Sign in to follow this  
bluebasil

Review Heuer Silverstone from Mary

bluebasil

I ordered this watch from Mary in the beginning of February. Watch took a little longer than expected to arrive because the first one Mary got had a problem with hands not returning to the correct place and the factory couldn't fix so Mary sourced a different version from the market.

First the gen...

tagsilverstone.jpg

Nice watch huh? There are no good reps of this, I mean nothing accurate, but after some poking around here and on the TD sites I found that quartz versions were cheap enough to have me not care too much about the inaccuracy.

Here is the first watch that Mary sent QC pics of. It looks OK.

DidnotgetIMG_6366.jpg

The most glaring fault is the number and placement of the crowns. Ooops. Still, there are all like that and I knew before I ordered so no problem.

Unfortunately the left sub dial didn't return to zero and Mary wasn't able to get the factory to fix. She sent pics of a second version she was able to source in the market.

GotIMG_7417.jpg

GotIMG_7418.jpg

GotIMG_7423.jpg

I think the colour on the dial looks a little better on this, but the strap is terrible. I asked Mary if she could get the strap from the first watch to go with the second. She couldn't, but this was around the time when she was ill so I shall follow up when I place my next order to see if the strap is available. Pretty much all the other faults were present on both versions.

I'm actually quite pleased with the watch, I knew beforehand that there was no good replica and that I would be getting just an approximation of the gen.

Here is the wristie with the Montblanc Mary sent me for free because the process took a while.

wristie2012-03-05104041.jpg

Now, does anyone have any tips on how I might make the strap a little darker and a little less like some 1980s stonewash jeans?

Soopah Spy

There are several reliable dealers that sell nearly-identical bands, in a variety of colors. I'd ask around.

Luthier

Great watch, I will buy it too. What is the size?

bluebasil

44mm I believe.

Luthier

Thanks, mate! Definitely will buy!!!

admiralsas

I'm not normally a huge fan of that brand but that's a very nice watch.

DeLaForce

Nice to see something different :)

Mink oil, would make it darker, soft and supple.

ThinkBachs

Like the starburst dial- simple and nastalgic...

mulder

That is nice!

markturnr

I have it in brown and white. Good to know blue is available.

bluebasil

One other thing to note if you get the same version. I think the strap is quite short. My wrist is 7.25-7.5 and there is only about .75 inch of spare strap through the deployment. It works for me, but might not for you.