Sign in to follow this  
eyecomeinpeace

puretime watches international (puretime02.com)

eyecomeinpeace

hello, i am new to this forum but after researching a bit i found this is where i could possibly find some help. i was in the market for a replica watch and after browsing reddit (/RepTime) i found an extremely helpful post there. i went ahead and went with puretime02.com and found what i was looking for. after placing my order and using my credit card i then received an email stating basically the following:

Dear,

Unfortunately your credit card payment was flagged as suspicious by our credit card processor. In order to process your payment we require a scan of your ID (driver's license, passport, ID card or anything else official) and a scan of your credit card.

<p style="font-family:'lucida Grande',Verdana;line-height:normal;font-size:13px">

• For your ID, please black out or mask your picture and ID number (see attached picture as a reference).
  • For your credit card, please black out or mask the middle 8 digits (see attached picture as a reference).

Please provide us with the information above ASAP so that we may process you order ASAP. If you are unable or unwilling to give the proofs required, we will have to refund you or decline your payment to us.

i then replied to them stating that i was not aware that this would be a part of the process and was replied with:

Dear sir,

I'm trying to say is that your payment went through but we just need to confirm your identity.

We need to make sure you're the real owner of the credit card that was used on our site. Apologies for the hassle

Can you send us the information we requested or just send us your bank statement? You can black the important information and we will keep it as secret.

i was curious as to if this was normal practice with this particular vendor. any additional information would be helpful for i am a bit concerned. thank you very much for taking the time to help me through this process.

Piloten

Let me be the first snowball in the avalanche. I understand that you are very new here. We have an entire slate of trusted dealers to deal with with contact information directly from the site.

I would not, ever, send out that kind of information

-John

Nikosaldente

The site you are reffering to, isn't a TD here!

You should stick only at this TDs list:

http://www.rwg.bz/bo...hp?showtopic=60

You should try taking to a Mod over at RWI where it's a TD over there!

Definitely not share that kind of info with anyone!

Not Quite Dead

Just no, do not do this.

eyecomeinpeace

i kind of figured as much, i found conflicting reports online that this place was good and business was ran well in the past. most replies though are that of which you few have already replied with and they definitely outweigh the positive. thank you guys for taking the time, i will look further into the "TD" from this website. i may have rushed into it i guess, i really appreciate the quick replies and helpful links/direction towards going with someone more trusted.

Thelittleprince
:popcorn:

mysterio

Puretime is not a TD here. However, it is far from a scam. If you have issues transacting with the site, contact the mods at RWI/RG if you are a member of either forum..

GenTLe
Puretime is not a TD here. However, it is far from a scam. If you have issues transacting with the site, contact the mods at RWI/RG if you are a member of either forum..

^^^^this.

Angus and his team aren't scammers. But they are not TD here so better to ask where they are (rwg.cc and replica-watch.info)

trailboss99

It is not PT that need the info its the CC processor. You notice they ask you block out the numbers? All they need is ID with that name on it to prove you are you and I may add that you already sent your CC details so send a pic of the card is hardly different is it? If they were asking for an unedited photo of your licence with all the details showing that would be a different story.

Rx4Time

I have been asked to do this as a first time purchaser, not by puretime, but another dealer. This is somewhat common and not puretime's fault. They use a seperate credit card processor which wants to verify you are you. I don't see any harm as the sensitive info has been requested to be blacked out. You have already provided them the CC info, so a pic should not be harmful and the personal info was requested to be removed from the ID as you have already provided a mailing and billing address which should match your ID.

Audie Marr

I have been asked to do this as a first time purchaser, not by puretime, but another dealer. This is somewhat common and not puretime's fault. They use a seperate credit card processor which wants to verify you are you. I don't see any harm as the sensitive info has been requested to be blacked out. You have already provided them the CC info, so a pic should not be harmful and the personal info was requested to be removed from the ID as you have already provided a mailing and billing address which should match your ID.

I made a purchase from PT a few months ago and had a simliar experience and (of course) similar concerns. But I found PT very service-minded and I eventually got my watch and I am very satisfied. So if they haven't completely changed staff and approach to business you should be OK.

evilr2

I made one purchase from them on a lower priced rep and my bank contacted me to make sure I made the purchase as they stated it was to a "toy store" in China. I went ahead with the transaction and recieved my watch about a month later. I didn't have a problem getting my watch, so it worked out for me.

Member X

Pics?

Pablo252

Hi all, I am a member over on RWI and am over here while our site is down.

Pure time are my preferred TD and can assure you all they are very good in all they offer, and what the OP was asked is

Perfectly legit for a first time purchaser to protect you as well as them, as you all probably realise we are all dealing in a slightly

Shady area of business.

Regards to all.

LovesRM

It's common practice on their credit card processors. They don't just walk into a bank and open a merchant account.

Most of their accounts are offshore like St Kitts and other shadier banks. It's the bank trying to authorize the charge.

Just like when Amex calls you and asks you if you made the purchase, sometimes the bank will call the merchant account holder (TD) to verify a transaction.

Nothing unusual. You also have to remember that those banks don't 'officially' know they are processing for replicas.

So it might look even more suspicious if you really just bought 3 kitchen blenders for $2,188.94 from China.

wbodie37

I got the same thing buying a seiko from Long Island Watch in NY, not even a rep, anyway I contacted them basically saying "forget it i would never give out that much information so just cancel the order and i will take my business elsewhere"........low and behold everything was all of a sudden fine, some how my identity was miraculously golden again and the order was put through.........it was only a $110 retro auto but sometimes if you push back a little things sort them selves out.

Linegod

Since we are on the topic of puretime is this a good rep watch? Or are there better reps out there? this one is around $400.

Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic JF 1:1 Best Edition on SS Bracelet SH3135 V2

BadApple

Since we are on the topic of puretime is this a good rep watch? Or are there better reps out there? this one is around $400.

Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic JF 1:1 Best Edition on SS Bracelet SH3135 V2

TRUSTED DEALERS

14a12ebb505bdee1b9509d3988461f77.png

Linegod

I know im a total NOOB here but I really liked the PT website. I was just confused on why one submariner was $300 and another that looked exactly the same was $450. Im really thinking of buying a sub mariner from them I just want to best quality one they make and cant figure out which one it is.

Del

I know im a total NOOB here but I really liked the PT website. I was just confused on why one submariner was $300 and another that looked exactly the same was $450. Im really thinking of buying a sub mariner from them I just want to best quality one they make and cant figure out which one it is.

I answered your thread - have a look. ;)