Sign in to follow this  
RepGuy

Noob V7 Black Sub

RepGuy

So my second order from Robbie at Aootime just arrived, and I've had a chance to snap a few photos. It's fitted with an SA3135 movement as well. I am by no means a good photographer, and just used my phone to snap some pictures. I have to say that the build quality feels solid, much more so than other replicas I have had, and everything (in my opinion) looks perfect. I couldn't be happier with the quality replica Robbie sent me! He even included a generic rubber strap with the package :lol:

0908162216a_zpsaejq55ix.jpg

0908162219a_zpsemfhkhxi.jpg

0908162218_zpswayqkb9z.jpg

0908162219b_zpsb4p6vqsd.jpg

0908162221_zpslmnhjw9r.jpg

0908162222_zps7gcb0ql6.jpg

ColdFusi0n

Lovely watch bro!

ShovelnTC

Can't beat a black Sub, I'm wearing mine right now.

Enjoy that beauty.

RepGuy

Thanks! I just realized when looking at my original post that I should have wiped it down before taking those pictures. I got a little carried away when it came in, and between removing links and giving it a good look over, I guess I left some prints :frusty:

ColdFusi0n

Just curious, how come some v7 i saw have finer / thinner printing on the dial with much more spacing between the 1000ft = 300m

RepGuy

Just curious, how come some v7 i saw have finer / thinner printing on the dial with much more spacing between the 1000ft = 300m

I'm not sure the answer to that question. My guess would be a difference in suppliers of the dials. One factory isn't necessarily able to produce all components of a watch, so they may purchase parts from other factories which could explain the difference in dials.

ColdFusi0n

I did some research for the sub c online. They say older dials have slightly bigger text and no spaces on the 1000ft = 300m. Someone talked about this on the rolex forum too.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Daywatch

The rehaut engraving looks good:) You did a fine comparison how the watch feels in general. Is there a way to describe how the SA3135 performs/feels compared to the asian ETA? (louder, smoother, more silent....) Have read that they have improved them by now (stem and power reserve) Or is it just about the same with just the hands moving in the other direction? Congrats on the new V7!

RepGuy

The rehaut engraving looks good:) You did a fine comparison how the watch feels in general. Is there a way to describe how the SA3135 performs/feels compared to the asian ETA? (louder, smoother, more silent....) Have read that they have improved them by now (stem and power reserve) Or is it just about the same with just the hands moving in the other direction? Congrats on the new V7!

Thank you! In comparison to an asian ETA, the 3135 seems to be much more fluid with things like manually winding and changing the time/date. It is smooth to wind the watch, and I feel it is winding better than other movements I have had. When it comes to noise levels, they are non existent with this watch. I actually had to go into a quiet room of my house and hold the watch up to my ear to hear the faint sound of it auto winding, so I would say it is a huge difference/improvement compared to other movements I have had. So far, I really like the 3135 movement.

p-ro

SEL is a bit off compared to V6, but for the most part the watch looks stunning. Perhaps just a batch issue?

Liam321

New to this replica watch world so people might have to bare with me. I sent my money off to a td for an advertised a2836. But had a reply saying that the factory dont have the a2836 but only have the a3135 (not sa3135). What is the difference in looks externally and reliability internally. Thanks

RepGuy

New to this replica watch world so people might have to bare with me. I sent my money off to a td for an advertised a2836. But had a reply saying that the factory dont have the a2836 but only have the a3135 (not sa3135). What is the difference in looks externally and reliability internally. Thanks

Honestly I have no idea about an A3135 movement. This watch has the SA3135, which is decorated to look like a gen rolex movement, and I have had no issues with it. Spamming the board with the same question in different threads won't get you an answer, doing some research on your own will.

Liam321

Take a minute and calm down! I'm not trying to spam up any boards I've done hours of research but can find a lot of info on the a3135 movement only the sa3135 and a2836 hence me asking on these forums. To find this thread in the first place shows my willingness to research on my own.

cant*

Cleebeauregard
:popcorn: Off to a bit of a rocky start this one...

RepGuy

Take a minute and calm down! I'm not trying to spam up any boards I've done hours of research but can find a lot of info on the a3135 movement only the sa3135 and a2836 hence me asking on these forums. To find this thread in the first place shows my willingness to research on my own.

cant*

Hours of research, huh? I spent about 4 minutes to find the answer to this. The SA3135 is from a company called Yuki and, although it has had some issues in the past, has come a long way in terms of reliability. The A3135 is an Asian clone variant, and also has had a rocky past, although I have found no information on if it has improved. When a TD says the watch comes with a 3135 movement, I don't believe there is any good way to know which you'll get, ad the TD's don't check the watch movements.

I call bullshit on your "hours of research" claim.

:popcorn: Off to a bit of a rocky start this one...

You would be fair to assume that by the almost identical posts to different areas of the board :lol:

Liam321

I'm not here for an argument and I think I might of commented on a different thread of yours which you said you had the same problem as me I think. I'm obviously new and can't find everything as quick as you so take a break. I just simply wanted some info for the first rep watch I've ever bought. Cheers

RepGuy

I'm not here for an argument and I think I might of commented on a different thread of yours which you said you had the same problem as me I think. I'm obviously new and can't find everything as quick as you so take a break. I just simply wanted some info for the first rep watch I've ever bought. Cheers

I put a nicer reply to the other thread you posted in, which did happen to be mine. It's nothing personal, but a little additional research will go a long way. At the end of the day, we are still buying an illegal item, with no warranties or even guarantee that the item will arrive working, so personal research is super important BEFORE buying one so you know what you're getting into. Even learning a little bit about watch repair will help you avoid issues and maintain your watch down the road.

anfalas

Lovely sub mate, enjoy :)

Being a rather puny wristed guy I find them pretty much bang on.............great collection you're putting together.

porschespeedster

nice sub for sure!

Liam321

Cheers I understand. Any research I have found basically says the a3135 isn't great for reliability compared to the a2836 but the fact yours is still going is a positive for me as I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just accept the a3135 as the td said the factory hasn't got any a2836 movements available even though I would of preferred it and I really want this model! Cheers

maybeamac

Cheers I understand. Any research I have found basically says the a3135 isn't great for reliability compared to the a2836 but the fact yours is still going is a positive for me as I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just accept the a3135 as the td said the factory hasn't got any a2836 movements available even though I would of preferred it and I really want this model! Cheers

@RepGuy, apologise in advance as this post is going to further derail your thread but I thought I'd answer Liams question as there's a bit of confusion here.

A3135 is a A2836 with a decorated movement to "try and look" more like the Rolex 3135: bezrlx2016081201-24_1.jpg

vs. standard 2836

rlx2016081601-21_1.jpg

Reliability wise, they would be quite similar, IMO. I think the A3135 has some components which are weaker than the base A2836 - which is why I'd go with a A2835 for a closed case-back.

This is an SA3135: bezrlx2016071902-24.jpg

Which has had a rocky history about being unreliable with its stem, etc. The thing with this movement if it breaks then you can't get any replacement parts for it. The SA3135 which comes with most Reps are not made by Yuki but by an unknown manufacturer (as is the case with the Sub V7).

If the SA3135 breaks, then you can replace it with a YUKI 3135 (which is a different movement to the SA3135):

Gim8T6l.jpg

Here we have 1. The Original Rolex 3135, 2. The Yuki 3135 and 3. The SA3135

YUKI isn't known to be overly reliable if you use it out of the box but if you give them a good service/clean before installing them you should be good to go.

Confusing, I know. And again, sorry to derail your thread even more @RepGuy.

Edited by maybeamac

Silverado6x6

How about the Miyota 9015? I just bought a 116613 Sub from Trusty that uses it. From what little i have lurked and learned its kinda new but more reliable, am i wrong?

GenTLe

Miyota 9015 isn't new, and yes, it is reliable indeed.

But it has been used in the BP subs which are good but not in pair with the noob ones.

El_Fin

Yuki 3135 is not sa3135

Danny sargent
Thanks! I just realized when looking at my original post that I should have wiped it down before taking those pictures. I got a little carried away when it came in, and between removing links and giving it a good look over, I guess I left some prints :frusty: