Sign in to follow this  
Dafydd57

Yet another Formula 1 review

Dafydd57

As you've all probably realized by now, I'm a big fan of the Formula 1 series of watches by TAG Heuer. My latest acquisition offered in this mini review is the 2012 F1 series FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) model # CAU 1119.

First a picture of the genuine watch to whet you appetite. (note the sunburst dial)

Formula1FIM_zpsd04ceb10.jpg

And onto the Replica

tag010_zps2ac3ba7d.jpg

A closer shot of the face and hands

tag0101_zpsa004ef2c.jpg

The one difference that is immediately noticeable is that the gen hands have more lume.

Pictures of the caseback and bracelet

tag0102_zps8bc609d1.jpg

tag0103_zps8d9ff6dc.jpg

The caseback has the same model and serial #'s as my red and black F1

This watch feels solid and well constructed. The bezel lines up perfectly and has a nice positive click when rotating with no play whatsoever. It is very smooth with a brushed texture that follows the curve of the dial.

The dial is a very nice shade of grey, TAG Heuer calls it "anthracite". All hour markers line up perfectly. One feature that is not shown in the photo's is the dial's sunbust effect. It is very subtle and only visible under certain lighting conditions. I am unable to compare this to the gen, suffice to say that it is present on this rep. This feature certainly adds to the appearance of this watch.

All hands line up extremely well. The movement is a RONDA 5040 quartz, identical to the gen wach, For more information on this, please see my earlier review of the red and black 2012 model F1, (http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1).

The bracelet has a brushed finish and is very smooth with no sticking links. It is well constructed and has the correct shaped clasp lock (same design as on my series 4 rep (http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1)

Overall, this watch has a professional finish that you would expect from a rep costing two to three times the price and, given how closely it resembles the gen, I would class it in the "super rep" category.

Definitely one that I would recommend to all TAG Heuer aficionado's.

Thanks for checking out this review.

YotaBoy

Did you get it from Michelle? I can tell from the pics :) Anyways it looks great and wear it well!

Dafydd57

Certainly did, my camera is broken, otherwise I would have used my own photo's. To be honest, pictures don't do this watch justice, It's probably the nicest quartz F1 rep out there, IMHO.

Aren

Looks very nice. Your photos look good too.

Enjoy it and Congratulations!

:)

NodgerRocks

Really like that. Do u mind me asking how much?....opps I just did ;)

Dafydd57

Hey NodgerRocks,

Will send you a pm, not sure if we should be posting prices on open forum

Edited by Dafydd57

dfq23

I have this too. Love it. Only thing I think that stops it being super rep is gen has screw down crown and this has push pull type but once it's in who knows anyway

_DC_

Maybe it's just me, but for a watch named after a Motorsport with some of the most beautiful streamlined machines ever created this is one fugly cumbersome looking watch!

Just my opinion, it does look pretty close to gen though so points to the factory!!

DC

OmegaOverlord

absolutely great really want to pick up one as I have a gen strap for it already could you pm who and how much much you got it for thanks

mmaibl2011

I have only recently come across the Tag Heuer model of watch and I have to say I am more than impressed with their quality and designs. I love the Calibre 16 and Calibre 36 model watch, however, the blue in the Formula 1 watch is quite stunning. My list of watches that I wish to add to my collection is quickly adding up!!