Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

My Piotr buckle collection

gottahaverolex

If you are new to Panerai you may not have ever heard of a Piotr buckle but if you are a Paneristi like me you know exactly what I'm talking about. I just wanted to share my small collection of these very special buckles with the forum.

I've built a bit of a relationship with Grzegorz, he works with Piotr and handles all of his business on Paneristi.com and pretty much all ordering and sales of Piotr's buckle. You see, these fine gentlemen are Polish and Piotr does not speak any English. Grzegorz is his right hand man and speaks English very well albeit some words do get minced from time to time. Anyway, Piotr is known for making fantastic 100% handmade Damascus buckles and Coin buckles using coins from around the world. He welds the coins into the stainless steel buckles with extraordinary results.

He also makes Damasucus buckles from not only slabs of Damascus steel (like many other buckle makers do) but he also makes completely welded versions using small chunks of the same steel. These are a very rare version of Damascus buckles. As it turns out he has only ever made (CORRECTION *!) 4 of these buckles and I acquired THE VERY FIRST ONE he had ever made. This was verified by Grzegorz himself.

Here's a pic of it, note the back side where there are gaps in the steel from when he welded it, it is not a solid one piece buckle:

EDA189C3-4E66-4540-B13E-EC2F80676944-5418-0000027084B926B3_zpsb50f2350.jpg

9308FE3F-5B7C-4436-9D7B-A3C5B96D5D0E-5418-00000270899C7223_zpsc2ac6407.jpg

Now to what Piotr is most famous for, his coin buckles. When I first saw one of his buckles I freaked out! I thought that is the coolest freaking buckle I have ever seen! I immediately went on the hunt for one but they are elusive to say the least and get bought up quickly when they do come up for sale. Again, I lucked out and found a guy on Panetisti that had just sold his last 44mm Pam and no longer had a use for 24mm buckles. I got the Damascus and coin buckle from him pictured here:

2A344B04-C973-427F-9B85-BEF97DAB67CC-3946-000001CAF5C46A2F_zps8f2df50d.jpg

Again, as it turns out, I have the first coin buckle that Piotr had ever made which was also verified by Grzegorz. What are the chances!? Super cool!

So I've become a collector of not only straps but Piotr buckles. I had several more buckles made in the past few weeks.

This Polish coin because my wife is of polish heritage:

D3BE691F-65A0-4681-B22B-CB16265AE13C-5418-000002708EAA8E0E_zps0cd8765c.jpg

This Italia coin to go specifically on my Simona Distefano straps as a sort of tribute to the Italian heritage I wear on my wrist.

E2D2A091-7129-4465-90FD-7084F5AC5323-5418-00000270969BED61_zps44088eb9.jpg

And also this Italian double coin version

1E883176-AC90-4E83-ACA8-2041EBEEE1E9-5418-00000270A0EB4A7E_zpse60f8348.jpg

Just today Grzegorz emailed me and offered to make me some of the coolest buckles I have seen so far, I mean truly spectacular and special coin buckles. I won't spoil the surprise so you have to wait until they arrive to find out what they are. All I'll say is long live the King ;)

Here is a pic of my collection this far:

595F180A-A6F8-4707-971D-4767C19E11CC-5418-00000270A6629DE3_zpsed39fe92.jpg

Here's a parting shot of my strap collection which is growing by the week as well. In addition to this I of course have the OEM rubber strap for my Pam and have a Ted Su French ammo, two Micah Mausers and three special edition Simona's on the way. To me, collecting straps is just as fun as collecting watches and can make the same watch feel like a brand new watch with every strap change.

9C941EFC-59C8-496F-945E-2B0A9F70E3B7-5418-000002714A55C71D_zps534a4438.jpg

That is all, just wanted to share my buckles with you. I hope you enjoyed. Cheers!

Edited by gottahaverolex

dingle
:bugeyes:

Wriggles

Some very interesting buckles I have to say!

gottahaverolex
:bugeyes:

You ok Ding!? Haha!

gottahaverolex

Btw, these buckles aren't unobtainable, if any of you are interested I can certainly point you in the right direction. Be warned, they are pricey and cost as much as a decent strap but are well worth the money IMO.

TheSav

Very cool buckles. Nice strap collection too. Is that a black asso in there ? If so, where did you get that one please?

BigBuys

GHR has always been vectored in the right direction, which now appears to be toward the top of collectorism!

Stunning examples of workmanship and an excellent way to further personalize your favorite watches. They are beautiful!

gottahaverolex
Very cool buckles. Nice strap collection too. Is that a black asso in there ? If so, where did you get that one please?

It is what I would say is closest to a black Asso, it's called Black Buffalo and feels exactly like the Asso strap. It is a killer strap! I buy all my straps from the Dallas Panerai Boutique as I have a lovely lady named Olga that takes good care of me there. Give her a call, I'm sure she can get you one. $240 if I remember correctly and free next day air shipping ;)

TheSav

Thanks GHR.

gottahaverolex
GHR has always been vectored in the right direction, which now appears to be toward the top of collectorism!

Stunning examples of workmanship and an excellent way to further personalize your favorite watches. They are beautiful!

Thank you Dana. This time around I am focusing on the quality of what I'm buying and not just quantity of straps I own. These buckles are just the icing on the cake and the next three that are being made now are the ones I'm most excited about. :)

Del

Wow! Great collection of straps and buckles.

Maybe need another watch or two though! :D

gottahaverolex
Wow! Great collection of straps and buckles.

Maybe need another watch or two though! :D

Thanks man!

I bought a Pam 311 Del, my broker is holding it until I pay him the balance on it. I should have it on my wrist by the end of July. With a 233 and a 311 I think I'm done buying watches for quite some time. ;)

Edited by gottahaverolex

Guyute

There is just something magical about Damascus steel. These are some seriously cool pieces, Rich. :thumbsup:

gottahaverolex
There is just something magical about Damascus steel. These are some seriously cool pieces, Rich. :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris, although pricey he has the 2 existing Damascus buckles for sale on Paneristi in the accessories dealer thread right now. They are ridiculously expensive but worth every penny IMO. I was lucky enough to get mine for $80.00 but I think they are $245 now. Yikes!

Edited by gottahaverolex

baxter

Nice GHR - thanks for sharing ..... god forbid i start a buckle collection as well :D

gottahaverolex

Yay! I broke 2000 posts :D

baxter

If any of you are feeling squirrelly ;)

http://www.network54...s+steel+buckles

wish i hadn't looked ..... it seems inevitable........ coin $ 85.00 Damascus steel $ 245.00 ... guess which one i liked :facepalm:

Jose Betancur

WOW!!

gottahaverolex

If any of you are feeling squirrelly ;)

http://www.network54...s+steel+buckles

wish i hadn't looked ..... it seems inevitable........ coin $ 85.00 Damascus steel $ 245.00 ... guess which one i liked :facepalm:

Lol!! Sorry brother. If you decide to go for it you'll be extremely pleased and have a rare piece of Paneristi culture.

gottahaverolex

Ok, so they are done but not in my hands yet but here are my very special Piotr buckles.

They are made with coins of great Polish Kings. They are IMO fantastic and I'm very excited to get them. Here are the pictures I just received from Grzegorz. Comments please!

364A73D8-4B12-4DB8-9BF1-ADA4DCA90A7A-1802-000000C63EB76493_zpsc8a02a92.jpg

2888C01F-CEF3-418E-BE63-DBD19DCA4F9F-1802-000000C65B12B0B2_zpsb9a20224.jpg

5238A465-EAD9-4468-A2FB-2D443B7B6BD7-1802-000000C650CFED39_zps55b47d11.jpg

4A023524-A431-4545-99CE-C9D273A40B61-1802-000000C642DBFD67_zpsa9ef282d.jpg

D1346B98-E2CD-423A-91A9-31DD4A1DE779-1802-000000C6491AAEE3_zps8f638509.jpg

gottahaverolex

I hope the strawberries are included! :D

TheSav

They are extremely cool. I'd be checking my wrist all day with one of these on. The strawberries look tasty too :)

gottahaverolex
They are extremely cool. I'd be checking my wrist all day with one of these on. The strawberries look tasty too :)

Thank you bro! Tell me about it! When I asked Grzegorz if Piotr had anything exclusive he could make me I was blown away by these. If anyone wants some I'm sure he would make them for anyone interested. These are pretty reasonably priced too.

Piotr

Hi my name is Piotr.

Thank You for Your words of appreciation and hope that all of You will enjoy buckle, excuse me - I use a translator for convenience.

Congratulations on having the first buckle of a coin - created by accident - hurt buckle stamped "O" and reached into his pocket, wondering what to do. I took out a coin - looked at her and was set in the buckle - so it began.

The first buckle from damascus the world created in 2007 and was written by me, just buckle with coins - 2008. My problem is that I do with each buckles by hand - no machines.

Buckles is my hobby, allow a little better to live in Poland, but the execution of each of the enormous efforts and the decline in health - the spine.

Buckles with cuts dmascus austenic formed from pieces in total for a year - I know that they are expensive, but the first buckle stamped "O" were selling the $ 190, and for two years I was not able to satisfy orders, then began to copy them and be inspired by them au me nothing has changed, except that it may sometimes occur slightly different and probably finish has improved significantly, the tabs have been reduced to a more convenient, hand polished edges of each buckles, etc.

This topic I found accidentally - sometimes I can not sleep (in Poland is now night) and sometimes browse topics as I find them and it is not easy - recently found about 28 pages of my braces on the German forum.

The buckles are on their way to You and You can keep an eye on the page indicated by Grzegorz. Me and Grzegorz live 600km apart, we find only two, three times a year, and of course we talk every day :).

Of course You please sent his greetings honorable Wife ( pozdrawiam bardzo serdecznie Panią i dziękuję bardzo za zainteresowanie ) - It's Polish for You Wife.

Buckles probably soon will not be produced - too much health and strength it cost me, but the effects are very nice.

Once again, thank you for your words of praise and criticism well - it's always cheering :)

98s4.jpg

First buckles damascus

rrnh.jpg

Buckle with "O"

dccp.jpg

welding coins

6zr8.jpg

vct5.jpg

Even the screws are hand finished and tailored

lwyv.jpg

9x6d.jpg

buckles of meteorites - you can see patterns Widmanstattena