Jump to content

 

- - - - -

First replica Watch


28 replies to this topic

#1 tzsteve

    Member

  • Members
  • 117 posts
  • Member ID: 40673
  • Joined: 11-June 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hi Everyone,
Im new on the site really getting some great info and am going to order my first replica over the weekend, and was wondering about different members wtaches what was your first replica?
Was it any good ? also what do you think is the most popular watch for noobs like me?
Comments welcome
Thanks
Steve

#2 PeterPotamus

    Advanced Poster

  • Members
  • 1,479 posts
  • Member ID: 29065
  • Joined: 16-November 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

Mine was a PAM 111 V3 Noob, perfect watch, excellent finish and perfect timekeeper

#3 Limier

    Member

  • Members
  • 71 posts
  • Member ID: 21435
  • Joined: 16-May 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Depending of who you are, what you do and what you like, there is a style fitting your style.

I think Rolex is overrated. When I began, it was all about Rolex. I learned that IWC, JLC, AP and Omega are more discrete and less "pow- in-your- face- ook-at-me" kind of watches. But that's my tiny opinion ....

Enjoy the hobby and I wish you amazement and satisfaction !

#4 flyr

    Advanced Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 1,449 posts
  • Member ID: 26083
  • Joined: 12-September 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Welcome to the forum
1)Omega UPO 45.5
2) Yes
3) Rolex Sub

#5 PeterPotamus

    Advanced Poster

  • Members
  • 1,479 posts
  • Member ID: 29065
  • Joined: 16-November 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

Most popular definitely the Rolex Sub, but do yourself a favor and don't ask who has the best sub LOL

#6 Edge22

    Experienced Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 265 posts
  • Member ID: 29664
  • Joined: 25-November 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Welcome to the board!

First rep for me was an IWC Da Vinci Kurt Klaus Edition bought at MBK in Bangkok 5 years ago.
It's still running and keeps perfect time.

#7 veritech

    Experienced Poster

  • Members
  • 289 posts
  • Member ID: 34598
  • Joined: 22-February 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

BR03-92 from Silix and a Narikaa Tag, they are both outstanding and changed the rep game for me, there's no such thing as "popular watch for noobs" - look, read, research, and come to your own conclusions.

#8 Visioneer

    Advanced Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 503 posts
  • Member ID: 35364
  • Joined: 06-March 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postveritech, on 14 June 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

BR03-92 from Silix and a Narikaa Tag, they are both outstanding and changed the rep game for me, there's no such thing as "popular watch for noobs" - look, read, research, and come to your own conclusions.


Good advice...this sort of advice certainly helped me get a good start on rep buying. Use it wisely.

#9 SSTEEL

    Micky! Location: Finland

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 8,846 posts
  • Member ID: 33398
  • Joined: 30-January 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Welcome to RWG :) My first ever rep was a Rolex Submariner LV back in 2003 I think it was.

#10 greg_r

    Chief Hamster Wrangler

  • Admin
  • 42,974 posts
  • Member ID: 2
  • Joined: 18-November 08

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Rolex Day/Date TT back in 2000 (from Camden Market). It was pretty good, actually, but I decided I preferred the SS version I bought elsewhere a couple months later (the latter rep I still own - albeit rebuilt into a later case).

As for the most popular watch... it's the Rolex Sub. It's also the most boring (it took me 12 years to get around to buying a sub, and I shouldn't have bothered... snoozeville :Yawn: ). Buy a Panerai (or an IWC, or a Lange or anything but a bloody sub) ;)

#11 Laurence

    Experienced Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 383 posts
  • Member ID: 30596
  • Joined: 10-December 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

My first was a Breitling Navitimer from Thailand 8 years back. Not a great quality rep and far from looking gen, but still going today.

Sub's are nice but over rated, I'm still in two minds about buying one. There's always something else I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on.

#12 Kleen

    Member of the exclusive Blackjack & Champagne Strippers Club

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 4,109 posts
  • Member ID: 35797
  • Joined: 14-March 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postgreg_r, on 14 June 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Rolex Day/Date TT back in 2000 (from Camden Market). It was pretty good, actually, but I decided I preferred the SS version I bought elsewhere a couple months later (the latter rep I still own - albeit rebuilt into a later case).

As for the most popular watch... it's the Rolex Sub. It's also the most boring (it took me 12 years to get around to buying a sub, and I shouldn't have bothered... snoozeville :Yawn: ). Buy a Panerai (or an IWC, or a Lange or anything but a bloody sub) ;)


+1
The ol' man speaks gospel. Have never owned a sub myself. Never will...

#13 Martinjogs

    Senior Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 1,576 posts
  • Member ID: 33226
  • Joined: 27-January 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

I picked up a rather nice 'Rolex' in Bangkok circa 1987, this kept on working until I lost it a few year later. First rep of the modern era was Omega PO 42mm, which is a popular choice for newbies and a watch well worth having. Take a look a the weekly wrist check threads, lots of watches there and you can get a better idea of what they look like on somebody's wrist. In the end just go with your instincts, you won't go far wrong!

#14 Olly

    POWERMAX!

  • BANNED
  • 3,216 posts
  • Member ID: 11604
  • Joined: 26-May 11

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I know that $500 is a lot to spend on a rep but go for a TC Sub if you want the classic 16610. It is the best made and most accurate rep to date !!!!!!!!!!!


blog.tc-sub.com/

#15 mayjas

    Experienced Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 253 posts
  • Member ID: 39469
  • Joined: 18-May 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Mine was Breitling Bentley 62163 purchased 7yrs ago from replicahause.com (Alice).......i guess that site has closed down now and later read many reviews that it was a scam site.....guess i was lucky as the watch still runs perfectly till date.....and its automatic movement.....

#16 chadd

    Member

  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Member ID: 38475
  • Joined: 30-April 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

I just received my first reps this week.

1)TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Automatic Day-Date Chronograph. From Tony.



2)HBB V6 S/S Rubber M2M sales



3) PAM fantasy M2M sales

Love the Tag and love the Hublot more.
Im still on the fence on the PAM.

Oh yeah I bought my wife a Tag formula 1 ss/ceramic chrono. From Tony. She loves it!

Edited by chadd, 14 June 2013 - 08:51 PM.


#17 mayjas

    Experienced Poster

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 253 posts
  • Member ID: 39469
  • Joined: 18-May 13

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

View Postchadd, on 14 June 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

I just received my first reps this week.

1)TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Automatic Day-Date Chronograph. From Tony.



2)HBB V6 S/S Rubber M2M sales



3) PAM fantasy M2M sales

Love the Tag and love the Hublot more.
Im still on the fence on the PAM.

Oh yeah I bought my wife a Tag formula 1 ss/ceramic chrono. From Tony. She loves it!


Chadd....even im looking out for a Tag for my wife ....saw an aquaracer with AD yday for about USD.1350......whn u get time, can u post me link to the watch u got n if possible pics of the watch u got for ur wife..tnx.....

#18 black263

    Goat Bothering Pensioner

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 2,914 posts
  • Member ID: 29733
  • Joined: 26-November 12

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostMartinjogs, on 14 June 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

I picked up a rather nice 'Rolex' in Bangkok circa 1987, this kept on working until I lost it a few year later. First rep of the modern era was Omega PO 42mm, which is a popular choice for newbies and a watch well worth having. Take a look a the weekly wrist check threads, lots of watches there and you can get a better idea of what they look like on somebody's wrist. In the end just go with your instincts, you won't go far wrong!


NOOOOOOOO. Whatever you do, don't look at the weekly wrist thread. It will cost you fortunes. Even worse is to look at Del's pics. And worst of all is bloody Narikaa and his specials. Never ever look at his pics - its the road to poverty. I should know, I have Reg (Narikaa) on speed dial in my bank account for payment.

#19 gmchris

    Advanced Poster

  • Members
  • 695 posts
  • Member ID: 15109
  • Joined: 25-October 11

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

My first rep was a Tag Heuer 9000(?) series with crystal caseback from Saudi Arabia in 98. The crown fell off after a few months so i binned it. Didn't get another rep until this year (assumed out could only get em abroad lol) and got an Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch cos I'm into Nasa. I fucked up the keyless on that so i had to strip and repair it up( with no previous experience but couldn't face losing it up) which took me 6 hours. Wish i ha kept the tag now i know i could have fixed it. I guess most noobs inc me go for a rolex or Breitling or Omega or tag co they are mot advertised brands, but an hour on here will help you discover allsorts.

I found a book called 1001 Watches. It's a crap read but full of good photos of great watches you will want.

#20 NFleischer

    POWERMAX!

  • VIP/Supporter!
  • 5,775 posts
  • Member ID: 35
  • Joined: 24-November 08

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hi and welcome. Most Noobs come in search of the perfect Sub; it's true. Take some time and look around, there is a lot to choose from.

A good place to browse is Perfect Clones website. I'd say they have the largest selection, pictures of almost everything available. BTW-

don't feel you shouldn't buy a Rolex either. Most of us have collections that include several brands.



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 RWG