Sign in to follow this  
Garyun

Need some advice.... been scammed, paypal dispute now.

Garyun

Hello RWG Members,

I need some help and advice.

I purchased a TC LV type I with gen insert from a member "peep" over at RG. Everything seemed perfectly fine, he had feeback scores with references, posts on the forums, etc. Nothing to deter me from buying from him. Here is the sales thread and a post he made about the watch.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=201565

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=201566

Anyways, I pulled the trigger and paid the $850 US. His communications was good, sent the watch out 2 days later with tracking. I had asked him to take pictures during the packaging/posting process for documentation, but he had ignored that request (bit of a red flag). I had already paid so there wasn't much I could do. Anyways, a few days past and the watch arrives at my PO box in the US. Go to pick it up and sign. When I pick up the box, it seemed super light, like nothing was in it..... well you guessed it, nothing was in it but packaging paper and a few foam peanuts. I looked at the box, and it was not tampered with, all taped seals were good, no openings, etc.

photo110_zpsea3a3bb7.jpg

photo211_zps29753d82.jpg

photo4_zps545b8c58.jpg

photo5_zps79926e35.jpg

Tried to stay calm, and give this guy the benefit of the doubt. I tried sending him PM's and emails, but he has gone silent. Contacted the mods over there and they have said he has not responded to their PM's.

Anyways, I need to open a paypal dispute. I paid him via "goods and services" and not by "gift". So I think that will be my saving grace. The mods over on the forum said that I should not mention the RG Forum, watches, replicas, etc. Or paypal may close down my account.

I need some help on how to properly file this dispute so i can get my money back. Please help!

Oh and if anyone can find more information on this thief let me know.... this is what I have so far on him.

Name: Francis Yeh

email: [email protected]

Address:

Francis Yeh

1661 Diamond Bar Blvd.

Diamond Bar, CA 91765

USA

Owner of One Six Eight Diamond LLC.

http://companies.findthecompany.com/l/27211198/One-Six-Eight-Diamond-Llc-in-Diamond-Bar-CA

business phone number: (909) 568-3545 (tried calling, but went to generic VM)

Thank you all for you help...... sort of puts a sour taste in my mouth with buying and selling online.

highergame

your going to tell paypal that you bought a rep. watch and it didn't show up? I'm confused on that one.... sorry to hear about the watch but I don't think your going to have any luck with that story with paypal see as you can't sell or buy fake stuff, guns, and other things using paypal or they will shut your account down.

jacobarch

want me to go pay him a visit? he's lives very close to me :death:

TBH give him a chance to respond to you. Or at least let the mods try to handle it first. Maybe he left town for a couple of days or something, it could be something as simple as he forgot to put the package in the box. I mean he's a blooming idiot if that happened but its better than him ripping you off.

DId the box looked like it was opened?

LightGeek

Before posting all this guys details, it would do you well to send the timeline of events.

baxter

Mate that sucks, i got done last year - the circumstances were different but i had to take $ 450.00 on the chin. Not sure how you can prove there was nothing in the box to paypal but someone else may be able to help here. Try contacting Onze who is a moderator over at repgeek.

Garyun

Box seemed fine, not opened, not tampered with.

jeffrx

How long has it been since you first tried to contact him?

highergame

maybe it's just me but the box addy looks different then the one your posting ( which I dont recommend putting peoples info out there like that), but thats not a good sign if he was trying to be smooth and give you fake info thinking you couldn't track him down. Best of luck man hope you can come up with a really good story for paypal other then you bought a fake rolex so they will help you get your money back ( even though going to paypal is a big no no in our world).

jacobarch

I also see your package was insured. Why don't you try making a claim with usps first?

Oh and BTW, at $870 Repgeek should of gotten a picture of his ID for this reason, which should help.

sardonix

If i was seller would ask for your unpacking proces video :lol:

Is there a copy of receipt from post office? On that here in Holland is always the weight of the parcel.

You could also have the watch on your wrist and made pics of an empty box.

Not saying you did that, but the seller can say that.

Garyun

yes the name and address on the box is different than the one from paypal.

Yah there is $200 insurance on the package..... which seemed weird to me. Does USPS weigh their package when they first get them in? That would let me know if the watch was in there and was taken during the shipping.

Amit

if you still have the packing what does it say the weight of parcel is?

i don't know maybe that will help as an indicator, lets hope he is just unable to answer emails.

Garyun

If i was seller would ask for your unpacking proces video :lol:

Is there a copy of receipt from post office? On that here in Holland is always the weight of the parcel.

You could also have he watch onour wrist and made picks of an empty box.

Not saying you did that, but the seller can say that.

My line of communication is still open.... I'm trying to work something out with him, but the fact that he has gone silent doesn't leave much to work with....

jacobarch

posticker.jpg

1 lbs 0 ounces? does that sound right?

Garyun

Weight on the package says 1lb 0 oz. That's including the box, packaging paper, foam peanuts. Does leave much room for a watch in there.

Amit

when did you receive the package? i see he was online two days ago on RG

BaggyPants

Last watch I posted weighed 350g including double skinned box, so 1lb (approx 500g) isn't far off.

sardonix

I just sent two subs out have the receipts here small boxes weight was 270 and 277 grams.

jacobarch

Pity you didn't google his email addy: http://strictlysupre...mber.php?u=2555

damn, you're fucked. But like I said RG should of gotten his ID. But then again it's repgeek

Garyun

Pity you didn't google his email addy: http://strictlysupre...mber.php?u=2555

I did googled his email after the fact...... and saw that exact post, that I passed on to RG mods.

LightGeek

posticker.jpg

It's a click-n-ship. You can put anything you want in there and if it's within tolerance, it will ship.

jacobarch

posticker.jpg

It's a click-n-ship. You can put anything you want in there and if it's within tolerance, it will ship.

double fucked.

dingle
posticker.jpg

That is a click and ship lane done online.

1lb is just what was put in the "check" box. It has nothing to do with the actual weight.