Sign in to follow this  
ThePayola

Rolex Milgauss GV Review

ThePayola

I purchased a Rolex Milgauss GV from PureTime Watch and as it was one of my first reps, I thought I would submit a review.

Let me start by saying that I have had no issues whatsoever with PureTime or any of the people there I have corresponded with. They have been very responsive and I'm confident I will eventually have a watch free of defects.

First the positives:

1. The watch looks amazing. The polished portions of the case shine brightly. The rehaut is perfectly aligned. There are no jagged edges anywhere on the band or case.

2XPaf.jpg

2. It feels great on the wrist. The watch has a heavy feel to it, but in a good way. The case and band feel very comfortable. I was initially concerned that the buckle didn't close securely enough, but after some minor adjusting/aligning, it held very snugly.

Now the negatives:

1. One of the links in the band (not a removable link) began to separate after only a week of moderate use:

o8VTN.jpg

2. The watch stopped running after about a week and a half, and then began running extremely fast (gaining about 20 minutes per hour).

3. The crystal. As what most would consider to be the defining feature of the Milgauss GV, I expected the crystal to be as similar to the genuine as possible. In my opinion it (along with every other GV rep I've seen) wasn't even close. Rather than being an actual green crystal, the rep has a clear crystal with what appears to be a coating which reflects green at certain angles. The green tint to the genuine is subtle, but the green effect on the rep stands out far too much and looks cheap. I might have tolerated this, except that the green coating quickly developed some noticeable scratches along the top edge. I'm not sure I understand the point of having a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal if it's going to be covered with a scratch-prone coating.

The style and story behind the Milgauss really appeal to me and I'll be sending the watch back this week for a replacement. Again, despite the issues, I still recommend PureTime. I also have a GMT Master II Ceramic from them that I love and which has given me no problems. Although I'll probably have to solve the green crystal issue myself once I have the new Milgauss in my hands, I'm willing to chalk the other issues (band and movement) up to simply getting a defective model.

bg9MS.jpg

Edited by ThePayola

robznet

Not a good review for puretime, normally not too bad. Let us know how you progress with this issue! :popcorn:

ThePayola
Not a good review for puretime, normally not too bad. Let us know how you progress with this issue! :popcorn:

They have been extremely quick to respond to my emails and assured me they would get the issues resolved, either via repair or replacement. I think we all know that many of these reps are produced at the same factories, and the difference between vendors is the customer service they provide, and not necessarily the products themselves. By that standard of measure, I have been very happy with PureTime.

Still, I'll report back once I have a replacement in hand.

robznet
:popcorn:

mascot

And?...

fatarms

This thread is almost 3 yrs old and the OP hasn't been here in 8 months. This thread is :RIP: