Sign in to follow this  
jackwins

Gunny straps review! PIC HEAVY!

jackwins

People, if you ever thought about ordering/buying a Gunny strap, you have my recommendation. I purchased 4 straps directly from Peter and purchased a 5th from a member on Paneristi. The four I ordered included the Caitlin 3, MI1, Dark Oil Series and 74 Series. The 5th I purchased was a Chocolate Fudge Series. My order of four took approx. 4 weeks to create, and another few days for shipping. Peter is a very kind and accomidating person. I can tell he takes pride in what he does because it shows in his products.

On to the "review" (and the pics)...

If you dont know about Peter's straps, they are very high quality and come at a premium price. That being said, you can customize the strap however you see fit as far as length, thickness, buckle type and stich color. If you are partial to a specific buckle you can send it to him and he will sew it in (if preferred).

Caitlin 3

A beautiful inconsistant caramel colored leather that looks beautiful with my Rsea creation. The stiching is a "dirty" brown. The holes look darkened on the inside, and the padding close to the lugs is wonderful. This strap is so soft, its unreal! Fore-warning: Each of Gunny's straps are extremely soft.

photo2-7.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

MI1

The most expensive of the bunch, but also the most vintage looking. Its just amazing how Peter can mimic an authentic 30 year old strap. In my opinion the MI1 is made for an aged, or at the least an aged looking, fiddy. Its the type of strap you expect to see your cool ass grandfather wearing with his gen vintage Panerai. Another very soft and extremely comfortable strap. I love it!!! Another thing, the buckle end of the strap is about 1-1.5mm thicker than the long end. Lastly, with the MI1 you get your choice between cotton and nylon stiching. I got nylon, but the cotton looks more distressed. Note to self: get another fiddy.

photo4-3.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

Dark Oil Series

The Dark Oil is a beauty unlike none other. Right out of the package it looks like the leather that has been well conditioned for years. Peter says this strap is so well conditioned that it is practically waterproof. I dont plan on testing it. Not too much else to say about this strap. Similar to the MI1, the buckle end of the strap is about 1mm thicker than the long end.

photo2-8.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

photo4-4.jpg

74 Series

The notorius 74 strap. Like the MI1, this strap is truely a work of art. Its vintage looking, but at the same time it looks new. I know that doesnt make sense, but I dont know how else to explain it. The lighter colored stiching really catches the eye. The loops for the pins are large. Meaning you do not need tubes. Actually I am not using tubes for any of these. This leather is very very soft, simular to the Caitlin 3. Like the MI1, this one looks great on a fiddy. I plan on putting it on my fiddy as soon as it back from CLS. I CANT WAIT!!!

photo5-4.jpg

photo1-7.jpg

Chocolate Fudge Series

The Chocolate Fudge Series is similar to the dark oil, however I like the dark oil better. The fudge is still a high quality leather, but the dark oil is higher. Not to mention the dark oil is a deeply conditioned leather. I will actually keep the fudge as a spare.

photo2-9.jpg

photo3-6.jpg

Gunnys.jpg

photo1-5.jpg

Overall, I highly recommend Gunny Straps!

Gazillionaire

Beautiful, I love my brutal black gunny and will definitely be buying more at some point. Great Pics, you're a lucky boy!! :):drool:

cpsurfer

Great review and pics...

DeLaForce

Really nice jack , thanks for sharing :)

wiggindude

Beautiful straps. I have the Caitlin 4 on order but it won't be here till the end of February. Can't wait to get it.

LeandroBR

Mate, I'm looking for a strap to my new pam 243L. Something like the Chocolate Fudge Series. Thanks for share. The straps are really great. :thumbsup2:

robznet

Hell brother - some serious pics there and beautiful straps! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2:

jackwins

Glad you all like. I gotta get another Fiddy.

gtwc

Great choice, they look super.

:taz:

opus9

My Caitlin 3 is to be made mid feb..going on my ceramic 292m. Gunny straps are now collectible and keep their value. Good choice on straps and feel sorry for your battered wallet.

enjoy

jackwins
My Caitlin 3 is to be made mid feb..going on my ceramic 292m. Gunny straps are now collectible and keep their value. Good choice on straps and feel sorry for your battered wallet.

enjoy

Yeah, this buy hurt me pretty bad.

Mike 1108

photo2-8.jpg

I love everything about this combo - the watch with the brown, aged face with second hand, CG, and the strap is a perfect addition to the complete look. You have excellent taste! If you don't mind, where did you get the watch - Rsea ? This is almost exactly what I would like to order - if I could find it available. PM me if you have anyone you recommend I talk to about the watch or anything you would do differently on this particular watch. Although it looks great to me!

Thanks,

Mike

solkryssare

I've become a huge fan of the dark oil series. I've never seen one in real life but I'm a great admirer from a cross the 0's and 1's........

jackwins

I love everything about this combo - the watch with the brown, aged face with second hand, CG, and the strap is a perfect addition to the complete look. You have excellent taste! If you don't mind, where did you get the watch - Rsea ? This is almost exactly what I would like to order - if I could find it available. PM me if you have anyone you recommend I talk to about the watch or anything you would do differently on this particular watch. Although it looks great to me!

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I bought that watch from another member (GHR I believe) who bought it from Rsea. Thank you for the compliment. Rsea's creations are truly works of art. When he is able to make some, they sell out quickly. Good luck getting one :-)

dingle

stunning!. awesome 3646 :D

machiavegli

enjoy

Yeah, this buy hurt me pretty bad.

Great review & pics, looks like I have some more shopping to do!

Mach