Sign in to follow this  
Pmcclean18

New Arrival - 292J Ceramic (Noob Factory) [PIC Heavy]

Pmcclean18

Hi all,

This was on the items coventry was so kind to look after for me for 4 weeks, so is with great delight and relief I can bring this review to you!

Now, when I say review, as I know nothing of the Gen and little of watches in general, it is more of a description and observations based on owning 10 rep PAMs now.

Note that any specks of dirt or hairs are exactly that. Tried taking the photos with my 1 year old running around in the background wanting to play with it...!

General Observations

Finish - impeccable. Every line, curve, and joint looks perfect to me. The black finish is perfect everywhere, but I have noticed that although the case is ceramic, the lug screws and lugs themselves aren't. Again, not a problem, but after trying on numerous different straps I have noticed a few scratches appearing on the screws. Minor points but worth mentioning.

file-4.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-6.jpg

Crown - but far the firmest and most solidly built crown and winding action I have seen on a watch yet. So much so I actually thought it was stuck on first attempt, but now I am used to it it is a delight. My SOH V2, while by no means bad, feels flimsy by comparison. Excellent.

file-8.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

Dial - to my untrained eye everything looks perfect. The text all seems to line up and be at 90%, the P and I finish directly above the 5 and 7 markers, same with the R an R at 11 and 1. The pressed out pig logo looks good to me, but not sure what I should be looking for in terms of inaccuracies, but is bold at the right angle and subtle from others.

file-1.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-26.jpg

Lugs - by far the easiest I have used on and Radiomir yet. Easy to remove and slide back in, stay in place with minimum of fuss, soooooo much easier than my 288k. Not sure why, but I am happy with it!

file-23.jpg

Case back - slightly different shade of black (darker) than the case itself. States that case back is SS so that makes sense I guess. Detailing seems accurate but not especially deep. Being black though the engraving shows up massive amounts of dust though. Mine is full of talcum powder after changing the babies nappy last night for example! Regular cleaning required I suspect.

file-11.jpg

Lume - brilliant. Nothing else to say.

file-19.jpg

file-16.jpg

Wristie

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

Weight - this thing is incredibly light, as would be expected with a ceramic case. Where other feels reassuringly heavy, this one almost feels like a toy by comparison. Not a complaint, just takes some getting used to after regular PAMs.

file-15.jpg

Problems - Am not sure my Serge D Ostrich strap is right for it. I like it, but think maybe its the tan stitching. Happy to take opinions!

Thanks for watching!

NOTE: Big thanks to grb for advice on the strap choice. Gentleman as always...

Grimmi

Thanks for that! Very nice! :)

"added to my wish list"

HeavyKrush

Nice job P! Strap looks good, but maybe darker stitching. I don't know shit about color coordination so I'm sure someone will be along to point out the correct answer.

dalboy

Looks all good from where i'm sitting and i wish you well to wear it..

As for the issue with the screws that is a common problem..can i suggest a can of matt black spray, or change them for ss screws look just as good IMO..

Dal..............

Corv99

looks great mate

however it does clash with stripy socks

tommylad

Details of this strap please. Very nice indeed.

hnic

looks good

Nice review

Del

Congrats! :clap:

Nice strap combo IMO. ;)

YoungGPS

Great review of a very nice watch!

Congrats.gif

andepad

Pm

Nice watch/strap combo!....

Have same problem with scratches on screws when changing around straps...but nothing that can't be touched up easily (sharpie)

Enjoy!

DeLaForce

Nice mate looks good :)

baxter

wow what a beauty and personally i like the strap combo - glad it escaped from Coventry to be with you :)

databar

Beauty, love the combo

MrBlanck

Nice and detailed (without too much technicality) review! Noobs like me is what we crave for!

Would you mind to say how much was it and where did you buy it? I love it! And wouldn't mind going for it after I get my PAM111 N Factory V3 :)

Thanks!

Edited by MrBlanck

Pmcclean18

Thanks everybody. Good tips on keeping the screws black from Dalboy and Andepad!

Also thanks to grb for his sage-like advice on strap matching. I was for keeping it all black but he kept me right. I said it in the post but deserves to be said again. Thanks mate.

Hazz

Looks awsome on that strap.

Health to wear it, and maybe a box soon to keep it in.

Pmcclean18

Oh, I have a box coming alright, but it's not the one you are thinking of. All will be revealed sooooooon.....(well, a few weeks). :giggle:

edwinowl

Looks a good combination to me, grb knows his straps, meeting him this week to hopefully take one from him. Wear it well mac..

UmpaHimself

NEED

JohnPilot

A great review. Next watch on my wish list :-)

Thanks.

Chumsford

I love this watch - definitely going to be one of my first rep purchases!

Could you let us know which dealer you used and how much you paid?

techboy

Stunning. I haven't received my first reps yet but already on the lookout for others! I came across this on Josh's site and came straight to RWG to see if any members had a couple of pics up, especially the wrist shot.

Love it, my list of wants is growing by the day.

Thanks for the stunning pics.

wqleow

Looks wonderful! Do share TD and pricing.

guami007

Looks wonderful! Do share TD and pricing.

+1. Georgeous piece. BTW, that strap is the tits. I am going to have to either keep an eye out for one of these on M2M or ping Serge.

UmpaHimself

I have been avoiding the Rads but I love it in DLC with that pig dial. #need