Sign in to follow this  
TheInthusiest

Bracelets and Watches - Would you wear them both? (Pic Heavy)

TheInthusiest

I've seen a few people here on the wristcheck threads wearing bracelets.. or Mangles (Man-bangles) on the same wrist with the watch.

It looks specifically interesting when paired with panerai watches. It also looks interesting how others find ways to pair it with dressier watches.

I actually had one fellow come into my store with one of these bracelets on paired with a Santos 100. Sadly, i didn't manage to take a pic for you all.

What do you guys think of them?

Im considering getting a few.

rioTJmY.png

qYfRqrz.png

JzLY5JY.png

MuThi0c.jpg

KHVTWZS.png

Tl3l2Da.png

Y4b5FGv.png

lBTvU5d.png

Ainvrw6.jpg

xFB1Z7Y.png

TheInthusiest

You can see some more examples on this guys Instagram page. (i am not at all affiliated with this person. Merely just starting a discussion about the 'trend?')

http://instagram.com/madebyberg

Edited by TheInthusiest

fatarms

Sorry, man, but there's no way I'd wear those things. First, they compete with the watch on the wrist. Second, I don't see a single one I'd wear, just not my thing.

TheInthusiest

Sorry, man, but there's no way I'd wear those things. First, they compete with the watch on the wrist. Second, I don't see a single one I'd wear, just not my thing.

Not the best of examples, but I can see your point. The idea of it taking away its spotlight.

PeterPotamus

not my cup of tea...

gB.

If anal beads are your thing and you like to wear them around your wrist, then who's to tell you not to.

;)

miniman

Maybe it's my age ( I'll admit to 60+) but the only jewellery I wear other than a watch is my wedding ring, Not for me.

Kev

wqleow

Mangles are not for me too. I have to agree with miniman that the wedding ring (in white gold) does sometimes match quite well with the stainless steel shine of a watch bracelet.

And I'm not 60! (30 in fact).

digital_sound

Um, yeah... I wear them - sometimes a lot of different ones, case in point when I was in Ibiza last summer... I wore the Rolex DSSD with green, red, black, and brown beads, kinda felt artsy and less snobbish.

Then again, I wouldn't wear beads with certain watches because they do scratch and gash up the metal on ones time piece.

TheInthusiest

Um, yeah... I wear them - sometimes a lot of different ones, case in point when I was in Ibiza last summer... I wore the Rolex DSSD with green, red, black, and brown beads, kinda felt artsy and less snobbish.

Then again, I wouldn't wear beads with certain watches because they do scratch and gash up the metal on ones time piece.

Mind sharing a pic of yours? If ya have one.

digital_sound

image-16.jpg

All my Ibiza photos are of women on the beach (hahaha)... don't have any wrist shots! But I do have on black beads today with the DSSD... Kinda like the flow of the black beads against the SS.

cogwatch

Not for me. I guess the watch IS the "bracelet" for me. My wife wears a gold diamond dial Rolex (gen) with a gold and diamond bracelet together and it looks great. I just don't think I could pull a watch/bracelet combo off myself.

cogwatch

image-16.jpg

All my Ibiza photos are of women on the beach (hahaha)... don't have any wrist shots! But I do have on black beads today with the DSSD... Kinda like the flow of the black beads against the SS.

The all black beads look pretty good with the SS and black watch.......

TheInthusiest

image-16.jpg

Not bad. to both. The watch/anal beads and the women. LOL

digital_sound

image-16.jpg

The all black beads look pretty good with the SS and black watch.......

Thanks... but it's like what you stated, not everyone can pull it off, I guess it depends on ones "Swag" and over all persona! IMO, I like the look.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

HEADLINE

HIPPY WINS LOTTERY

Pic of his car too

!ferrari%20Multi%20colour%201%20(2).jpg_thumb.jpg

TheInthusiest

HEADLINE

HIPPY WINS LOTTERY

Pic of his car too

Get off my thread. Thanks.

chats

i ussualy wear beads bracelet on my wrist with the watch, mostly black.

gigahertz15

Not a fan.

And I'm mid 20s.

ANDMAN.ELLIPSIS

HEADLINE

HIPPY WINS LOTTERY

Pic of his car too

Get off my thread. Thanks.

Get a life.... and some swatches to go with your beads.........When your in Ibiza next year don´t forget to go have a look for your sense of humour !!! Beniras (Hippy Beach ) will be a good place to start !!!!! thanks

hnic

No

i wouldnt no

and if id buy one in the future i would never wear it on the same wrist as my watch

its like sticking a pink rabbit on the roof of your Rolls royce

TheInthusiest

its like sticking a pink rabbit on the roof of your Rolls royce

I think i need a pink rabbit.

Mystery Shopper

Nope, not my thing (mid 40s). I'm more interested in the beach pics. :D

solkryssare

I wear a simple nylon band on my left wrist. I find it takes the yuppie edge off my watches. The ones you've posted are a bit too much for my taste but I remember someone posting a pic of this Italian looking gentleman in his 60s with a perfectly tailored suit and Nautilus combined with a few bear bracelets. He looked awesome.

TheInthusiest

I wear a simple nylon band on my left wrist. I find it takes the yuppie edge off my watches. The ones you've posted are a bit too much for my taste but I remember someone posting a pic of this Italian looking gentleman in his 60s with a perfectly tailored suit and Nautilus combined with a few bear bracelets. He looked awesome.

I would actually like to see a picture of that... My searches are turning up nothing.