Sign in to follow this  
Diego_UK

I'd love to see everyone's JLC Reverso reps!

Diego_UK

Planning on one for myself, really want to know how well they hold up and how good they look.

Edited by Diego_UK

honeybear

I've been having difficulty finding a good JLC Reverso replica. In particular, the newer versions seem to have dual crowns on the dual face version, and screws on the back, as opposed to a snap together case. Others have an open heart dial, or dual faces which are aligned so that when you flip the case, the dial on the other side is inverted (why?!).

So, I ended up getting a Jean Muller Reverso homage, which has a mechanical manual wind movement, and independently settable front and back faces.

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

The flipping mechanism is still a bit on the flimsy side, nothing compared to the precise action of the gen, so it looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on a gen JLC Grande Reverso Duo, as soon as I save a bit more money.

jaeger-lecoultre_grande_reverso_duo_3748421.jpg

Luthier

Diego, you really think many of us have this watch? Maybe one-two... and you can find it on dealers websites, so, no point to ask.

crossbones
f57cfc42.jpg

KeNnY

crossbones those watches should go to RWG museum of shame :lol:

Diego_UK

crossbones those watches should go to RWG museum of shame :lol:

Really? I thought they were beautiful. Unless that was sarcasm... in which case, disregard that first part and substitute this: lol

Luthier

Yes, it's quite ugly motherfuckers.

stewzzy

a personal collection of weapons as well as watches crossbones??

sam77

Yes, it's quite ugly motherfuckers.

+1

RichardMiami

JLCReversootherside.jpg

JLCReversoHomeside.jpg

Soopah Spy

f57cfc42.jpg

Okay... the collection *under* those watches has be drooling a bit! Is that your home, a shop, or a museum?

crossbones
crossbones those watches should go to RWG museum of shame

LOL Kenny.

Any clue what they cost?????

I never said they were reps.

crossbones

f57cfc42.jpg

Okay... the collection *under* those watches has be drooling a bit! Is that your home, a shop, or a museum?

A friend of friend's Private Collection.

Here is Napoleon's dagger...

29687282.jpg

Picasso

83c6a3c2.jpg

opus9

Diego..how about contacting a dealer and see if you can get a new insert facia / dial that fits...send to wizz, insert new look..bobs your uncle...?

Think you will find it difficult to find a decent rep of the original,unless you go for the 'polo' version which has the engraved metal back. I have seen those and they look o.k.

mascot

This thread needs a bump!

I'm looking for a good reverso

TheInthusiest
This thread needs a bump!

I'm looking for a good reverso

You have resurected the spirits of the dead thread. You will now be blessed with a wealth of information on JLC Reveerrssoooosss

Daywatch

The first real sportswatch from 1932 - the JLC Reverso:

Jaeger-LeCoultre Squadra Reverso Chronograph Grey Graphite from Intime (TD on Rwi) It´s cheap, it works great, its big the 1,5 mm seconds ticker at 6 is so small You can barely see it and at 3´oclock it shows the 24 hr cycle. The reverse function is perfect and reliable, the time-keeping 100%. The chrono works fully. The main seconds hand is locked at 12 (unless You use the chrono) - recommend this, not an auto but feels good, weight is ok, comes with a fine JLC deployant clasp

jlc800_9573_zpsb850ca35.jpg

jlc800_9572_zpsad338278.jpg

jlc800_9574_zps6e27d4b9.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

honeybear

I've looked long and hard for a high quality Reverso replica, and in my opinion, none of the above will truly fool a person familiar with JLC. The most common flaw is the way that the caseback is attached by screws. In a gen, the midcase is a two part case with screws at the top and bottom, and the seam runs along the sides.

I ended up getting a gen Grande Reverso Duo, but it looks like the Tribute to 1931 replica that Puretime is describing might be the first truly high quality Reverso replica, although it's unclear hold long it'll be before it gets released.

Until that time, this replica seems like the most gen like version:

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=3154

zinnboy

I've looked long and hard for a high quality Reverso replica, and in my opinion, none of the above will truly fool a person familiar with JLC. The most common flaw is the way that the caseback is attached by screws. In a gen, the midcase is a two part case with screws at the top and bottom, and the seam runs along the sides.

I ended up getting a gen Grande Reverso Duo, but it looks like the Tribute to 1931 replica that Puretime is describing might be the first truly high quality Reverso replica, although it's unclear hold long it'll be before it gets released.

http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=3154

Can anyone share with me where Angus was discussing the Tribute to 1931?

Thanks!

baxter

http://www.ttw888.co...roducts_id=3154

Can anyone share with me where Angus was discussing the Tribute to 1931?

Thanks!

there's a thread over on RG .... in the puretime section ..... it's either a thread in its own right or it's in with the " what's coming out new " thread

Peperalf

Is this Jean Muller still arounI really want a Reverso homage

jakethemouse
CYMERA_20160328_213933.jpg

Peperalf

Up for sale ? :)

CYMERA_20160328_213933.jpg

• Like 1

Xpletiv

What the hell led you to believe that!?

Should've just sent a PM.