Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

Rehault alignment on Sub-C

GenTLe

For anyone that did it, I think this is the current SUB-C construction:

116610-assembly.jpg

It seems to me that the rehault is part of the midcase, so... Is it possible to realign it or not? I can't get how you can rotate it, being part of the case itself...

Tnx, GenTLe

Genius

Unless the rep isn't actually 1:1 like gen :o

Nikosaldente

You may have a point there Genius!

Maybe with the reps, the rehault can rotate inside the case, thus making it adjustable!

Genius

I'm guessing either that or they are actually aligning the dial to the rehaut not the other way round

GC
I'm guessing either that or they are actually aligning the dial to the rehaut not the other way round

^^ this

ShovelnTC

Yep loosen the movement screws slightly then move entire movement to align the rehaut coronet with the dial12 o'clock marker.

Movement is limited by the stem so you only have a mm either way.

BUT you may open up a can of worms as then the LEC and cyclops may be slightly out so then the crystal also needs a slight rotation.

Mine is ever so slightly out and it's going to stay that way :giggle:

GenTLe

Thanks guys, it was a preventive question as I heard here posts speaking of "rehault alignment" and was curious because soon I will put new crystal gaskets in a couple of my pieces. So while I was at that...

But 1) I still have to check if they really need it and 2) then I will have to realign also the bezel insert (which is impossible being it now glued with epoxy...) and 3) I don't like the idea to have a stem which works under a tension due to not correctly placed movement...

Still I will check if, by any chance, the rehault is removable on my 3 Noob (V3, v5 and gmt2) :)

Thanks all!

Genius

Definitely let us know what you find!

dilip

In theory this could be done with gens as well, right? None of my crowns have ever been aligned to 12 on my gens..