Sign in to follow this  
plankton

Rolex Submariner Lume Comparison (Rep vs Gen)

plankton

Thought this interesting since I did get a noob V5 with very good lume. So side by side charged the same. The rep did really well but faded out after 3 minutes pretty bad where my gen looked bright.

QTh5lDN.jpg

Color is pretty close, lume is pretty close (this is at 15 seconds)

1NM8FxW.jpg

This one was after 2 minutes on a separate charge

5SaMkUU.jpg

Just goofing around.........................

and I'm impressed with this V5, it's a bargain.

zufir

Cool comparison mate ! Did you check how long your gen lasted ?

plankton

On a full charge the gen can be seen for hours on my nightstand, I've noticed it 4-5 hours afterwards in pitch black. The gen does catch light much easier but the V5 is pretty damn good considering the price difference. Much better than I thought it would do actually.

zufir

On a full charge the gen can be seen for hours on my nightstand, I've noticed it 4-5 hours afterwards in pitch black. The gen does catch light much easier but the V5 is pretty damn good considering the price difference. Much better than I thought it would do actually.

Makes me consider the toro special... :(

jmshen

A great pick-up at a super solid price. I'm really impressed with the lume job here.

nunu78

Nice comparison, thanks

avrahamk1

Looks pretty good..

Too bad they don't make effort to apply it as unified as other replicas like their PAM 111, or CrPO.

On pictures it seems decent, but seeing it in person is a dead giveaway.

Edited by avrahamk1

MetalMickey

Really pleased to have picked up a Toro special. A bargain at the price.

the_frenchman

Very good comparison and nice gen you've got there mate!

Did you stick for the V6 mr.mickey??

Cubic Hare

Is anyone going for the V6s?

This from a newsletter today....

Mr. Creme De La Creme (AKA Noob) is breaking grounds yet again with the latest Rolex Submariner 116610 update, the V6s, that's right, an "s" just like an iPhone update because Noob is our Steve Jobs.

This year's update is unprecedented and unmatched both in scope, because never have we seen an update before with so many improvements at once and in technique, because each detail is the closest to the genuine.

For this purpose the latest Submariner was purchased and sacrificed to give us such an outstanding replica. Available in both 116610 LN (black) and the 116610 LV (green/ Hulk) ceramic versions with movement options in A2836 and SA3135 (more on this new movement later in this article).

Let's see what the newest features are for this massive update:

First is the markers on the ceramic bezel, they are now as deep as the genuine and have the same platinum hue both for the green and the black ceramic bezels.

Second, the Double AR for the cyclops now has that slight bluish tint that's exactly the same as genuine.

Third, is the rehaut engravings are precise and 1:1, for which a special machine straight from Switzerland has been purchased for this sole purpose. The engravings on the rehaut as per genuine is double-line engraving for each letter as opposed to the common replica with a single-line engraving which is more of a carving.

Fourth, is the crystal. It now sits slightly above the bezel just like the genuine, it is raised just enough so you feel the slight change in elevation if you run your finger on the surface of the watch from edge to edge. Speaking of edge, the crystal's edge is also rounded like the genuine as opposed to the common chamfered edge in other replicas and watches in general.

Fifth is the "ft", there are two variations for this tiny detail located at the depth reading on the dial just below the center. One is the short "ft" for the A2836 version and the long "ft" which is for the SA3135 version.

Sixth, the bracelet is the best bracelet available, SEL of course and great consistent finish in every link. A perfect clasp with a polished Rolex crown logo goes with it.

To top all of that, the icing to the cake is the new SA3135, a first for this watch and for history. We had a 3135-ish movement before which was merely a modified A2836 movement, no more. This time we have the new SA3135, a piece-by-piece replica movement just for Rolex and made by Mr Creme De La Creme, which now makes this watch a clone in the truest sense.

MetalMickey

Yes, ordered myself a Hulk as I don't have a green watch and I liked the Reg version I sold last year. Couldn't resist for the price. The new V6S looks great and all, but not worth the extra $150 (compared to Toro's amazing deal price)

the_frenchman

Yes, ordered myself a Hulk as I don't have a green watch and I liked the Reg version I sold last year. Couldn't resist for the price. The new V6S looks great and all, but not worth the extra $150 (compared to Toro's amazing deal price)

V6s will be around 400$ ( and im not paying that on a rep mate )..... My limit on reps are around 250 and you can get some great reps for that.

V6 special from toro was a great deal and made me think about it.... Tried myself to get into rolllies with a gmt-master II once, but my wrist didnt felt very excited while wearing it.

Maybe one day will try again.....

make sure to post some pics when it getd here