Sign in to follow this  
gB.

SWG: Seiko Monster Bezel Removal

gB.

For all those monster owners out there that would like to swap out different bezel combinations, or just would like to remove the bezel for cleaning, this is a decent YouTube tutorial. The key is to rotate the bezel so notches are offset. But I think there are two other key things not included here that should be noted.

1. Highly recommend putting a piece of masking tape or similar over bezel edge to minimize risk of scratching it up with the knife, and not just sticking a bare knife in like the guy in this video did :o

2. When putting the bezel back on it will require some significant pressure, so don't be timid. Just be sure to use a soft protected surface if using a table top, etc. I put it on a protected table surface, added another soft cloth to the top, then put a book over it and pressed fairly hard until it popped back on.

End result was a swapped bezels on my older version orange monster and the newer edition blue monster to get something different for both (plus I cleaned out the orange one while I was in there).

Post3_zpsfd4b7a00.jpg

POST1_zpse78b824e.jpg

seclark007

you smart guy! Looks good :thumbsup:

gB.

you smart guy! Looks good :thumbsup:

Meh, the jury's still out the orange/blue monster combo. Reminds me too much of the UF colors, which I'm not a fan of. :lol:

large_1280x1024.jpg

J!m

This is interesting....

For example, the gunmetal versions are cool EXCEPT for the bezel style in my opinion. Maybe the gunmetal with the bezel from the one that is converted to the 55 fathoms for example. Is there a way to know what is possible?

I am interested in this idea...

seclark007

Yeah, fair ball....yet with Seiko's there are a number of interesting bezel/case combo's you could create, based on their apparent need to come up with so many different bezel designs

greg_r

Nice work, mate, but I'll admit I like my blue monster just the way it is :)

gB.
:)

twofake

Great work.

I personally like the orange and blue combo.

Thanks for sharing.