Sign in to follow this  
David(bcn)

OMG PO - Co-Axial 9900 movement (URGENT: TD order in QC review)

David(bcn)

Hi All,

Just placed my order of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Master Chronometer Chronograph with a TD.

As far as I know this model comes with the 9900 movement, a Master Chronometer certified by METAS, and the engravings on the back are (as shown in pic 2) "OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 9900".

On the QC pictures received from the TD the engravings are "OMEGA CO-AXIAL 9900" (without the "MASTER" word). TD justification is this is the new model/movement with the new proper engravings.

Please, need some guidance on this to know how to proceed with my order with the TD.

Thanks in advance.

David

602x442_1458895790.jpgOmega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-Master-Chronometer-Chronograph-watch-orange-10.jpg

Wriggles

I don't know anything about these but I expect this is a common flaw on these reps, reps aren't perfect you know. Did you ask the TD about it?

Also, this is only seen through the case back so does it really matter? It's not like the movement will pass as gen anyway. It's not a gen

David(bcn)

Hi Bored,

Thanks for quick response.

I know this is a rep, so some tiny differences should be expected, but I guess I difference on the engravings is not a tiny difference.

In addition, the engravings on the TD website are different than the engravings received in the QC pics.

If the engravings on the TD website are like the gen, I assume the ordered one should be as the one announced on the website.

David

Edited by David(bcn)

RUSH2112

Who is ever going to see the engravings on the back of the watch and know what it's supposed to look like?

David(bcn)

It is supposed to be "OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 9900". These are the engravings from the gen, and the engravings from the pics on the TD website.

Then engravings in my rep are ""OMEGA CO-AXIAL 9900" - I am not allowed to post the QC pics here -

Mr Stubbs

I've looked at Omega's site and one TD's site. Both sites show the word 'Master' in their photos.

To me it's not a deal breaker that the engraving is different because you would be the only one who knows the difference. Most likely the rep maker ran out of the 'Master' engraved movements and went with what they had.

If it is a deal breaker for you, then politely ask the TD to source one that has the matching engraving. If they had photos of one on their site, the watches should be out there.

Daywatch

The first 3 days You will look at the back of the watch, than never again. If You show it to somebody , nobody will know if something is missing or not. The only thing that is a real flaw are obvious spelling mistakes (not present here). Just go ahead, You´ll enjoy the watch.

NCRich

Well, you either accept it or not.

Mr Stubbs

The first 3 days You will look at the back of the watch, than never again. If You show it to somebody , nobody will know if something is missing or not. The only thing that is a real flaw are obvious spelling mistakes (not present here). Just go ahead, You´ll enjoy the watch.

One of my favorite reps is engraved 'Column Wheer' quite distinctly. I don't take it off, hand it to people I meet and ask them to admire the engraving.

But that's just me.

Go for it. This is a beautiful watch.

Wriggles

Ok, if it was me I'd do as Mr.Baldwin said. If you are that worried about it being different then you can reject but if it was me I'd just take it

David(bcn)

Thanks everyone.

After some research seems I have a clear view of this.

OMG-PO-600 came with 9300 caliper until 2014 - Rotor movement engravings were "OMEGA CO-AXIAL 9300" and front CO-AXIAL (line 1) CHRONOMETER (line 2).

Since 2014 Omega got the METAS chronometer certification, and he 9300 became 9900 and rotor engravings "OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 9900" and front CO-AXIAL (line 1) MASTER CHRONOMETER (line 2).

Summarizing, if I am not wrong, 9900 movement is a "master" movement, and engravings (front and back/rotor) should be properly aligned with this.

Now, I need to take a decision/agreement with the TD.

Best,

David

GenTLe

OMG-PO-600 came with 9300 caliper until 2014 - Rotor movement engravings were "OMEGA CO-AXIAL 9300" and front CO-AXIAL (line 1) CHRONOMETER (line 2).

Since 2014 Omega got the METAS chronometer certification, and he 9300 became 9900 and rotor engravings "OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 9900" and front CO-AXIAL (line 1) MASTER CHRONOMETER (line 2).

Yeah, the factory assembled it with the old rotor. They should have the new one.

Mr_B

Does it really matter? Unless your trying to pass it off as a Gen?

Jimuc

I agree with the other guys regards the marking on the rota, it's a novelty for the first few wears then you will not look at it again...

It's not a deal buster for me...

Let us know how you got on.

David(bcn)

For me matters. The PO 45.5 Chronometer rep has a limitation with the A7750 movement, the min subdial of the chronometer is not working. This is announced on the web and i accept this limitation.

Having said that, if the TD is announcing the engravings in the rotor like the gen, I should received the same. If they are running out of stock, or is there any other engravings (or other difference) between the gen and the rep, I guess it'd be fair they announce this in advance, not when I received the QC pics. May be right for a low-quality rep less than 100$ but I guess not acceptable for a 400$+ rep.

Edited by David(bcn)

RUSH2112

Going on 7 years here and still much to learn... Btw, when you past a thread like this you're inviting all comments, even those you may not agree with.

the_frenchman
For me matters. The PO 45.5 Chronometer rep has a limitation with the A7750 movement, the min subdial of the chronometer is not working. This is announced on the web and i accept this limitation.

Having said that, if the TD is announcing the engravings in the rotor like the gen, I should received the same. If they are running out of stock, or is there any other engravings (or other difference) between the gen and the rep, I guess it'd be fair they announce this in advance, not when I received the QC pics. May be right for a low-quality rep less than 100$ but I guess not acceptable for a 400$+ rep.

Of course you should receive what you ordered. Having said that, have you received something wrong yet? No. This is why you receive QC pics , to accept or to refuse it. If it matters so much for you , just refuse QC's after doing all your research around google. No need to panic for this to be honest....

David(bcn)

Thanks @the_frenchman.

Not in panic...just using this post to be sure how the engravings on the rotor should look like.

To justify the difference between the TD website pics and the QC pics, the TD mentioned provided model has "better and sharper engraving". As I am not expert, using this post to check if more experience people in this forum than myself, to be aware of if gen Omega changed the engravings or not. For me "better" is "closer to the gen".

Wriggles

Better is different to many people. For you it is closer to gen, to others more reliable, too others cheaper. Purely objective, you shouldn't make a decision on a purchase based on better unless you're absolutely certain that 'better' matches your 'better'

David(bcn)

Hi @Bored,

Fully agree with you when comparing overall but, once in QC review (assuming the watch is the same from 'inside' - same A7750 movement - ) 'better' is related with the external look & feel, in this specific case better = same engravings than gen.

David(bcn)

Going on 7 years here and still much to learn... Btw, when you past a thread like this you're inviting all comments, even those you may not agree with.

You continue learning on a day to day basis, this is why a forum portal like RWG is really useful.

I am 'open' to any comment; despite I have my own opinion, the POV from others will guide me on how to proceed.

The goal of this thread is not if I need to accept the rep with the engravings different than the ones announced on the TD dealer. I opened the thread to know what are the engravings from the gen and if people is aware of any change in the last weeks/mo.

Thanks ;)

BadPickle

You continue learning on a day to day basis, this is why a forum portal like RWG is really useful.

I am 'open' to any comment; despite I have my own opinion, the POV from others will guide me on how to proceed.

The goal of this thread is not if I need to accept the rep with the engravings different than the ones announced on the TD dealer. I opened the thread to know what are the engravings from the gen and if people is aware of any change in the last weeks/mo.

Thanks ;)

Maybe you are missing the point with reps, they're not 1:1 with the gen, some are way off, some are fairly close but still off. If you can't get on with an engraving on the backside of the movement, which isn't visible when you're wearing it, then buy the gen.

GenTLe

I guess now it's good time for a tractor:

Omeg@007

Dont accept any Replica with no ( master ) on it both on back and on the dial it self. best TD have these replica exactly cloned from Gen.

you need to search more

JackClark22

hi, did you end up ordering this watch? it is the exact one i am looking for with the black and orange strap. Would love to hear your experience. Thanks!