Sign in to follow this  
gran

Review: Aqua Terra Small Seconds XXL replica

gran

Seamaster Aqua Terra XXL Small Seconds

Genuine:

Case Diameter: 49.2 mm (Lug wdth for strap 24mm)

Crown (not sure if genuine has screw-down crown or not)

Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides

Case Steel

Dial Grey (dark)

Caliber: Omega 2211Manual-winding movement with small seconds at 6 o’clock. Geneva waves, circular graining, rhodium-plated finish gold plated engravings.

Officially certified chronometer.

Power reserve: 53 hours

Price: $4,320.00

Clasp: Not sure what it should look like

genuineatssxxl.jpg

My Replica from Narikaa (Reg)

drgranomegaatssxxl.jpg

Positive:

Size: Close enough case size and shape etc

Dial: OK to great. but appears darker than genuine

Omega logo: Too smiling like in the olden days

Print/name: Reasonably similar

Face of the watch: A reasonable approximation, sub seconds appear less balanced on dial the the genuine but hands and metal minute indices are reasonable in size and shape

Movement: Beside the 0000000 serial number and that wrong style "Etashoc" is used, this Asian movement is well designed and well marked

Power reserve: mine keeps going 48 hours after winding so that must be good

Buckle: it is nice, but I am ot sure how the genuine looks like

Price: 88Euro or was it pounds wink.gif TTK will know

Seller: Narikaa (Reg) is fast and effective man.Very positive experiencing to buy from him. No problems there (he must have forgotten I once banned him for two days)

Negative:

Crown is reasonable (Not screw-down)

A little too hard to wind (but not a big problem)

Case-back side is the worst part of this STEEL version. (Many errors in using stamps for the gold versions but then thats a plus on the gold reps)

Case-back crystal appears inferior to me

AR: Not good enough? but at least its not blue

Strap is a good approximation and also use the red inside stitches, feels too thick and solid/rubbery

Conclusion: This is more than a a reasonable replica for the money and will likely run forever. On the wrist its a winner. But gold stamps on steel version case-back are unforgivable errors on this version (but is OK for the other two new gold replicas in this series). . AR could be improved I guess.

These are REGs own pictures of this replica. It looks and feels better than these pictures. He needs help in taking pics.

utennavn1kopi.jpg

jeffw69

That is nice.

Was this a recent acquisition from Reg?

gran

yes very recent look at feedback with him

Del

Great review, and a really nice (and large!) watch. :thumbsup2:

RichardMiami

Great review Gran.. thanks for posting this. May I ask what your wrist size is? I am on the borderline of ordering this one... I should be able to handle it with my 7.5" wrist.

gran

19.5cm wrist on Dr.Gran..lets go metric

watch.aholic

Did Naarika take off his listing for this Omega? I can't find it in his section anymore?

Did he have the gold version too?

Baldrick

Yes and yes !

6949904935_eb3f338430_o.jpg

OMEGA TUXEDO 1 by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

6949905643_e7cb172ff2_o.jpg

OMEGA TUXEDO 6 by Hugh_Jorgen, on Flickr

narikaa

Seller: Narikaa (Reg) is fast and effective man.Very positive experiencing to buy from him. No problems there (he must have forgotten I once banned him for two days)

Not forgotten....just give those carcinogens time Reaper.jpg

;)

. He needs help in taking pics.

Au contraire pictures work just fine (all stock sold and more pre -ordered) :P

greg_r

Beautiful photos, Balders! Really loving the look of this watch...

gran

Not forgotten....just give those carcinogens time Reaper.jpg

;)

. He needs help in taking pics.

Au contraire pictures work just fine (all stock sold and more pre -ordered) :P

B) glad to hear that

watch.aholic

Is the lume any good on this one? If it's pathetic then I am thinking that upon my purchase (when Narikaa replenishes his stock), I'd have it sent to Kenny for a lume job.

gran

The lume is great the minute after being exposed to sun light and you walk into a dark room even, but obviously it does not last very long. The lume is not bad being a replica, and is long enough to enjoy looking at it under the bed sheets for a while. Tritium would have been the best on this watch given the small areas for lume.

However, this watch has very very small areas for lume beside hands, so lume is not comparable to the Railmaster XXL with lume all over the place...if you want lume go with the Railmaster XXL

watch.aholic

The lume is great the minute after being exposed to sun light and you walk into a dark room even, but obviously it does not last very long. The lume is not bad being a replica, and is long enough to enjoy looking at it under the bed sheets for a while. Tritium would have been the best on this watch given the small areas for lume.

However, this watch has very very small areas for lume beside hands, so lume is not comparable to the Railmaster XXL with lume all over the place...if you want lume go with the Railmaster XXL

Thanks for your response mate....I might just then get it shipped to me and see if I can live with the factory lume......Nah the railmaster doesn't cut it for me....It has to be this one with that textured tuxedo dial.....

I should have asked this before but is that leather strap any good? I better get down hunting down a good gen croc for this as the band will make this watch....What's the length of that rep strap....I know its' 24/20 and since my wrist is just a tad over 7.5 inches (just like yours), looking at your wristie that length seems perfect.

gran

Lenhth of strap is perfect...very solid strap

but need something special like this

dsc2731.jpg

or

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

and this I am not sure about

ndq0zk.jpg

Baldrick
and is long enough to enjoy looking at it under the bed sheets for a while.

and see if I can live with the factory lume

Brings to mind the old saying about 'people'....'getting'....'a'....'life' B)

gran
and is long enough to enjoy looking at it under the bed sheets for a while.

and see if I can live with the factory lume

Brings to mind the old saying about 'people'....'getting'....'a'....'life' B)

Yes its so true.... :P but just the fact that you actually took the time to read that nonsense, should be worrisome ;)

Baldrick
but just the fact that you actually took the time to read that nonsense, should be worrisome

No need to worry Gunnar, I've come to expect and subsequently enjoy reading your nonsense, always have, always will... ;_)

gran
but just the fact that you actually took the time to read that nonsense, should be worrisome

No need to worry Gunnar, I've come to expect and subsequently enjoy reading your nonsense, always have, always will... ;_)

:beer2: now this more praise than I deserve

gran

granoatssmeshb.jpg

Now on mesh:

granoatss.jpg

granoatssmesh.jpg

granoatssd.jpg

watch.aholic

I am on the waiting list with Narikaa for this watch and already have a 24mm Staib bracelet.....this combo rocks mate and can't wait to try it on my wrist...

gran

I am on the waiting list with Narikaa for this watch and already have a 24mm Staib bracelet.....this combo rocks mate and can't wait to try it on my wrist...

Then you are good to go :beer2:

nuker

Nice review Gran.

gran

UPDATE 18.10.2013:

I have now seen the AT XXL genuine watch close up and even had it on my wrist. Sorry no photo as it was at an airport shop in Brussels.

New Info:

1. The crown is not screw in on the genuine just as it is on the replica, but obviously the crown and threads etc. are not identical.
  2. The dial on the genuine is more greyish at an angle and this enhances the TUXEDO lines on the genuine. Replica dial appears darker (more smooth?) and its tuxedo lines are thus less distinct at most angles.
  3. Genuine has SS case so nothing special there.
  4. Seeing the genuine movement, the replica movement on my version of this replica has very much the same look and darkish coloured hue.

To my surprise, I must say that the replica is surprisingly similar to the genuine.

granoatssmeshb.jpg