Sign in to follow this  
purger72

Water test on my PO 42mm

purger72

Haven't wear my PO for 3 months :/ , well my another reps took over a bit. Anyhow warm days came so is pool time and fancy leather strap reps hit the watch box and my PO got its turn.... finaly :P

So while around the pool and spa just thought...well lets test... hmmm ...

My missus laughed. ...it may go caput ... ;/ .. . Hmm I sayed , welll need to do it and it went under the water.....

AD4A4875-0064-4704-911A-49450E9F0997_zps1ayepxjp.jpg

1D222B19-812D-46BD-A07B-7532C7FB874C_zpsfuizltzq.jpg

EBDF3A74-9146-428C-B83E-5B917D09AF76_zps55zibkoo.jpg

D923A2E7-7737-4CD8-9866-F36779BDDAFD_zpsykqyazcd.jpg

So I just thought well it survived the test and deserves a drink ... ;p

3E52B3E2-2FEB-4BCD-AA47-2469267FA61B_zpsbhsryj1w.jpg

AEA8C325-FE59-490B-A1A3-78141A809C31_zpskkpfnxo4.jpg

6E772FCA-FC86-4593-9E6F-D3E4C34AD6A8_zpsqagjapu7.jpg

I truly hate this rep hobby :) to many great watches sit in watch box.... to many stilll calling ......

Omeg@007

Excellent Thread....needed to know the tolerant too :)

How many meters you took it deep?

cheers

fatarms

I'm just gonna sit back and watch this one.

purger72

I let it go in spa , btw spa was only at 21°C , 1 meter deep. To me is just to swimm with the watch, splash in the pool and on the beaach. Will see if it goes ok thru the summer :-p

Omeg@007

I let it go in spa , btw spa was only at 21°C , 1 meter deep. To me is just to swimm with the watch, splash in the pool and on the beaach. Will see if it goes ok thru the summer :-p

Lool....at least worth the try :)

BTW, nice watch

tonyh7

Or you could of course get a watch maker to pressure test it. But where's the fun in that?

purger72
Or you could of course get a watch maker to pressure test it. But where's the fun in that?

To waste more money ... :P that can go towards new rep ...

tonyh7

Its a nice looking watch. You're a brave man!

rawbaws

Particularly with a he valve..

Nikosaldente

Let's see how it goes!

anfalas

Well it's presumably not you favourite rep so what the hell !!

........but sod this lame spa/swimming pool crap get yer bloody tanks on and take it down to 100m+ ......it's a PO ffs :lmao:

Edited by anfalas

JSJ

I tested quite a lot of reps in a pressure tester. You were lucky, believe me.

After greasing the seals and assuming the He valve is in a blind hole, most non-chronographs pass.

purger72

I wouldnt do it with Navitimer or other chronos ...other thing is that needed a watch while in and around water so PO sim to be only one to go. It is a risk but will see how ig pulls up, so far is ok.. :)

Since I got in to this rep automatics, having hard time putting on quartz watch ....

wowsasb

What movement does it have?

purger72

Asian 2836

wowsasb

Asian 2836

Thanks

Daywatch

Looking good so far. The purpose of a watch is to tell time and to get used.

purger72
Looking good so far. The purpose of a watch is to tell time and to get used.

Well when the watch box gets full its not easy.... but finaly got out for little while ...

JSJ
I wouldnt do it with Navitimer or other chronos ...other thing is that needed a watch while in and around water so PO sim to be only one to go. It is a risk but will see how ig pulls up, so far is ok.. :)

Since I got in to this rep automatics, having hard time putting on quartz watch ....

Well that's fine. I hope it stays dry inside. If it's leaking a tiny bit, which they tend to do round dry stem seals, this test won't show up a leak for a while. Actually until the rust stops it working.

It really is worth taking the back off to check, then greasing the caseback and stem seals, even if you don't want to spend anything testing it. Often the shoe repair/battery changing watch repairers will pressure test for nothing.

KeNnY

I like the white ceramics with glossy printing ! :)

Danza1813

I like the choice of beer! Not seen the white ceramic PO before...interesting.

purger72

Well that's fine. I hope it stays dry inside. If it's leaking a tiny bit, which they tend to do round dry stem seals, this test won't show up a leak for a while. Actually until the rust stops it working.

It really is worth taking the back off to check, then greasing the caseback and stem seals, even if you don't want to spend anything testing it. Often the shoe repair/battery changing watch repairers will pressure test for nothing.

First thing I do when new rep arrives is per Rollies tred, open up back case and grease the seal , check if there are any losse screws and rest off advice that was in that tred.

And it is true that every rep I have had dry seal and nedeed greasing.

Thanks for advice JSJ :)

If you dont mind asking that pressure test you done was 3,5...atm ?

Omeg@007

First thing I do when new rep arrives is per Rollies tred, open up back case and grease the seal , check if there are any losse screws and rest off advice that was in that tred.

Nice precautions!

JSJ

I test to 6 bar using a Bergeon tester.

purger72

I test to 6 bar using a Bergeon tester.

Ok , that equals to 60 meter depth. Preassure on the watch in spa on 1m depth equals o.1 bar only and its pretty much quite safe for just casual swimming.

Thanks gor info mate.