Sign in to follow this  
damocles123

My Very Unique Miyota 5711- One of A Kind

damocles123

Dear All,

I stumbled across this forum 4 weeks ago, it was an eye opener. I am learning a great deal of knowledge from everyone, its crazy to see how much time and effort some people put in for the love of watches.

Originally a huge AP fan myself, I was drawn to these insane looking Nautilus that these gentlemen have. After sniffing around for a while, I came to the conclusion that the old version miyota 5711 with modded hands would be my best bet and closest to the gen.

Though research after research, PM sent to various members and TDs but still no luck sourcing the cheapie 21J in need for the hand mods. I decided to ask ryan from intime if its possible to get the hands alone from the miyota v2, I was gambling and hope that it would fit into the older version miyota with thin hands. There was no guarantee as personally I haven’t come across anyone that tried to do it. Ryan accepted, I proceed to pay for the parts and the miyota.

After 2 days, the QC pics came, I opened the first picture with the front dail facing up, to my surprise it was a Nautilus 5711 with correct hands.

I was so confused, Is this the correct miyota that I paid for or is this the miyota v2? Did he mix up with the SW200? Or did he help me to swap the thin hands out? I quickly browse through the rest of the QC pictures…

hold on, correct dail pattern, greenish blue colour dail, correct end link, one pin on the side. This has to be the correct miyota!!

I sent Ryan an email and asked if he helped me swap the thin hands. He replied, “I will show you the handset asap. But swap the handset, we never do like this.” I didn’t quite understand the sentence, but my interpretation was that he did not help me swap the hands and this is the miyota that I paid for. I didn’t ask any further about the matter and just went with it.

3 days later, my watch arrived at my doorstep… I honestly felt like a $20k Nautilus is in front of me.

I have held the gen myself a couple of times. I have to say this watch is spot on except the colour is a bit greenish compare to the gen, but $278 vs $20k I am not complaining lol

I tried to take pictures in different angles to show everyone how the dial colour changes in different lightings, but honestly pictures just don’t do any justice of the watch.

9b359147716d800c33cee83e61c42cb3.jpg

fcbfd972be921e1885cdc0a15ad24ce3.png

5eeb862bf1e79242d2e0b010a00a604b.jpg

339d343ee7f1ad34469d3f63aa0f6489.png

11ef3bfb566eb18d1326bab07d59fd0c.png

8a2dc2a88af8eb79b110b7355a0431a0.png

c1b47992e0bec24acc09c89569c0b7f8.png

69b2f6ec3dea1e219150e03eb7264f27.png

276262f5681f6c96449fa6604cd1645e.png

276262f5681f6c96449fa6604cd1645e.png

73d27e34401abafaa8796490ee488c02.png

cbeb5aedaba2139b74f6f06bf5ff6060.png

1f80ac14f385eba7a95f5062e197200a.jpg

bafd3823774fa28c54e738ccdc540a37.jpg

Although I have only received this watch yesterday and I love love the watch, I have come to the conclusion that this watch is just a bit too elegant for my liking as I am used to the rougher bigger Aps. I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I might put this up on M2M soon if I decided to let it go. I hope I won't regret it if I decide to do so, as this watch is one of a kind with the correct hands, not too fat not too thin but just about right as per gen.

Also, if anyone has the Miyota with thin hands and is interested to try and experiment with the Miyota v2 hands mod, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by andyboy
QC pics deleted

Cdevil

Beautiful watch! Congratulations, and wear in good health!

damocles123

Tell me this doesn't look gen... I think I am keeping it.

CRDWXqa.jpg

bowtiefanatc

Very impressed! I would be super stoked if I got that! Thin and correct hands! Which one is Ryan again? I've only ordered from Marvelous

damocles123

Very impressed! I would be super stoked if I got that! Thin and correct hands! Which one is Ryan again? I've only ordered from Marvelous

Ryan from intime, he is a TD from RWI. He later told me that it was a mistake, the factory put the "wrong" hands in for this one, but turns out its the correct hands :giggle:

You can try your luck, but I doubt it will happen again.

Member X

Thanks for the info on this, interesting that the factory made a mistake in their usual model.

Is the lume the same on the hands and dial?

I don't know Ryan but someone needs to tell the factory to keep making this 'mistake' lol

BM284

Lovely looking watch .... As above, the factory need to keep on making this mistake!!! Wear it in good health mate :)

damocles123

Thanks for the info on this, interesting that the factory made a mistake in their usual model.

Is the lume the same on the hands and dial?

I don't know Ryan but someone needs to tell the factory to keep making this 'mistake' lol

Yes the lume is the same for the hands and dail markers. But we are know what factory lumes are like, will likely get it re-lume by my modder in order get a more solid glow.

bearlowry

Beaut of a watch, & nice review/promo...looks like you're fixin to sell it?

damocles123

Sorry I am keeping it.

After wearing it for few days straight, I think its my favourite rep right now.

e157e9e9fe72375208f1049015354d66.png

JMMC

There are rumors, we need more QC pics of recently ordered watches, that BP updated wrong thin AP hands on their old Nautilus 9015 Miyota powered reps. If confirmed that would be one of the best recent news in rep world. No more need to search for a 21J one to swap hands. No fatty MKF's, no ultraexpensive wrong dial pattern SW200 movements with clearly visible extra holes on it etc etc....

shunki

nice watch

is it the MKF version or MK V2?

Kwt

Good review - thanks for sharing - interesting to know that factories do make the correct mistakes from time to time lol.

black263

There are rumors, we need more QC pics of recently ordered watches, that BP updated wrong thin AP hands on their old Nautilus 9015 Miyota powered reps. If confirmed that would be one of the best recent news in rep world. No more need to search for a 21J one to swap hands. No fatty MKF's, no ultraexpensive wrong dial pattern SW200 movements with clearly visible extra holes on it etc etc....

No we don't. QC pictures are prohibited on this forum. Photographs of watches taken by the purchaser after receipt are welcome, but QC are big no-nos.

black263

Beaut of a watch, & nice review/promo...looks like you're fixin to sell it?

Although I have only received this watch yesterday and I love love the watch, I have come to the conclusion that this watch is just a bit too elegant for my liking as I am used to the rougher bigger Aps. I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I might put this up on M2M soon if I decided to let it go. I hope I won't regret it if I decide to do so, as this watch is one of a kind with the correct hands, not too fat not too thin but just about right as per gen.

Also, if anyone has the Miyota with thin hands and is interested to try and experiment with the Miyota v2 hands mod, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for reading.

You need to be very careful here. You are way short of post count to allow you to sell, and the mods may well consider this a backdoor offer to sell, despite your later post saying you intend to keep it. You may consider editing out the appropriate part here.

_DC_

Haha, never mind his backdoor offer to sell, are you making a backdoor offer to be a mod black263 :rofl:

DC

Mike on a bike

"You need to be very careful here. You are way short of post count to allow you to sell, and the mods may well consider this a backdoor offer to sell, despite your later post saying you intend to keep it. You may consider editing out the appropriate part here."

Either this is one of the best set ups to move a watch I've seen in awhile or he just changed his mind.( I must stop being so suspicious)

Very nice by the way always loved this watch and I often think about grabbing one but bracelet will be to short then I need another big PIA plus extra $!

black263

Haha, never mind his backdoor offer to sell, are you making a backdoor offer to be a mod black263 :rofl:

DC

Not me. Far too sensible (and Grumpy) to put up with the shit they take for us.

GenTLe
now has anyone ordered a model with the correct hands in the last weeks?

Our TDs didn´t inform us about a change and they didn´t replace the pictures of these myiota nautilus watches either...

so how long must we wait for the models with correct hands?

Write a TD and ask :)

GenTLe

Did you get any update on it telling they didn't change or no mails at all? If the second one then write him again, he forgot :)

willstrang

Lovely watch!! I'm very tempted to order and see if I have the same luck as you have..

Any chance you can post a picture of the movement?

wdev

Very curious to see where this leads. Correct hands on the miyota version would be very close to gen

_DC_
Just checked Ryan @ Intime and this is what I found: http://www.intime.co/patek-philippe/2703-nautilus-jumbo-5711-bp-v2-blue-dial-on-bracelet-miyota-9015-pp324cs.html

Pretty damn perfect :)

It looks a bit thick though, not sure if that's correct

I saw this, does look good, like you say a little thick but hard to judge from pics and I never trust TD case thickness measurements!!

DC

wdev

Just read an excellent write-up from Godfathar on RWG. It seems you can get the thin v1 miyota version with the upgraded hands. Just asked if Tim can source any :)

To be continued