Cameltotem

The differences between replica navitimer 01 and gen.

Cameltotem

Hey!

I've had my watch for a few days and gotten compliments everyday and some watch enthusiast have spotted my watch from distance, no one has asked if it was fake.

I wonder however how much do they differ?

SQ1UyIV.jpg

2McEgOX.jpg

The differences I can point out is that the datewheel is obviously a bit sunken and the white outer ring is not as white as the gen.

What is the differences else?

Edited by Cameltotem

boss35

It looks perfect to me. Beautiful watch. enjoy it. Im waiting my first rep too, breitling b01, counting days...

the tells don't matter - it's a cracker! Enjoy it!

watch101

It's a great looking rep! I may have to add one of those to my collection!

Ishmael

I've owned the rep, and it really is spectacular. However yesterday I was face to face with the gen, and its hard to explain but nothing compares to the real thing. If they fixed the date wheel issue on the rep, it'd be pretty darn close though.

Cameltotem

I've owned the rep, and it really is spectacular. However yesterday I was face to face with the gen, and its hard to explain but nothing compares to the real thing. If they fixed the date wheel issue on the rep, it'd be pretty darn close though.

Better details? Better colors? Been looking at pictures for long and comparing it and can only spot the datewheel issue.

Daywatch

It´s really very good looking, from the available ones it must be the best and You have a very nice, well aligned sample. Is this from Toro?

Difference to gen if side by side will be the overall crispness and sharpness of the dial and lettering, nothing specific but if holding the gen You will know it is gen. From 1 meter away - nobody can tell. You do have a fantastic Navitimer.

Ishmael

Better details? Better colors? Been looking at pictures for long and comparing it and can only spot the datewheel issue.

Crisper markings, brighter detail, etc. You can't tell from pictures, but it's obvious in person. Regardless, still a great rep.

Cameltotem

Yeah that makes sense.

However I did put it on a serious watch site. Some real old school breitling fans congratulated me on the watch etc.

No one called it fake.

Baggy

You might have just persuaded me to buy a navi. It was the first rep I was after but got a bit reluctant over the date wheel issue. I've loved these since being a little boy and my grandfather had one. Is it not as obvious in person with the black date wheel?

Seand83

Yeah that makes sense.

However I did put it on a serious watch site. Some real old school breitling fans congratulated me on the watch etc.

No one called it fake.

I don't think you are allowed to do that buddy. I wouldn't talk about that here.

plankton

Yeah that makes sense.

No one called it fake.

I don't think you are allowed to do that buddy. I wouldn't talk about that here.

That is a nice rep, when comparing a Breitling rep to gen there are such subtle differences that it is relatively clear which one is which. Nothing wrong with being proud but always try to keep in mind it is a rep after all. IMO Breitling is one of the best mid-priced gens in the luxury watch class. The detail is impressive.

Batespcm

My favourite watch been holding off for so long but this could convince me to get it finally

What TD was this from?

webbo2005

People always mention the sunken date wheel but I can tell you OP, yours is not that different to gen. It's the White date wheels on the older models that are considerably over-sunken.

FuzzyCoyote
People always mention the sunken date wheel but I can tell you OP, yours is not that different to gen. It's the White date wheels on the older models that are considerably over-sunken.
yes this.... The later models seem to have addressed the date wheel and this is a great example

wear it well

t0ny

Yeah that makes sense.

No one called it fake.

very nice watch! which TD did you purchase it from ? ive emailed acouple and they say out of stock

Ishmael
yes this.... The later models seem to have addressed the date wheel and this is a great example

wear it well

I would have to disagree. The white on black DWO on the 01 rep is certainly an improvement on previous Navis, but sticking my nose inches away from the gen the other day showed me just how different the two are. From straight on, the rep date wheel is sufficient. But the moment you change angles the sunken-ness takes effect. The difference is that the DWO on the gen is perfectly visible from all angles, whereas on the rep you begin to lose visibility when looking at the dial from various degrees of angle except for head-on. As I said, I've owned the rep, and the DWO really wasn't an issue for me, and again, it's better than previous reps. But there is definitely a difference from the gen, no question. It's an unavoidable byproduct of the 3-6-9 A7750 construction (without modding, that is). But with a 6-9-12 configuration the DWO issue is virtually eliminated (see the BP Navitimer World GMT, for example).

Cameltotem

My favourite watch been holding off for so long but this could convince me to get it finally

What TD was this from?

This was from Toro Bravo

You might have just persuaded me to buy a navi. It was the first rep I was after but got a bit reluctant over the date wheel issue. I've loved these since being a little boy and my grandfather had one. Is it not as obvious in person with the black date wheel?

You should do it, the details are absolutely amazing. The double AR is just crazy good, everyone thinks you are wearing something super expensive. It's very shiny.

Honestly the sunken datewheel is not a dealbreaker. It's like the only flaw I found on the watch, the gen probably has crisper fonts and contrasts in the colors, but that's nothing I or anyone else can see unless you compare them straight up.

agl1

I have always wanted one of these. I used to have a cheap rep but I sold it on. I might have to pick up the better rep now after seeing how good yours is!

ray0r

hi everyone,

some flaws i can tell..

-it is not a highbeat movement.

-the placement of the subdials is not correct

rep (near to the edges)

Mike on a bike

Yeah that makes sense.

No one called it fake.

Oh shit kid!

gmchris

never had this particular rep but I've noticed that on many (including my monaco and tudor cheapies) any that have white print on a dark dial, the white print is sharp enough but not quite as opaque as the gen which can make it look grey or dull from certain angles ( but will definitely look good on the dealers website!)

I would love a convincing cheapie navitimer rep but not seen one yet . . .

watch101

2d8f7370fc5fddd1e18650075a648fff.jpg

Here's a picture for comparison of one I found at Costco last year.

watch101
907e420f6ce33f70b1bfed26eafa72c8.jpg327f7cb01b0f8bcc7e5a3ec6d356b140.jpg