Sign in to follow this  
machiavegli

REVIEW: Custom watch boxes by Rainer in Germany [PIC HEAVY]

machiavegli

REVIEW: Custom watch boxes by Rainer in Germany [PIC HEAVY]

This is my first review of a wrist watch case. I've been fighting feelings of envy about Greg_R's incredible 20-watch Modalo watch box at:

http://www.rwgboard....?showtopic=3289

but I couldn't find that particular Modalo box online.

In desperation I turned to genuine watch forums including the Paneristi and Rolex forums. There I found custom watch boxes for big watches made by Rainer Schuster in Germany. Here is a selection:

http://www.network54...PANERAI+WATCHES

http://www.rolexforu...ad.php?t=195448

and you can find more pics by searching "Rainer watch box" on Google.

As you can see his brown wood boxes look fantastic but I decided to go with a more contemporary feel. I initially wanted a black carbon fiber box but Rainer said he had a 12-watch black wood box ready to send, and I went for it. Here are some pics:

The transaction was as smooth as a forum TD, and he shipped within 3 days of my order and PayPal. He is completely English fluent, very courteous, and typically responded to emails within hours despite the time difference. My parcel arrived 2 weeks later, hermetically sealed and in a nice presentation gift box. The construction is very solid, with all inside surfaces padded and covered in black leather, excellent hardware, and felt bottom so you don't scratch it. The price was a very reasonable 129 EUR plus 29 EUR shipping (about $217).

To place an order, Rainer's email is: [email protected]

Here are some pics of the box. I apologize for the natural light rather than using a light box, but it was a great San Diego sunny day today and I didn't want to be inside. Any dings, dents, scratches or dust are due to me, not Mr. Schuster.

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

And a few pics of the box "loaded". Note that I have a lot of tall profile watches (2nd pic), but only the AP ROOS in the back row is tall enough to leave an impression on the top lining (3rd pic), and that all watches fit nicely in their individual "cubbies".

box5.jpg

box6.jpg

box7.jpg

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you have any questions about Rainer or the box.

-Mach

Edited by machiavegli

powderfreak

Very nice! I like the ones with glass top, but that's quite cool! More importantly, you seem to have an excellent taste in watches :)

machiavegli

Thanks Powderfreak! 19/20 watches are COSC certified (Chinese-made Official Swiss Chronographs) thanks to Mary and Rochest :)

-Mach

tommylad

These are truly excellent boxes - well chosen. I have the eight watch model.

Corv99

Love the box, really neat and classy!

nice collection too..

onionbag

A very handsome box machiavegli, it should give you years of service.

Luthier

Nice box, indeed, but to me- it's pointless without top glass.

g.man

Thread bookmarked.

ta

g.man

Member X

Nice watchbox :)

I need one with about 30 spaces but they are $$$ lol

dalboy

Very stylish box mate, nice collection too...............

machiavegli

Thanks Dal, X and G.man!

-Mach

Edited by machiavegli

watchmonger

Yes, very nice box indeed. I need to get one, but do prefer one with the glass top. Luth - where did you get yours?

Member X

I believe Luth is making one himself... We are awaiting pictures... ;)

Luthier
Molcos

Those boxes were just awesome, need a few more watches first though, but damn do they look good :)

baxter

these are just what i'm looking for - really nice and plain and prefer with the solid top - cheers for the thread !!

machiavegli

Thanks guys! I'm super happy with it despite the non-glass top, and you know if he has a good reputation on the Paneristi forums the spots will be wide enough even for your biggest reps...

-Mach

FilBack

Very nice! A bit expensive...but worth it!

I actually prefer the closed lid look as opposed to the glass top. Looks classier to me.

honeybear

Very nice, I like the fact that the pillows fit snugly into the slots, and that there's plenty of clearance on either side of the watch. It's the watch box equivalent of flying first class, as opposed to coach... in particular, not having to share the arm rest... priceless.

baxter

Cheers for the link Mach -perfect box for me, i've ordered one to hold 18 ( i've got 5 at the moment with 3 on the way so should have it filled by september :) ) will post pics when it arrives !!

machiavegli

Damn it, people, I just had to order another one of these. I need therapy.

-Mach

parisianshut
Damn it, people, I just had to order another one of these. I need therapy.

-Mach

You don't have time for therapy, look at your wrist..... :D

masmannan

Hi Chaps,

I just received this watch box. and OMG. Its is a thing of beauty. Check out the Frist page, I have crappy camera and it won't do justice.

Germany to UK in 4 days, bought via ebay and a fine well made Box for our precious Reps.

Masmannan