Sign in to follow this  
Tag You're It too

REVIEW - Tag Special Edition Carrera date time

Tag You're It too

Here is my review of my first ever rep purchase, which I bought from replicamagic.hk (same as iparadisiac.co). I ordered prior to finding this forum and became very worried about my purchase.

I ordered an automatic Tag Calibre 16 Carrera limited edition replica. As far as I can tell it is based on a CV2A80. Please correct me if this is not the correct model.

I’ll start with cost:

Watch - £305 or $500

Postage - £36 or $59

Customs - £25 or $42

Total – £366 or $601

After over 3 weeks, due to delays on replicamagic’s end and customs here in the UK, I finally received the watch on Christmas eve.

First impressions are that it had a AAA sticker on it which may mean anything but it is a solid, good looking watch. The movement started up immediately and the sub dial second hand sweeps nicely. However the main/chronograph second hand appear to stutter between 15 and 45 seconds. I don’t know whether this will get better the more it is used.

I've posted pics of my rep and the original below.

CIMG0465.JPGCIMG0468.JPG

CIMG0472.JPGCIMG0473.JPG

CIMG0478.JPGCIMG0479.JPG

Pics of the original:

CV2A80.jpgCV2A80%202.jpg

If I am comparing it to the model I have found then as for accuracy it appears to be significantly different. The seconds hand is the wrong colour, parts of it are polished when they should be brushed, the strap is completely wrong and the luminous markers do not work. CORRECTION: They do work it just took some time for them to get going.

I’ll let the experts on this forum tell me how accurate the rest of the parts are i.e. logo etc. To me though they seem pretty accurate.

Overall, as many of you will probably comment, I think I overpaid by about $200. Nevertheless I am very pleased with the look of the watch and the way it wears on my wrist. The black strap, in my opinion, looks smarter than the red strap on the original. When I buy another rep it will definitely be from one of the TD's. Lesson learnt.

Customary wrist shot: (and Yes! I have abnormally skinny wrists! :)

CIMG0480.JPG

Two questions I have is whether a service would help fix the sweeping movement on the main seconds hand or will this get better with time? And is it worth getting the lume added to the watch?

Finally MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Edited by Tag You're It too

nunu78

Looks good, enjoy it often.

Tag You're It too

Thanks nunu.

I plan on wearing it daily. If its still going strong in a couple of months then I may get it serviced and get some lume applied.

NFleischer

Congrats- and welcome. Your right about the price, that watch with shipping from a TD here would be about $400.

I would wait for the service until it broke, that's about $250 extra.

nunu78

You are welcome my friend. Its pretty accurate as your logo didn't suffer with the wrong G. Though I've read somewhere the dial is not a genuine carbon fibre and like all 7750 based watches, yours have blue screw onthe movement like everyone's else including mine.

I have the same watch with white dial on SS and it was the very same watch which brought me into the amazing world of rep.

Edited by nunu78

nunu78

Im glad that you got your desired watch inthe end and didnt get scammed but now plz strictly stick to our TDs.

Tag You're It too

Im glad that you got your desired watch inthe end and didnt get scammed but now plz strictly stick to our TDs.

Thanks Nunu for the advise and definitely going to stick to the TD's. Hopefully this won't become too expensive a hobbie :D

nunu78

Thanks Nunu for the advise and definitely going to stick to the TD's. Hopefully this won't become too expensive a hobbie :D

You wish :)

nyckid

Looks amazing!!! I love the dial

Enjoy it :thumbsup2:

Tag You're It too

Thanks nyckid. Thats what actually drew me to it in the first place. Dial has a bit of character to it.

nyckid

Thanks nyckid. Thats what actually drew me to it in the first place. Dial has a bit of character to it.

Enjoy it man and remember, this is just the first of many many many...and then many more :P

Pharmo

enjoy the watch buddy!

Looks great on the wrist :)

chats

looks good and you got the box etc, which is pretty cool ;)

SSTEEL

Looks awful to me, so far off from the original. At least you know now to buy from our Trusted Dealers, you will get the best rep available unlike the one you have here.

I am a known Tag Heuer nut, and have a super franken Carrera, so know what I'm talking about when it comes to these models ;)

jgoorn

Looks awful to me, so far off from the original. At least you know now to buy from our Trusted Dealers, you will get the best rep available unlike the one you have here.

I am a known Tag Heuer nut, and have a super franken Carrera, so know what I'm talking about when it comes to these models ;)

I was about to say was this the AAA+++ model? Looks terribly inaccurate to me. Even the bezel is not correct (methinks)

Mystery Shopper

Nice looking watch. Maybe a lume job and second hand re-paint down the track?

Tag You're It too

I was about to say was this the AAA+++ model? Looks terribly inaccurate to me. Even the bezel is not correct (methinks)

I agree with both of that it does like very different to the original. However as a watch in its own right (forgetting its a rep) it doesn't look too bad.

Tag You're It too

I've seen your post of the super franken Carrera. Looks amazing!

mulder

Looks nice. Enjoy

Tag You're It too

Looks nice. Enjoy

Thanks buddy

Tag You're It too

Nice looking watch. Maybe a lume job and second hand re-paint down the track?

looks good and you got the box etc, which is pretty cool ;)

enjoy the watch buddy!

Looks great on the wrist :)

Thanks Guys.

MadButcher

Tag, you are comparing 2 different special editions of carrera here. Yours is SS, the gen you compared it with is titanium, hence not polished case parts, different strap, different chrono hand colour etc.

I am just surprised that SSTEEL hasnt noticed?

Taimur.shah
Tag, you are comparing 2 different special editions of carrera here. Yours is SS, the gen you compared it with is titanium, hence not polished case parts, different strap, different chrono hand colour etc.

I am just surprised that SSTEEL hasnt noticed?

Madbutcher - I was getting the feelin that it may not be correct model but I can't find pics of any other special edition. Do you know exactly which one it is?

I can't find any other model with a carbon fibre face.

Edited by Taimur.shah

Chavezzito

Do you have the chrono running all the time?