Sign in to follow this  
jakethemouse

Day Date Function A2836

jakethemouse

Happy New Year All,

I hope this is easily fix that I can do on my own. My Tudor A2836 Day Date is still working however the Day and Date functions appears to have stopped.

I can still set the time and it still works however the date does not switch over at midnight anymore and my date no longer changes when I pull the crown to date change position :(

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Thanks,

Peter

GenTLe

It is an a2834, not an a2836. The 2836 is the one with both day and date at 3.

Anyway they are pretty similar.

It is strange that both the automatic change of day+date @midnight AND the manual/quick set change from the crown don't work both. They are completely different mechanisms.

To look for the problem you must be familiar with movement de-casing, hands and dial removal and refit, because all these 2 dd change mechanisms are just below the dial.

Once you have the naked movement you will need then to take away a small retention ring that keep in place the big day disk, and after having lifted that disk you may probably need to remove the date keeper plate and lift also the date wheel to check what the problem is.

Are you feeling confident enough?...

0955bk_gr.jpg

ShovelnTC

It is an a2834, not an a2836. The 2836 is the one with both day and date at 3.

Anyway they are pretty similar.

It is strange that both the automatic change of day+date @midnight AND the manual/quick set change from the crown don't work both. They are completely different mechanisms.

To look for the problem you must be familiar with movement de-casing, hands and dial removal and refit, because all these 2 dd change mechanisms are just below the dial.

Once you have the naked movement you will need then to take away a small retention ring that keep in place the big day disk, and after having lifted that disk you may probably need to remove the date keeper plate and lift also the date wheel to check what the problem is.

Are you feeling confident enough?...

0955bk_gr.jpg

:unsure:

TRANSPORTER

It can be a tough job sometimes mate, ive done a few in the past, slipping the retention clip off the day wheel can see that flying off, also it is easy to mishape it when taking it off so it won't havethe ccorrect fit.

you will also need to look at the Keyless works as well to see if anything is wrong with that, after that it's a simple case of following the mechanical works in a logical and correct order to see what component is affecting the mechanism, I will say that it will help to have an idea of what each component does in the chain of events and how that chain of events happens so that you will have an easier time finding the problem, good luck and just ask if you need any assistance ok

jakethemouse

I'm going to man up and give this ago. Hopefully this doesn't end in disaster.

My second issue - my bloody gen crown on my Explorer I fell off dammit. The watch is still ticking does that mean the stem is still in there and the crown head part just fell off?

Two watches semi-out of action and it just so happens to be my two favourite watches :(

NCRich

The year is starting poorly for you. :lol:

Probably just unscrewed it. Happens if you haven't locktited it and you set it going anticlockwise.