Sign in to follow this  
OmegaOverlord

The Cartier Ballon Bleu

OmegaOverlord

So this post has really taken me a while to come up with, I actually acquired this watch through a M2M september last year but have only really started wearing it as of late. The transaction with ReplicaStuff a member on this brilliant forum was smooth and efficient and the watch was on my wrist within a few days.

Now to the watch, it is a Cartier Ballon bleu quartz 45 ish case diameter bit hard to tell as it is a bobble glass, on a metal bracelet with working chronograph yet no totaliser so the second hand runs independently, the dial to the left shows the 24 hr time (only hrs) and the bottom shows seconds both work smoothly. I bought this as a dress watch therefore i didn't mind it being a quatz.

The watch does look really great and at first glass only has a few flaws one of the major being the lack of automatic written across the lower seconds dial and the crown isn't the most solid one feeling a little flimsy though being a quartz it keeps great time (naturally). One surprising high quality aspect on the dial is the way in which cartier is written in the lower left part of the watch at 7 which is more or less on par with the original.

The case back has a decent quality aspect to it.

The bracelet feels relatively decent though given the size and the fact it was never originally purchased through a TD I'm finding it difficult to find a new leather strap which would make it look great.

Overall its a great looking rep and for the price of £85 it was a brilliant purchase as it looks stellar with a suit and tie though it is a little large.

12395146893_2af06f02ab_b.jpg

12395451534_951f7c1338_b.jpg

12395140323_e693f4f08a_b.jpg

12395139313_3cc50deef4_b.jpg

12395449644_9998ebb431_b.jpg

Edited by OmegaOverlord

dv8

Lovely watch.

the date on the left looks odd though

OmegaOverlord

Lovely watch.

the date on the left looks odd though

it is a little to the right for some reason

masteron10

That looks pretty nice.. I have the same lv wallet.. I hate fat wallets

Stuvetjee

Nice watch! Enjoy it!

BentleySharp

Oh hell no!

I wanna see none of this "nice watch" ; "Ooo, I like your watch" ; "Lovely watch" type of posts. I fully expect everyone to give the OP just as much hell as I got when I posted about my Ballon Bleu. My Ballon Bleu damn near started a civil war. Come on people. Where's the hate?

:P

But really, I recently purchased a gold Ballon Bleu on croc leather strap. Strap was garbage, and I'm currently in contact with a couple of strap makers about getting a gen honey colored hornback strap for it. If the AP 15400 is a handsome watch, the Ballon Bleu is beautiful. Elegant and sophisticated. It's curves are sexy, like the curves of a woman's figure. It is a sensual watch, and not well worn by just anyone. It's well suited to a well dressed man who has a passion for living and a lust for life.

nsutanto

Nice watch.. I'm looking for the 36 mm version for my wife.. :)

Conex

A unique watch. Wear it well my friend.

glitch

Fantasy model?

Kopcap

Fantasy model?

that's not a fantasy model

(see GEN here : http://assets.cartier.com/sites/assets/files/styles/cartier-1000-1000/public/catms/images/W6920002_1_cartier_watches.png?itok=23SDxS5g

or Cartier website : http://www.cartier.co.uk/collections/timepieces/mens-watches/ballon-bleu-de-cartier/w6920002-ballon-bleu-de-cartier-chronograph-watch-extra-large-model )

i own this watch since march and I can say it's a beauty, and really good looking when you are dressed-up

Cartier_BallonBleu_Closer2_zpsa0cc84e5.jpg

(thanks to OmegaOverlord !)