Sign in to follow this  
timetech08

Sub bracelet permanent link removal ,How To PICTORIAL

timetech08

I cant remember the last time i did a tutorial, its been a while and i felt this one is a easy one for members to DIY ,, or at least know what is involved in doing this

this particular person had a sub bracelet that when he removed all the removable links and adjusted it accordingly it was still too big by a link , so here is how i do it and u can at home

ok first the watch bracelet before

WP_001164.jpg

now u simply put the permanent link in a vice to hold it snug

WP_001165.jpg

now u take vice grips or locking pliers or even regular pliers and grab the other end and wiggle it back and forth a few times and then simply pull up on it and it should come apart , if not u wiggle more u will feel it get loose ,, u can heat it but not usually necessary , her is what it looks like when removed

WP_001166.jpg

after the permanent link is removed the next step is to drill the hole out because the next permanent links hole size is too small , it was sized to fit the permanent smaller pins not the fatter screw as u see in these pictures

this picture shows the bit i used , see its just a tad bigger than the screw, i also slid the bit through the hole of the original link where the screw went through to determine the correct size

WP_001168.jpg

now i drill usually holding with hands with these cause im used to it ,, i recommend u use a vice with a cloth to hold it to drill at home for safety precautions

WP_001170.jpg

ok now u have the hole drilled out now the screw fits nicely

WP_001171.jpg

now u see the arrow showing the two links are now too close together so it will not fit like this

WP_001176.jpg

now u have to use a sanding wheel to remove a small amount of metal as u see in this pic also note u see the hole was deburred with sand paper after u drill the hole out , makes it a clean look

WP_001173.jpg

last step is make the new permanent link match up with the screw in link , see the red arrow , it shows how the side is sticking out a bit more than the other side

WP_001177-1.jpg

after using same sanding wheel to even it out here is the final product

WP_001178.jpg

This will work with majority of your replica bracelets , Enjoy!!

wolfwood

Wow, that's waaay beyond my handyman capability! Good job.

Soldie

Beyond mine too. Great demo tho.

LightGeek

Wrists smaller than mine, this I gotta see!

TT88

Nice tut light. :clap:

Now get off the chair and hit the gym, maybe kenny will have tut on some wrist enlargement. :lol:

Sent from my Bezel using 116610

SSTEEL

Great tutorial, and this is something I have been looking to do for a while. Not to resize the bracelet, but to separate the links so I can send them off for gold plating. :)