Sign in to follow this  
lexidium

Omega Moonwatch

lexidium

Just in from Toro: The quartz moonwatch.

For a cheapo quartz, I am pleased with it. It certainly looks better than I expected.

The bracelet feels and looks cheap but I knew that before I sent for it because others had already indicated that, so I put it straight onto

a leather strap and that's fine. I may go for a rubber strap in a colour later just to see what that's like.

Overall, I have to say, I like it and being quartz, it keeps supreme time.

I'm going to be wearing it a lot.

o2.jpgo3.jpgo1.jpg

o4.jpg

2hot2trot

Great catch.

I think personally it should go straight onto rubber and use it as a beater.

Congrats!

lexidium

Not quite made up my mind what colour rubber yet. I'm usually fairly dour with strap colours but might try something brightly coloured for an adventurous change.

2hot2trot

Be brave and go for orange?

Go on. Dare you! :giggle:

All jokes aside I think it would look the mutts nuts........ :dog:

Daywatch

Congrats on the Omega. If there´s one thing they know how to do solid, over there in China, it´s the quartz-tickers. As these have no date, can´t remember when I last set mine. One Year ago? 2 years ago?

Have fun

DSC_0344_zpsrkkxos8k.jpg

IMG_4147_zpsw7tociyn.jpg

zazoo

Beautyful watch, to bad they dont make a good speedmaster with an automatic.

Hunklee

Hi is this speemaster a good replica of the moonwatch?

lexidium

Not really. The differences are very obvious if you get a pic of the gen and the replica side by side but surprisingly, the cheaper quartz is probably a bit better than the one with the wind up movement.

JSJ
Not really. The differences are very obvious if you get a pic of the gen and the replica side by side but surprisingly, the cheaper quartz is probably a bit better than the one with the wind up movement.

Depends, as always, on your definition of 'better'. Ticking second hand is a killer for me.

lexidium

Depends, as always, on your definition of 'better'. Ticking second hand is a killer for me.

I mean the overall look of it.

I know what you mean about the ticking but when it's on the wrist, nobody really sees any of it anyway.

JSJ

I mean the overall look of it.

I know what you mean about the ticking but when it's on the wrist, nobody really sees any of it anyway.

For me, the overall look is much better with a plexi crystal rather than the rep glass ones.

As you are happy with quartz, I respect that. It will save you a lot of money :giggle:.

jakethemouse

The dial spacing is better on this model. But with a plexi it looks so much better and yeah I wouldn't be able to handle the ticking either.

Dam I miss my moonie with gen plexi kinda regret selling that thing.

k3rm87

Love it mate! great watch for little dough.

WatchGalore

Looks like a great watch.

The rubber strap on that would look fantastic.

Enjoy wearing it

gmchris

I have this quartz moonie and love it, the ticking seconds @6 is the only bug- as it is on my mk2 and Apollo 13 editions. BUT, how about removing the second hand, enlarging the hole so it's loose on the pinion, then refitting it glued at 12 (so the pinion just ticks unnoticed) anybody tried this? I'm tempted....

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

Edited by gmchris

splke

is the gen secs@9 ?

splke

got it secs @ 9 on pro secs @ 3 on reduced

secs @ 6 on quartz

you can see why I was confused now :)

gmchris
is the gen secs@9 ?

Yes. But on these quartz it's chrono mins @9, running seconds @6, 24hrs @3. So the subdial increments are often printed as the gen but you can soon work it out.

aliveandwell

Looks good but I have a problem with speedys... Subdials are never close enough... Looks like they were...separate

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

JSJ
Looks good but I have a problem with speedys... Subdials are never close enough... Looks like they were...separate

Don't understand. Close enough to what? Separate from what? Do you mean the gen or reps?

aliveandwell

Don't understand. Close enough to what? Separate from what? Do you mean the gen or reps?

In the gen... Subdials appear closer between them like if they were touching the centre of the watch

JSJ

In the gen... Subdials appear closer between them like if they were touching the centre of the watch

Oh OK, just a personal thing about the look. I get it now :)

aliveandwell

Oh OK, just a personal thing about the look. I get it now :)

Yeah but Its kinda obvious... Just compare gen vs rep