Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

New Nautilus vs old Nautilus

_DC_

So my SW200 arrived from Andrew at Trusty Time a few days ago. I have to say faultless service and super fast, a real breath of fresh air to deal with!

The watch is superb, I've loved my A4813 and it is a great rep, but this SW200 version is just on another level! To look at in photos it's hard to see why there is a $230 difference in price, but believe me you can feel it when you go from one to the other. Hope these pics tell some of the story!

First, a shot of the SW200, it's a stunner

null_zpsa2d5a783.jpg

So in terms of differences between the two versions, I'll ignore the obvious which is the movement, as you hardly ever see it anyway it's not really the reason that the SW200 is so good. The most immediately noticeable improvement is the bracelet, which is such a crucial part of the Nautilus design. As you can see here the quality in terms of the proximity of the links is far better on the SW200, so the bracelet doesnt sag when stood upright, there's a lot less lateral play in the links too for the same reason, which makes the watch feel a lot sturdier and therefore a lot higher quality!

null_zps6075438e.jpg

The polished mid links are also a lot flatter on the SW200 which is closer to gen, and again the fit is snugger between the mid links and main links, can kinda see the difference here...

SW200

null_zpsd7c12bc9.jpg

A4813

null_zps1e86238f.jpg

And finally the bracelet on the SW200 is marginally wider at the case and at the clasp, giving a more substantial look and feel and being closer to gen

null_zps627dc41c.jpg

In terms of the dial, the obvious difference is the date window but there is a lot more subtle differences which the camera struggles to pick up. The SW200 is a little chunkier and has more depth, and the bezel is slightly deeper and this again brings the SW200 closer to the gen!

null_zps4f3d3b6b.jpg

Overall, the $400+ price tag is well worth it, my only criticism is that the polished mid links scratch very easily, which was never a problem with the A4813, not sure the reason for this, I'd imagine they're made from the same 316L steel?!

Hope this was educational, sorry for the iPhone pics.

DC

gtwc

Nice mini review & pics.

It sure looks very tempting...............

fana05

Lovely combo with the sweatpants :D High class all the way!!

_DC_
Lovely combo with the sweatpants :D High class all the way!!

Haha, well it is Sunday! I spend my whole week in a suit, it's my day of rest...... god says so!!

DC

wdev

Yup, it's official now. This is def. going to be my new watch. Nice to see you can still pull it off with tattoos and sweatpants :) Congrats!

All I have to do now is wait for my salary to arrive, still 10 days to go. This is going to be al looooong wait...

Fan_rwg

I got mine recently sw200, and I totally subscribe to your review... Nicely done

Kiwibob

Thanks for the good comparison/review, I've been admiring this watch for a while now, it's understatedly classy.

honeybear

I like the SW200 based Nautilus so much that I have two of the ones with the blue dial.

_DC_
I like the SW200 based Nautilus so much that I have two of the ones with the blue dial.

Haha, that's dedication! I also have two, the blue dial one in this thread and a slate grey dial one on gen Patek Philippe gator strap, that's my grail watch:)

DC

hava

These is the v3?

_DC_

No, V3 was out of stock, paid the big money and got the SW200!

DC

Y30BAD

Thanks _DC_ bought your A4813 and now have the SW200 on its way... Great watches, good review

Gbkirsch

I have the old one and I am considering the sw200 as well. I have many watches both rep and Gen and the Nautilis is probably my fav!!!

Kleen™

I can hardly bear to read this, since I've been waiting two months now for mine to arrive...(stuck at UK customs...)

Y30BAD
I can hardly bear to read this, since I've been waiting two months now for mine to arrive...(stuck at UK customs...)

Mine is coming from Italy so guess I'm gonna be in for a wait too.. All my watches have been (except 1) UK M2M so far so not too sure how ill handle the waiting game... Picked up a M2M US deal, but didn't have customs worries as was on holiday in Florida at the time.

Hope it arrives soon for you!

Baldrick

Patek and tats....great combo !

jeffw69

:lol:

Zachthebaker

I just wish the nautilus had a different clasp.. maybe a button in there. it just feels cheap to me to be pulling your watch off like that. maybe Ill get one with a gen strap

Baldrick

:lol:

Not to mention the sweats and the Converse boots....I'm sure the outfit will go down well at the next AGM of Haxton Maxton and Paxton Securities and Bond LLC investment corporation. :B):

Thang

Nice review. Thanks for sharing. I have the A4813 and love it :D