Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Tag Aquaracer 500M Countdown Chrono Review

scorpion

Tag Aquaracer 500m Countdown Chrono..............

Never had a Aquaracer before and its much bigger than my other TAGs with a nice large clear dial.

Picked up this one from The Noon on the cheap via M2M.

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(17).JPG

SPECS -

· Case: Solid 316L stainless steel case
· Movement: Quartz Microstepper
· Bracelet: Solid end links, stainless steel
· Case diameter: 46 mm not including crown, 50mm inc crown
· Case thickness: 14 mm
· Weight: 184 grams including metal bracelet

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(5).JPG

CONSTRUCTION + FINISH – Decent with good brushed finish all over. Polished steel chronograph push-buttons with black rubber inserts for enhanced grip. Caseback has a picture of a boat winch on it and is very well done……………except someone did not know how to spell as it says Made Simce 1860!

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(7).JPG

BEZEL – Unidirectional with black ceramic insert with white numbers

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(12).JPG

DIAL – Beautiful dial with line effect pattern on it. Date window at 12 no magnifier, decent TAG logo at 6 . Two sub dials at 3 and 9. Three is seconds and nine is chrono x 30 minutes.

There is also an unusual display located directly beneath the date window that has white, red and blue segments on it. This is a 15 minute countdown indicator. Shown via 5-windows, each window represents 1 minute. There are 3 sets of colors each lasting for 5 minutes. On this rep it does not appear to work unless I am missing how to engage it but the colors do change as the hours go by which is nice. This display is related to the Regatta / Sailing theme of the watch and used by Yachtsman at the start of races apparently.

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(4).JPG

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(2).JPG

CRYSTAL – Domed crystal with blue tint / ar. Unsure if sapphire or mineral but expect its mineral.

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(6).JPG

MOVEMENT - Quartz and on the chrono seconds hand it has a very smooth sweep so I presume its one of the so called micro-stepper movements. On reset it sweeps around smoothly back to 12. The smaller seconds sub dial has the usual quartz jump but it’s so small you can’t really spot it

WATER RESISTANCE - WR rating is not known probably a few feet!

HANDS – Skeleton style big bold hour and minute hands with white lume at tips. Seconds hand for chrono has a blue tip as does the chrono minutes sub dial hand

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(9).JPG

LUME - Hands are nice white, hour markers are lumed. Seems pretty good

ACCURACY – Quartz so expected to be 100%

STRAP/ BRACELET - Supplied on solid stainless steel deployant bracelet. It has 2 push buttons to release. It has a hidden diver’s extension. Engraving on it is deep and clear. There is micro adjustment but it doesn’t work as the divers extension gets in the way. Beware it uses the collar and pin system for adjustment and I dropped the collar whilst removing a link. Luckily I found it within a few seconds - I lost a Seiko one before never to be seen again so got lucky this time.

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(16).JPG

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(13).JPG

Tag%20AquaRacer%20(18).JPG

OVERALL – I like the size it just about perfect for me. It is a good looking watch and is well made. For the £55 I paid The Noon for it I am well happy.

Hope you like my review, any comments are most welcome.

Scorp

1%20cool%20shades.gif

Edited by scorpion

Hornet

Lovely looking watch, have been considering the other version with the A7750 movement, but can't bring myself to have another A7750 chrono.....

.....quartz is a good alternative. How much was it?

scorpion

Lovely looking watch, have been considering the other version with the A7750 movement, but can't bring myself to have another A7750 chrono.....

Tskkkkkkkkkk Hornet you NOOB :giggle: - look above carefully under OVERALL and you will see ££££

AndyBlue

Very nice mate, love my ceramic aquaracer.

You say micro adjust does not work? On mine if you release the diver extension, you can then access the micro adjust.

Dungeekin

Not normally a Tag fan, but that is lovely and may have to go onto my list. Enjoy!

scorpion

Very nice mate, love my ceramic aquaracer.

You say micro adjust does not work? On mine if you release the diver extension, you can then access the micro adjust.

Andy maybe i am beeing a NOOB but i dont think so..........

Below photo shows the divers extension part. The bracelet spring bar is in the 1st hole to the left ie at maximum size.

Tag%20Micro%20adjust%20(2)%20(Large).JPG

If you try to move the spring bar to central hole no 2 or to 3rd hole (tightest) when you close the clasp it hits the part that has the 2 clamps that hold it shut. You can see in photo below there is no gap for it if its moved from 1st into 2nd or 3rd micro adjust hole

Tag%20Micro%20adjust%20(1)%20(Large).JPG

Its hard to explain, maybe this makes it clearer......well it would if i spelt TOP correct not TO ie "top off this bit" :giggle:

Tag%20Micro%20adjust%20(3)%20(Large).JPG

Edited by scorpion

Hornet

Tskkkkkkkkkk Hornet you NOOB :giggle: - look above carefully under OVERALL and you will see ££££

....skimmed the words, words are for noobs.

£55 is a fucking steal....

dfq23

I think this was originally one of my many catch and releases!

A lotta watch for not a lotta money

scorpion

So if i open it up will i find some of your pubes in their? :giggle:

If it was yours where did it come from Ali Express or a reputable TD source? Seems pretty well built apart from typo on caseback and a slightly sloppy bezel.

Chavezzito

Beautiful Scorp!

My 500 says hi

6cde583cc30c9dd23fc59a1961c709dc.jpg

scorpion

Beautiful Scorp!

My 500 says hi

Well my one don't speak da english (its chinese and i don't understand it at all) but me likey your Calibre 16

1 like large.gif

dfq23

So if i open it up will i find some of your pubes in their? :giggle:

If it was yours where did it come from Ali Express or a reputable TD source? Seems pretty well built apart from typo on caseback and a slightly sloppy bezel.

It came from Robbie originally

NFleischer

Very nice watch for the money. I wish they made the Swiss Quartz big date still, that's also a great deal.

Congrats.

wahzai

A nice big ass watch you got!!

ianl1969

Wow nice!