Sign in to follow this  
KeNnY

Comparison of Noob Rolex Ceramic Sub v2 (BK the same) stock lume vs. Rolex Ceramic Sub Tritec BG-W9 I relumed

KeNnY

Hello all ! :)

I just want to post pics of lume comparison between mine Noob Rolex Ceramic Sub v2 (BK v2 subs have the same lume) stock lume vs. Rolex Ceramic Sub Tritec BG-W9 I relumed.

I always though, damn, that V2 sub "superlume" is really dim, and I didn't know why, now I know. IT IS 30% weaker compared to Tritec BG-W9 !

So I boost BOTH watches with stock noob factory lume and mine relumed watch with Tritec BG-W9 and here are results you can see also. Just FYI the Noob watch also takes around 60% more time to get full charge compared to Tritec and also super glow dims 50% faster compared to Tritec.

STOCK "Superlume" ON LEFT vs. TRITEC BG-W9 ON RIGHT

DSC_5005.jpg

DSC_5007.jpg

DSC_5008.jpg

DSC_5004.jpg

Here you can see "Superlume" is not always same as Tritec, so relume is worth it :lol: Hope I will find time to get mine watch done this year.

fraggle42

Has anyone done a lume test over 8 hours, with say a photo per hour?

And also the actual time it takes to charge the lume would be interesting, and how you know it is fully charged?

Thanks!

HeavyKrush

Looks great K.

KeNnY

Has anyone done a lume test over 8 hours, with say a photo per hour?

And also the actual time it takes to charge the lume would be interesting, and how you know it is fully charged?

Thanks!

here is graph for C3 tritec :)

comp_norm.jpg

there you can see how glowness go down

and here are percentages for different types of lume you just count from that graph

luminova.jpg

and you will find your answer of glow :)

Looks great K.

thanks mate !:)

fraggle42

Thanks Kenny.

ive got one watch with Tritium tubes in it and I know they work by a weak radio isotope exciting zinc sulphide crystals, but it lasts 20 years. And the above graph shows that it is brighter when exposed to light, i.e. charged.

im guessing that the tritium tubes have two forms of luminescence? One is the excitation of the zinc sulphide, and the other must be a normal type of lume, I'm guessing mixed in with the zinc sulphide?

I see that the LumTec M Cobalt is actually using moulds to make mounds of lume on their dials. Interesting way of doing it!

kamma

Ooooooohhhhh......kenny and a lume shot go together just like apple pie and cream :-)

Keep up the good work and the pics flowing pal.

KeNnY

Thanks Kenny.

ive got one watch with Tritium tubes in it and I know they work by a weak radio isotope exciting zinc sulphide crystals, but it lasts 20 years. And the above graph shows that it is brighter when exposed to light, i.e. charged.

im guessing that the tritium tubes have two forms of luminescence? One is the excitation of the zinc sulphide, and the other must be a normal type of lume, I'm guessing mixed in with the zinc sulphide?

I see that the LumTec M Cobalt is actually using moulds to make mounds of lume on their dials. Interesting way of doing it!

the Tritec use Strontium Aluminate mate :) Zinc sulphide glows only for few minutes if not seconds.

Ooooooohhhhh......kenny and a lume shot go together just like apple pie and cream :-)

Keep up the good work and the pics flowing pal.

thank you my friend :lol: happy you like it :lol:

twofake

KeNnY,

Can you tell us, if you relume and build the lume thicker than the original , does that make it glow brighter and if you do make it thicker, the indices will look a bit higher and the hands , are they thicker underneath and does this interfere with the other hands?

Do you place a white base coat to make the lume show more as well?

If you do put white base coat, that does not leave much room for lume paint.

KeNnY

KeNnY,

Can you tell us, if you relume and build the lume thicker than the original , does that make it glow brighter and if you do make it thicker, the indices will look a bit higher and the hands , are they thicker underneath and does this interfere with the other hands?

Do you place a white base coat to make the lume show more as well?

If you do put white base coat, that does not leave much room for lume paint.

white base coat is most oftenly used when you have black background, it will make a lume be more white in daylight but as you said, it takes off from the lume glowness you will fill up the indexes with white paint.

I try to keep the indexes as per gen, flush, not bold like on reps that doesn't look good and it interfere with the hands, mainly in Rolex Subs you need to watch out that the top second hand will not touch crystal, every micron counts :)

I use only Tritec BG-W9 to fill up the markers, and it makes great job keeping indexes nice and white, and GLOWS like gen :) if you use cheaper "clones" of this lume, you will have greenish, or yellowish daytime color, where Tritec BG-W9 is White shade,

If you use high quality stuff, you don't need to put more of the material. I put thicker lume only when it is GEN LIKE on specified watch, customer requests it, and mainly only on Printed dials or Vintage pieces.

DSC_4915.jpg

DSC_4918.jpg

DSC_4925.jpg

DSC_4926.jpg

DKaiser Söze

Kenny is quintessential mad scientist of the replica watch world. really good stuff!!!!

Appreciate your posts very much. :)

P4GTR

so much goodness in this thread. Awesome work killer-K!

kromp

I am a Lume-Junkie. The work done by KeNnY is awesome. Thanks for the info!

myaz

Great to see the lume side by side, thanks for posting. Main thing I got from the graph is that the results might not be as impressive with red/orange.

emtp101

Awesome work.

Rockzz22

Thanks for taking time to post this.

Olly

That is SUCH a difference it is like day and night ! No comparison what so ever :D

KeNnY

Kenny is quintessential mad scientist of the replica watch world. really good stuff!!!!

Appreciate your posts very much. :)

hahaha thanks my friend :lol: happy you like it buddy ! :)

so much goodness in this thread. Awesome work killer-K!

:lol: :lol: THANK you my friend !

I am a Lume-Junkie. The work done by KeNnY is awesome. Thanks for the info!

thank you buddy ! :lol: and happy it helped ! :lol:

Great to see the lume side by side, thanks for posting. Main thing I got from the graph is that the results might not be as impressive with red/orange.

thanks mate ! :lol:

yeah the Red is mainly zinc sulfide that is why it doesn't glow that much.

Awesome work.

thank you buddy ! :)

Thanks for taking time to post this.

Thank you for looking and happy to post this :lol:

That is SUCH a difference it is like day and night ! No comparison what so ever :D

:lol: :lol: THanks Olly ! :lol: it sure is !!! :lol:

twofake

KeNnY,

Thanks for answering my questions.

One more question, if the hands are skeleton, how can you make them lume brighter ...do you just lume the underside thicker and if so, will that get close to interfering with the movement of the hands?

I assume that if , even using WG-B9 Tritec, the lume thickness is very thin, it will not be as bright.

KeNnY

KeNnY,

One more question, if the hands are skeleton, how can you make them lume brighter ...do you just lume the underside thicker and if so, will that get close to interfering with the movement of the hands?

I assume that if , even using WG-B9 Tritec, the lume thickness is very thin, it will not be as bright.

KeNnY,

you are welcome buddy :) Tritec is only lume that glows great even with thin thickness, simply it is best stuff to work with. With hands you can make the glow of C1 more brighter if you paint the backside with white color, but after you relummed the hands. Most of Rep factories do this with their hands, when they want to increase glowness and whiteness without using better stuff.

The BG-W9 glows the same on hands like on the dial indexes (if the mixture for the hands is the same like on the indexes and lumed properly).

It is all in finding the correct mixture of lume and binder as the mix often looses around 30% of its capacity when drying.

twofake

Thanks KeNnY . You are not just a nice guy but also very helpful to other members.

Some others keep it all to themselves but they should consider that we are just trying to learn .

Oh , and your skills are amazing as well.

Black Diamond

Awesome stuff :D

KeNnY

Thanks KeNnY . You are not just a nice guy but also very helpful to other members.

Some others keep it all to themselves but they should consider that we are just trying to learn .

Oh , and your skills are amazing as well.

You are welcome my friend :) happy the info helps !

Awesome stuff :D

thanks buddy! :lol:

KeNnY

AND small update regarding the Rolex Noob V2

The dial sizes between V2 and V1 ARE NOT THE SAME. so you can't put V1 dial into V2 case, nor BP dial what is the biggest.

Also the movement used, if you get the Clone version, has got SHORT canon pinions and the Hands have them self tall pinions, so you can't directly swap hands. Also due to this assembling the hands back on the movement is PAIN in the ass.

but I managed to relume the dial indexes (what are the same like on the new DSSD noob version) to have thin border so the indexes look bigger and more gen like.

I will try to finish it this year and make proper Topic for you all :)

thanks for watching

dingle

AND small update regarding the Rolex Noob V2

The dial sizes between V2 and V1 ARE NOT THE SAME. so you can't put V1 dial into V2 case, nor BP dial what is the biggest.

Also the movement used, if you get the Clone version, has got SHORT canon pinions and the Hands have them self tall pinions, so you can't directly swap hands. Also due to this assembling the hands back on the movement is PAIN in the ass.

but I managed to relume the dial indexes (what are the same like on the new DSSD noob version) to have thin border so the indexes look bigger and more gen like.

I will try to finish it this year and make proper Topic for you all :)

thanks for watching

:popcorn:

thamss

Do you relume the pearl also? As it is covered..