Phantomtech

Photo Review: IWC Pilot's Watch Mark XVIII w/ 2xAR, Jacob Strap, Relumed hands

Phantomtech

Here is the IWC Mark XVIII from the MK factory, I received it a couple of weeks ago and it was a great rep straight out of the box. But it needed some work done to bring it up a notch.

I sent it to Steve to apply his double AR coat to the crystal and while he was doing that the watch was sent off to get the hands relumed. When I first received it, the rep lume on the hands were just a tad yellowish and I like it crisp white so that is what I requested.

While this was going on Jacobstraps made me two new straps, one black and one dark brown. He perfectly imitated the Santoni ones that come with the gen (I had no intention of paying the Santoni premium for the OEM calf leather straps). They both look really great with this dial, the black dresses it up and the dark brown makes it more sporty. For this watch I did not order the orange interior lining since I do not like how it looks on this particular dial. On the 3777-09 there is a small red hand in the subdial and the orange lining on the strap somehow brings it out, so for that watch I requested the orange lining.

I also purchased a ZF deployant clasp that is made for the 5007 since I really didn't want to use the tang buckle that it comes with on the brand new Jacob strap.

Now that it has all come together the watch is an absolute stunner! It is simply a beauty in it's simplicity (if that makes any sense). No other way to describe it.

It is super comfortable on the wrist, I hardly notice it's there, and the time is a pleasure to read (just like a Pilot's watch should be).

All in all, this is a definite keeper for me!

I also have the larger Pilot model, the 3777-09 from ZF factory which I have been wearing steady for the last couple of weeks. It also has the same mods, 2xAR, Jacob Strap and Relumed hands. Together this is an amazing pair of Pilot's watches.

It's funny how since I got into the IWC brand, between these and the 5007's - it is literally taking up 95% of my wrist time. And I have highly modded expensive AP's and PP's just sitting around. Oh well.

On to the pics!

IWC Mark XVIII on black strap:

sKr49J.jpg

yjYDNX.jpg

8Tro8f.jpg

jZ2xCK.jpg

wncLmK.jpg

70zxSq.jpg

88SQzP.jpg

IWC Mark XVIII on dark brown strap:

QdHTwA.jpg

w2mcli.jpg

qom6SP.jpg

eYO329.jpg

ssFvKD.jpg

Ykb5Mk.jpg

LNIKu3.jpg

OHZ7L1.jpg

IWC Pilot 3777-09 on black strap with orange lining:

ultQmo.jpg

0Hx6g9.jpg

Lwvycv.jpg

G7CUmL.jpg

Together:

xF4Lhz.jpg

Auo5g0.jpg

2wbvbX.jpg

iCsW4o.jpg

K61E5d.jpg

Almost forgot the lume shot!

KacJXJ.jpg

Edited by Phantomtech

Jibuti

very nice. mind you, you have missing crystals on both of them....

Moondustesp

They look awesome

wizzzard

Stunning. They compliment each other. Mark XV111 for the suit and the Pilot for the evening....

Congrats on the work. Simple and effective. Like the approach.

myaz

The pictures pop.

Lume shot with the new lume?

Phantomtech

The pictures pop.

Lume shot with the new lume?

Added the photo in the OP. Thanks for the reminder ;)

steveo75

That looks fantastic. My first rep is IWC and there's something about the clean simplicity of them that makes me want more.

redvic

Great shots, stunning watches! Congrats!

Edited by redvic

chuckbass

These are ridiculously nice. Please please let me know if you ever want to let go of that Mark XVIII - absolutely perfect, massive respect for you bringing it to life like that

Larreynaga

That Mark XVIII looks sharp! How much did you spend for the extra AR and strap? (Trying to make a budget for the rest of the year)

Thanx

ticktockmydickdoc

Why'd you get the straps with holes in them if you're using the deployant clasp?

akuwes710

Really nice watch, prof’s AR definitely an upgrade. Hows the movement holding up in 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raspymcnasty

good lord that looks so clean. Do you think it would survive some rain? I had a blue face but sold it for a 5167 PP but I kind of want one again.

Ksaeed721

wow that is crazy nice, might pick one up for a daily

Zester

This is b-e-a- utiful, wear in good health!

BadApple

"Thanatophiliac"

Gummybearz

Such crisp clean watches!

Watchgrocer

OMG. Very nice and superfine workmanship . 

steve112

The Pilot 18 looks amazing. Does it have the Miyota movement? I heard that it comes a bit loud off the factory

museguy

Dear @Phantomtech,

Beautiful work !!  Do you have photos of your entire collection ?

Love the work you did with the lume, watch bands, crystals.  

All the best

bakerjin

That's a fine looking watch!  I keep going back and forth between the Le Petit Prince and Big Pilot. 

museguy

Dear @Phantomtech 

Thank you for sharing the photos and information of your beautiful watch !  

Hope you don't mind a couple of noob questions. 

1. I believe your watch is from the MK factory. The Consensual Watch List has the IWC IW327010 MARK XVIII by V7 Factory  as a "Likely Super Rep" and I have emailed Joshua about the V7 factory and  he replies only about the MKF (I believe MK and MKF are the same).    Outside of the Consensual List I can not find any information about the V7 factory, am I missing something ? Or is MK (MKF) the best replica ? 
  2.  I like the look of the Mark XI and Pilot Spitfire, which of the Mark XI, XVIII and Pilot Spitfire is considered the best replica ?

Thank you ! 

Edited by museguy