Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Tissot PRC200 - anyone has it?

Crusader

I was just looking through some watch sites and I found nice looking Tissot. Original costs around 300 € and more so it's not really that much. Still above my average budget I'm willing to spend on a watch.

This is the watch I'm talking about:

tissotprc200.jpg

Anyone owns it, any suggestions?

Thanks

AustinTech

I like the yellow hands. Not a bad looking watch at all, for a Tissot.

You just gotta decide if you want to save for it or not.

greg_r

Not really worth looking for reps of watches in this price range. There's two kinds of reps you'll find:

1. Cheap, tacky, nasty canal street shit.

2. Better quality stuff with working chronos that you buy on eBay for close to gen prices thinking it's a gen :P

If you really like it, buy the gen from a reputable seller - it's really not worth cutting corners at this level.

Tissot are a good Swiss manufacturer btw - nice quality stuff at mid-range prices. You could do a lot worse for the dough...

SeanusMaximus

I recently sold my gen of this but I had the more expensive ETA auto version with black/steel hands and dials etc, heres a picture:

673ca7af.jpg

37d660fc.jpg

It was amazing quality, very reliable, and Tissot customer service is very good. The auto was taller than the Quartz as well so it should wear quite nicely.

Sean

Crusader

@Austin, it really is nice looking watch, yellow hands looks great.

@Sean, this one looks great, with silver hands looks more elegant and classy, a bit diffrent style.

@Greg, thanks for the pointers, appriciate that. I just went today to a local Tissot dealer here and he didn't had PRC200 in stock, he will get new shippment in September and will cost 320 €, maybe 280 €.

I have owned a Tissot watch 9 or 10 years ago, I can't remember which model it was. It was around 150 €, simple white face and SS bracelet, around 39 mm.

I gave it as a gift, I just kept the box. Watch was really nice, that's why I'm thinking about another Tissot after 10 years.

tissot.jpg

tissot1.jpg

greg_r

Sounds about right. Jura are currently listing it at £270 (which usually means you can pick 'em up a bit cheaper elsewhere). Amazon are often a good source for this kind of thing - they occasionally have some good offers.

Crusader

Yes, I'll defenetly look around for the best offer, Amazond sounds good, I have some good experiences with it. :)

2point

I've tried the gen of this on. Looks great in the window but on the wrist it looks too small and is a bit slab sided - it sits very high.

Could do with being about 5mm wider.

powderfreak

I think you can find some reps of those for fair prices, maybe check out ioffer or something like that...

greg_r
I think you can find some reps of those for fair prices, maybe check out ioffer or something like that...

:thumbsup2:

Sure, if you want to get ripped off. How long have you been here? Did you even see my earlier post? :)

powderfreak

:popcorn:

Sure, if you want to get ripped off. How long have you been here? Did you even see my earlier post? :thumbsup2:

To make you happy: Ask Mary :)

Of course most of the time it is cheap stuff, but what do you loose spending maybe 30 or 40 bucks on a really cheap quartz rep? Other than that: You admit that there are probably some better quality reps, why shouldn't one or two dealer get hold of it and provide it for a reasonable price?

greg_r

:facepalm:

Sure, if you want to get ripped off. How long have you been here? Did you even see my earlier post? :frusty:

To make you happy: Ask Mary :P

Of course most of the time it is cheap stuff, but what do you loose spending maybe 30 or 40 bucks on a really cheap quartz rep? Other than that: You admit that there are probably some better quality reps, why shouldn't one or two dealer get hold of it and provide it for a reasonable price?

D'oh. :dingleberry-nemesis:

As I said before. What you'll get is either cheap canal street shit with non-functioning chronos and a potmetal case (or, more likely if you buy from iOffer, nothing at all but the loss of your $40), or you'll get offered a better quality rep, but they'll be trying to sell it as gen.

I sometimes wonder why we bother - it's really not sinking in, is it? :picard2:

powderfreak

:facepalm:

Sure, if you want to get ripped off. How long have you been here? Did you even see my earlier post? :facepalm:

To make you happy: Ask Mary :P

D'oh. :dingleberry-nemesis:

As I said before. What you'll get is either cheap canal street shit with non-functioning chronos and a potmetal case (or, more likely if you buy from iOffer, nothing at all but the loss of your $40), or you'll get offered a better quality rep, but they'll be trying to sell it as gen.

I sometimes wonder why we bother - it's really not sinking in, is it? :picard2:

Okay, enlighten me, now that I have seen all the cute facepalm pictures available on the board:

Why is it that when it comes to "cool" reps like 'lex, Omega and others, we have both the cheap stuff and the expensive ones and both can be sourced through our dealers. Why is it that they get sold as gen from time to time, too but we do not pay thousands of dollars on ebay for 'em? And lastly, why should a cheap rep of that watch be non-functional? I have seen really cheap junk, but until now I have never seen any quartz chrono that was replicated with an absolutely non-functional quartz movement...

And just by the way: Yes, master, I stick to the holy&trusted dealers, but no, ioffer is not only crime, betrayal and hell, you can ask Flo, Andy, Alex and me, we all bought stuff from there (we knew it was cheap and it serves it's purpose).

BTW: I don't want to prove you wrong, basicly your statement was true, but I didn't say something wrong, neither (it's just that you need to be willing to understand me :frusty:).

greg_r

Wind your neck in, powder, or I'm going to chop it off.

1: I have also bought from iOffer - in fact I'll lay long odds that I've done more trades on iOffer than you have, but MOST of the watchdealers on there nowadays are scammers. Fact.

2. I have seen budget reps of low end Tissot (amongst other things). That's the way they go. You'd be surprised at the watches that are repped - including lots of low-end stuff like Armani, Casio, you name it, but the fact remains that most of these are being sold as gen (they're all over ebay) so there's no saving to be made there - just an inferior watch for too much money. The rest of that kinda stuff is aimed at the street markets - and yeah, they're cheap and mostly crap. You think you're going to get a half-decent movement in a $30 rep? Dream on! Have you actually seen some of the junk that is out there? I have.

The advice you are giving is phenomenally unwise, so yes I'm going to pull you up short every time you spout that crap - you'll be sending folks to DHgate next. We're here to try and help people AVOID buying crap and getting ripped off... Like I said, I wonder why the fuck we bother sometimes...

specialkindofstupid_dog.jpg

powderfreak

1299944.jpg

Please, please don't chop my head off, that is the only place where I like it hairy....

greg_r
:dingleberry-nemesis:

timeisprecious

I bought one of these in an auction on ebay (paid $150.00)before I joined this site who guaranteed it was genuine and when I got it initially the quality seemed outstanding for a newbie like me except for two things. The lume was not high and not normally as good as other genuine Tissot's I own and the chronograph spindles were chrome rather than black as the Tissot website but it kept very accurate time. Their are many Tissot watches with PRC 200 on the but I believe the watch you are looking at is actually a T-Sport T17.1.526.52 e. Anyway I think Tissot watches are very under valued timepieces and I wish you luck with finding a good one. They are out there but if you want a rep ask our trusted dealers to get you one. If not they are retailing here for around $350.00. Cheaper than a rolex:)

timeisprecious

Gee just really how old this post was sorry. Newbie not thinking again

Crespo

I know this is an old thread but I am going to chime in anyway. I own the watch in question and it's a good watch to be honest. It doesn't wear small on the wrist at all. I have a 7 inch wrist and it looks great on me and looks as big as my 42mm Steinhart OVM.

But at this price range I would get a Victorinox Chrono Classic as it is a better watch imo and can be purchased cheaper.

Crespo

Oh this watch has been repped as well but why anyone would buy a rep in this price range is beyond me. It's hardly an expensive watch in the first place

kpac

They're as good as you'll find for a swiss manufacture sub $500. Punch well above their weight. Priced inline with Seiko, and i'd take the Tissot everyday. Quality mass made watch, with great company history.

nyckid

Here is my Gen Tissot PRC200

null_zps1c23f99a.jpg

kpac

Pure