot not that 'noisy'?

AllergyDoc

Don't know for sure, but the clasp appears to be completely different. Should be comfy. That's a nice looking bracelet, much better than the rubber one.

Luthier
Don't know for sure, but the clasp appears to be completely different. Should be comfy. That's a nice looking bracelet, much better than the rubber one.

Ask Mary for bracelet, maybe she can find it for you.

She sold one to me, but it was SS, my Hublot is RG, so, I gave it to OMF, I think.

Is it low beat A7750 or 28,800?

Gorgeous watch, btw.

P_Diddy

what's your opinion of this Hublot? am I likely to get the noisy rotar problem as I like to wear my watches loose enought to slide in one finger into the bracelet?

I previously thought Hublot along with AP were over rated over engineered watches.... :thumbsup:

P_Diddy

I have never seen up close or worn a gen Hublot at AD before, hmmn will have to bother the AD again :thumbsup:

What is the quality of the Hublot reps compare against the gen?

Are the reps visually very close to the gen and I am talking about details like the texture/colours of the dial and the fonts used?

anyone wanna chime in with comments? ;)