loiidol

Yobokies Albacore

loiidol

Hi all, rather new here. :)

I have always had a soft spot for seiko watches and their mods.

However I saw the albacore on yobokies photobucket and it looks awesome. It was put there that there were 2 left in stock.

Just wanted some consultation before I take the plunge

Anyone here owns an albacore?

How's the built quality? And I do have nagging concerns of the size of a 47mm watch on my puny 6.5 inch wrist.

All comments are welcome, thanks!

Mazz

Yobokies stuff is quality so you should have no worries there

Klink

hmmmmmmm.....

Nice looker.. yet does seem problematic as to build quality/engineering of the crown/tube?

Mr. Ng seems to have disowned this one..

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?240277-Yobokies-Albacore-review-Seiko-Tuna-homage

http://wristsushi.proboards.com/thread/5060/yobokies-albacore

http://www.watchfreeks.com/23-seiko/121354-yobokies-albacore-problem.html

Life is Good!

Klink

ringobingo

Interesting watch... The shroud is a little too big for my taste though.

Higs

hmmmmmmm.....

Nice looker.. yet does seem problematic as to build quality/engineering of the crown/tube?

Mr. Ng seems to have disowned this one..

It's a lovely watch but there's definitely a problem with the crown tube. The internet is full of people who have stripped the tube thread. When mine went I emailed Harold and was told I must have done something wrong. There are less and less watchmakers who are prepared to do the fix as well. It's a pig of a job apparently - everyone who does one says they won't do another. Mine went across the Atlantic to MCWW. It was expensive and took ages but... now it's fixed properly

aTn9klsTXiUZ6IALtU09MhkH39d0KKTHsFPJOprVGQJWpQoz_GlgurcrP1GkZOGEB0qPb6nK_ui-SiG0UjHX4QaOMGsKEIu96wk20CAC1xF8ntyOMzbYp3U71s1aZ-MWtojBNLywb5yINczn5SHPjeQ9rl81N2bn9AuQcricYtkgkMXlsKroPhissU6FMgiKU4lI1GvNfkrSzt1X0zoXH5kBzaLvNG5I4IiKLfQteDAbTbSyUapKSiPJVO-kv2QAiIKKcc2-FBTkGLK36-e3plYgFl4Bf8prJ3CdIUu2m8Bufm4Bz5hcZRKws-DaZlt0iB9uEfeYQX01tt7e94wf2D0SvI5YleKMUq5vOVM14yWGq9FBo_OYE7Pjo8sGHfVOlFTROb0sWrM0PU_o7_WSvWYkBExGr5mgHvC5jkHiG6eeQ5ckZ07oPO-H-MgBA00eEe13MuUOjO7uF7zgvs_cdRnkSYF1E7Jd9OyCphqFrmO80Vb0UnEtbxuiafwB5Q_Vg_JqyjIbEgLcSflJYUmaTibuJKyHGs-OzLoHz0yCXZxC6IVGC9rW8Ddt2lOxaiwYbFdwK3pojV3ozGW-5jDmCqR6Ch3v4Qy6tOCPJ_NamhKYs_Hcsg=w678-h638-no-tmp.jpg.

riGOQ6_vihkRqP7hAlzJS4sA_-_asAS-9F9W1cnbEItizl7-lsoBwfc3NmhitxVIIFVi9VgjPAebNDRgXhxX516gbpzQgdfWbVVlY7rzR2Zl-4_uAkAAuH6ZdlFmjXd079Xf42mHkyN5VnZ6amThvDzsqS_6Wvsw5rQp8pKNfLUPBq782g6D2mju0rcUATdlnA_ZpMvFw9YvCCuJRij7JwHBZUn2UFiATvJcZthLIONqSrVcYG40_HJ0eIgCgL_8y3MawVkqbog8ouGHlp7KuGyLvlVGtzvDzBiiGcGyjG4427ObfBvSccpqnJ9Ww6FHQoDvNMsHn6dVc2wP04VaP_jznIrrMtrzziVrZtJISTL44-3fRKNylxmh3ed73uSILJETY5jIDGZDVcYpqXfJrOcUw3_xlvNKktlf0Df70jx1IOj_K6TN5uW8zxXd_8uKsZuw9j4WA1h0EY_5rEBzJu08ry8EjZmiB2bpq_CilI1FzB7cUzJxGigjHW0kTwmPhvLZdUPWZNvMyGF4ODIfSL-yeOO1k7akIWfghMayMXHSjmnTltDVqh_3uLNIjnjb9sp2hKDz7C_f2OG3xbKliuREjKcPd_GbYx-ii0R2Q2HGscGa7A=w1175-h638-no-tmp.jpg

winstoda

That black leather strap with the red stitching looks great on it. 

tabuktime
3 hours ago, winstoda said:

That black leather strap with the red stitching looks great on it. 

This isn't the best way to raise your post count, it will be noticed and you'll be lucky if it didn't get reset to zero, or lower.

Welcome to the forum...

JohnyBravo

Cool watch, had one but the crown tube was shot in no time. Hope he fixed that issue.