Sign in to follow this  
frenzyrep15

Is there a Breitling Chronomat B01 with Sellita SW Movement?

frenzyrep15

I am a noob but already acquired about six replicas (three PAMs, Rol Sub, Zenith Type 20 Bronze, AP Royal Oak 15400) from 3 different TDs. I love them and I get a lot of compliments. I do have gens too (Rol Turn o graph, Tag and Breitling Navi World). My budget is a bit tight for the gen and I guess Rep appears to be more the most practical approach. Now, I want to pull the trigger on a Breitling Chronomat B01 Rep but what I see is mostly A7750 and some Japanese Chronos. I read several threads on the A7750 and learned that A7750 has improved through the years in terms of reliability (or has it really?). Just the same, I have my reservation.

Thus, I am wondering if there is a TD that sells a Breitling Chronomat B01 (would like the Roman numerals in black all SS) that has a Sellita SW500 movement. What I learned is that it is a clone of the Swiss 7750?

Any thoughts on the foregoing? I would really appreciate some comments and of course, if you share some really enlightening posts.

Thank you very much.

epalanb

If you really want a SW500 in there it seems to me that it would likely be a pretty easy swap. I don't really know so I could totally be wrong about that. Anyway, I don't think I would spend a lot of time looking for Sellita movements in reps because you probably won't find any. That movement is going to be like 5x the price of the A7750 so that is why they don't use them. Sellita used to make movements for ETA so they are actually exactly the same with just a different name on them.

As long as you are buying an A7750 with the seconds @9 you will be fine. Just wear it and be happy and if it stops working at some point just decide then what you are going to do. Fix it, replace it with another A7750 or even try and replace it with a SW500