Sign in to follow this  
Frazzle

Rolex Explorer 1/Datejust/Air King on leather strap - Looking for inspiration

Frazzle

I'm looking for a bit of inspiration to see if this project will look better on leather. Anyone got any similar Rollie's on leather or photographs on ones? Sadly google has let me down on this particular search.

Thanks

Stuvetjee

Maybe something like this? :)

azabada8.jpg

Pharmo

this looks sweet

IMG_0990-1.jpg

Frazzle

Cheers guys, any with white dials?

Stuvetjee
Cheers guys, any with white dials?

Here buddy:

su4unu6y.jpg

And another combo :)

runupyta.jpg

Arism

Leather Nato perhaps?

null_zps96e038c2.jpg

0B461A5E-F190-404C-863A-C09A0AF46822-10065-00000CB712F9E59B_zpsa9a90c68.jpg

mrtsumoto80
12f26b7f88b58728c8fe87ad646e20de.jpg

Frazzle

Loving the ideas guys! Please keep the pics coming. Any pics with white/silver dial with silver case would be great. Thanks

Frazzle

What about these guys? Light or Dark brown NATO?

C8D6F605-7CB8-4A92-8CB4-BEDEA279548F.jpg

750A797B-F717-4258-99F2-D48F23433375.jpg

8C9E07CF-2B34-4018-BFA6-C84046B6B669.png

2656E54F-0B50-48D8-AB5C-8439ACE71BF3.png

Frazzle

Input, personal opinion and experience with similar models. What strap should I put on my domed air king/explorer case hybrid?

My watch below

9D60D2C9-D1EB-42AA-A427-E89CCE516DF4.jpg

1A851A12-E7C6-4B56-B37B-26F82616CE2F.jpg

Aren

Frazzle, if you don't see something inspiring there you can load more options at the bottom of the page.

I like to look at M2M to see how the mems change the look of their watches by changing the straps.

:D

Frazzle
Frazzle, if you don't see something inspiring there you can load more options at the bottom of the page.

I like to look at M2M to see how the mems change the look of their watches by changing the straps.

Thanks Aren, been doing a bit of google research, search engine for the forums through tapatalk sucks so may have to use regular web browser to trawl the M2M. Most of the Rollie's I'm coming across have black dials which definitely look good on leather NATO as they are either very military or diver looking. Need a few more white or silver dial watches for inspiration plus a few links to the shops selling the straps :)

Aren

Thanks Aren, been doing a bit of google research, search engine for the forums through tapatalk sucks so may have to use regular web browser to trawl the M2M. Most of the Rollie's I'm coming across have black dials which definitely look good on leather NATO as they are either very military or diver looking. Need a few more white or silver dial watches for inspiration plus a few links to the shops selling the straps :)

Well wishes for the inspiration coming. I can see why the dark dials look good on leather, the light dials don't seem to lend themselves as well to leather. Probably just my general feeling. I am sure you will come up with something splendid in a combo. The beauty is that since watches have this versatility, you can always change it to however you like.

You already seem inspired to me.

:)