Sign in to follow this  
Nikola Tesla

All My A7750's Are Odd Ducks

Nikola Tesla

When setting the time on my first watch with an A7750 movement, I noticed that the minute-hand did not begin to move again for a full minute. The seconds-hand began right away, but the minute-hand not so much. I passed this off as a peculiarity of that particular watch and simply began adjusting it to a minute later than the actual time when setting it, so the time would be correct after the minute-hand "woke up." :huh:

However, I have accumulated a half-dozen or more watches with A7750 movements since then, and they all exhibit minute-hand delays after setting them. But here's the rub: the minute-hand delay after setting a few of them is the same one-minute interval, but it's only 30 seconds on the others. I haven't looked into whether the 30-sec vs. 1-min delay corresponds with the of the seconds-hand location, and that's something I probably should do, if for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity. But they all exhibit one of these two behaviors, so I doubt they're all defective. :blink:

My current hypothesis is that all A7750's are just odd ducks in this regard. Am I correct or just favoring the wrong drugs? :wacko:

Cheers!

T-

:sillywalk:

adaptive

The few 7750s i had were so god damned noisy the rotor wouldn't stop spinning once touched

Edited by adaptive

Nikola Tesla

The few 7750s i had were so god damned noisy the rotor wouldn't stop spinning once touched

Ha-ha! I have a Chopard MM GMT with an Asian 23j movement that makes exactly the same racket when worn. The up-side to this is that the thing always remains fully wound. My 7750's are all quiet as church mice by comparison.

Cheers! :beer2:

T-

kennycoder

Same story here with 7750 movements. Funny thing is, on the new batch of secs@6 (usually fitted into IWCs nowadays) this doesn't happen. This has to do with some gap between hour hand pinion and the associated gears.

Gazzla

Yep, same here. Need to set the minute hand a minute forward to set the exact time.

BadPickle

:daffy:

How can this be true? A rotor that won't stop spinning?? What?? like ever? and exactly how noisy can it get? So noisy it's keeping the neighbours awake at night???

:bollocks:

Nikola Tesla

Yep, same here. Need to set the minute hand a minute forward to set the exact time.

Ah, so it isn't the drugs then. :rofl:

Baldrick

@Nikola Tesla.......shocking!!!

Del

My gen TAG Aquaracer chrono with Swiss 7750 movement had the 30-second delay issue. Had to set the minute hand first (on the minute marker) and then push the crown in 30 seconds before I wanted the minute hand to commence moving!

Interestingly, I don't have this issue with the Rado HyperChrome chrono, which uses a Swiss ETA 2894-2 chrono movement.

elp

Ah, so it isn't necessarily the drugs then. :rofl:

:)

BadPickle
My gen TAG Aquaracer chrono with Swiss 7750 movement had the 30-second delay issue. Had to set the minute hand first (on the minute marker) and then push the crown in 30 seconds before I wanted the minute hand to commence moving!

Interestingly, I don't have this issue with the Rado HyperChrome chrono, which uses a Swiss ETA 2894-2 chrono movement.

Genwhore :lmao:

Del

Oh yes, I'm a genuine whore ok.

Same time and place next weekend, big boy?! :johng:

:D

markeym3

My gen super avenger did the same ... 30 sec delay..

Best 7750 i had was in a hublot ice bang fantastic time keeping and quite a quiet rotor ..

Kernow

Is it slack in the gears? I find that I have to advance my 7750's a few mins past the correct time then wind them back. This removes any issues that I've had.

BadPickle

Oh yes, I'm a genuine whore ok.

Same time and place next weekend, big boy?! :johng:

Yes please "BIG DADDY" :hehehe:

:D

micscave

Is it slack in the gears? I find that I have to advance my 7750's a few mins past the correct time then wind them back. This removes any issues that I've had.

All my A7750's are the same and this is what I also do.

GenTLe

Just move it forward and then turn the crown to move the time back to the right value. The play the gears have is provoking that effect.

onionbag

I couldn't care less about sloppy, recalcitrant minute hands.

Feck all else in the world runs to schedule, an approximation of the time'll do me..........a minute here or there?

Pfft........

Duzza

I've had 2 gen watches with 7750 movements, were both the same.

Dilodoli

My APs, HBB, and LW behave the same way as you described. Always about 1min to 3 sec delay

Sent from my J12 V12 modded Samsung

Left Coast Guy

I'm fairly certain this has been discussed before on the forum.....its a "feature" of the 7750 mov't if I remember correctly. When you set the watch from a dead stop, the "slack in the gears" as GenTLe put it, causes the minute hand to delay in starting. I think you can prevent this by winding the watch (or self winding) to start the movement, then after its run for a minute or two, set the watch past the correct time, then set the time counter-clockwise to the correct minute.

Either way.....its not a problem with your watch I don't believe.

Nikola Tesla

Apparently the phrase, "Cut me some slack!" was coined specifically for the 7750. :rofl:

Cheers!

T-