Sign in to follow this  
GenTLe

Repainting Explorer 2 bezel

GenTLe

The poor paint that NF put on the bezel started to flake away. With a cloth and a bit of nitro thinner I removed it all to prepare for repainting.

Since this isn't a ceramic bezel I can't use a scalpel to remove the excess if some paint will go out of the engravings... Any suggestion?

c5f05e778b698d00b2c0530d5e0fad81.jpg

Genius

The poor paint that NF put on the bezel started to flake away. With a cloth and a bit of nitro thinner I removed it all to prepare for repainting.

Since this isn't a ceramic bezel I can't use a scalpel to remove the excess if some paint will go out of the engravings... Any suggestion?

A very fine brush and a lot of care

NCRich

Yes fine brush with care but I've had good luck with engraving by painting carefully, letting it dry partially, then wiping lightly using a very tight cloth dipped in whatever thinner is appropriate for your paint. I do the same with ceramic bezels and haven't had to resort to the razor blade yet.

GenTLe

Good thanks. I was also thinking about the fine and tight cloth as NCRich wrote.

If it goes bad I can always restart from the beginning :D

deju

Just rock it unpainted, done the repainting and it doesn't last long enough, naked bezel white face and strap looks awesome

dfb1ab552d0ab2419a9610016a356b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe
Just rock it unpainted, done the repainting and it doesn't last long enough, naked bezel white face and strap looks awesome

dfb1ab552d0ab2419a9610016a356b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even tho I have to say it looks really good that way, I hate to have a watch which isn't "as mother did it", straps apart :)

By the way @NCRich your way worked perfectly! Thanks :)

7b16f235b80cba3acec556f3ff00cdee.jpg

TRANSPORTER

Mate give me ten mins and I can show you the result of a bezel I done a little while ago

TRANSPORTER

Here we go, had to find the photos on my photobucket account, I used an oiler and some satin model paint, used capillary action to drop paint into the indices and then wiped off any excess, the whole bezel probably took me 20 mins to finish.

8A8901C2-0849-4B22-B38D-F372CF017B4C_zpsl7izizoe.png

E6B963B0-8476-450A-BD5E-57F1B7DE0665_zpscbjbbkd2.png

C1EE9083-8AE0-429A-B85D-F9A058207224_zpsnj8an8xp.png

gmchris

Here we go, had to find the photos on my photobucket account, I used an oiler and some satin model paint, used capillary action to drop paint into the indices and then wiped off any excess, the whole bezel probably took me 20 mins to finish.

8A8901C2-0849-4B22-B38D-F372CF017B4C_zpsl7izizoe.png

E6B963B0-8476-450A-BD5E-57F1B7DE0665_zpscbjbbkd2.png

C1EE9083-8AE0-429A-B85D-F9A058207224_zpsnj8an8xp.png

thats cool. i wonder if lume could be applied to an engraved speedie bezel this way and then sealed with laquer?

J.Eric

I lumed my Explorer's dial and bezel...

CIMG1626_zps37b71539.jpg

But I settled on red....

20140820_170053_zpsp1ob4nqs.jpg

TRANSPORTER

Not too sure on the red, but whatever floats your boat, and yours is a black dial so kinda works, nice job on the lume in the bezel though.

GenTLe

Hello

I just modded mine last week

here the tutorial from a sister forum (hoping its ok to post this)

https://forum.replic...xplorer+II+case

Well done mate! Really well done!

PS: RWI boss (Trailboss) is co-boss here too, so absolutely no problem (but even if it was rwg.cc or repgeek I believe there shouldn't be any problem with good information exchange)