Turbo

TAG Calibre 12 Monaco "steve mcqueen" blue version

Turbo

I'm looking for the blue version of the Monaco. Here's a pic of the GEN:

tag-heuer-monaco-calibre-12-caw-2111-fc6183.jpg

Quartz would be fine (even though I know the GEN is automatic) but I would like one that's reasonably accurate visually.

I saw what looked like a nice quartz version offered by a dealer here, but the date window was located a lot higher than on the GEN and there were no manufacturing markings so it's a dead giveaway. The needles in the sub-dials also looked significantly different than the gens :rofl:

Any tips or advice on where to source one?

Edited by Turbo

Del

I really don't know, other than to check all of Robert's lilstings and perhaps send the pic to Mary or MR to see if they can source it.

Good luck! :popcorn:

Monsieur_B
I really don't know, other than to check all of Robert's lilstings and perhaps send the pic to Mary or MR to see if they can source it.

Good luck! :popcorn:

+1 Mary is awesome. She can dig out some jewels you don't usually finds elsewhere.

Amit

Robert has really nice quartz versions.

They are in his listings

I just read your bit about datewheel and sub dial needles.

Mate for around $150 you expect it to be an exact replica of original.

tissotman

prestige watch on here good for the money, but straps are not very good , still put a blue calf leather one on now and it looks and feels much better.

Turbo
Mate for around $150 you expect it to be an exact replica of original.

No - and I didn't say that was all I would spend. I'm just wondering if there is a more visually accurate rep out there.

subiim

It's a nice watch. I have been looking for a good copy for three months and have not found one. Let me know if you find one please mate.

houndoggie

Roberts tag Monaco quartz in blue. A ver nicely made watch... It's the best of these Monaco reps..best crystal for sure

DSC04819.jpg

DSC04820.jpg

Turbo

Hmmm.

I've never seen anyone whose biceps extend all the way right up to their watch :D

Certainly a nice looking watch.

I guess I was hoping for the quality of this watch, with a correct date wheel location and the "swiss made" marking. To someone who is not in the industry, these seem like very small changes to implement. But perhaps I am wrong.

Edited by Turbo

neilk1964

HoundDoggie: Could you give me a link to Roberts store, or tell me how to get there? Sorry, I'm new here. Very interested in that watch.

onionbag

HoundDoggie: Could you give me a link to Roberts store, or tell me how to get there? Sorry, I'm new here. Very interested in that watch.

Robert unfortunately has passed away, try any of our Trusted Dealers (apart from watchinternational, who are otherwise engaged at the moment) to source the best version.

Good luck.

Deziath

(Bump) I'm looking for the exact same watch. Been doing some research and it seems like there's still no rep with a correct placement of the datewheel from the TD's - Or did I happen overlook something? (Perhaps something has improved since 2011...)

subiim

Both the dials are all fucked up too (quartz). Pity.

Deziath

Yeah, the dials are really bad as far as the pictures tell in here. What a shame, the gen is a beautiful piece with a real "vintage, clean look" bout it - one of few square wristwatches that I'm fond of.

Edited by Deziath

Steve AKA Creamedcage

If my memory serves me correctly, a member bought one of these reps recently. Someone even posted a picture up showing SM wearing the watch.

NB Health warning, I have a very bad memory.

rontej0226

I would love this watch...I'm so surprised there isn't an awesome rep of this Monaco yet.

RussP

There are plenty, but the sub dials are wrong.

I've been on the lookout too.

Not particularly concerned about dial colour, but the sub dials MUST bear some semblance to the original

rontej0226

There are plenty, but the sub dials are wrong.

I've been on the lookout too.

Not particularly concerned about dial colour, but the sub dials MUST bear some semblance to the original

I agree that the sub dials must be exact. The face of the watch must be top notch for a rep to be great.

Edited by rontej0226

gmchris

Variation on a theme . . . .

2013-05-12141759.jpg

This is based on the Steve McQueen 75th birthday version, which was white with is racing overall stripes. I'm not into white dials really, but I think this fantasy blue version looks ok for an ultra cheapie. I read somewhere that the 'Gulf' logo had to be changed after the initial batch due to gulf wanting trademark rights, so it became the highbrid monaco badge seen here- but I have slept since then so don't quote me on that . .

Edited by gmchris

Kopcap

And here are 2 others "Monaco" :

TAG Heuer Monaco "24" (with colored stripes like the Gulf logo - but without "Gulf" mentionned as on the GEN)

WristWeek_TagHeuer-MonacoConcept24_zps7564677f.jpg

and the TAG Heuer Monaco "Calibre 12" (blue version) (and : yes, subdials are wrong... but nobody noticed/told me when i wear it)

WristWeek_zps60a442f1.jpg

(both have quartz movement)

gmchris

Found this interesting (to me anyway) guide on the Mcqueen Monaco - shows quite a few different subdial arrangements too

http://www.calibre11.com/monaco-stripes/

Edited by gmchris

izzifab

TAG Heuer Monaco 24 for me, simple and fancy

Achal

I am also interested in this blue dial watch . I would love to own it .