Sign in to follow this  
bigbossa

replicawatchreport

dingle
Hey guys

Came across this site http://www.replicawatchreport.com/ can it be trusted ?

nope. Website set-up to make the scammers look good. They even stole some legit info from Allergy Doc and By-tor at one time. Run away mate :P

Brightlight

You're too cynical you are Ding ;)

But he's right Bigbossa, the best info is here on this forum, do not accept any counterfeits.............er....well... you know what I mean :P

theflyingdutchman

Now I can tell how much you ALL are newbies! AND I MEAN THIS SERIOUS! No insult! PM me and I can tell you why! You have no idea! It will be worth it!

KBH

It was put together by a guy named Richard Brown as I recall. Originally it was mostly set up to sell his book. Now he's apparently selling space to watch dealers. I would stay away if I was you.

trailboss99

Wrong Ding, RWR is on the up and up. It is defiantly NOT a scammer apologist site.

The guy that runs it is one of the original rep WIS and an old TRC member.

You will find pieces there by BT, Pugwash and a heap of others.

I would not be buying from any dealers listed on there tho.

Col.

dingle
Wrong Ding, RWR is on the up and up. It is defiantly NOT a scammer apologist site.

The guy that runs it is one of the original rep WIS and an old TRC member.

You will find pieces there by BT, Pugwash and a heap of others.

I would not be buying from any dealers listed on there tho.

Col.

:P......;)

greg_r

As Col said, it's an attempt at a so-called 'honest' site, although I still maintain that Richard Brown is ripping people off by trying to sell that shit.

There's nothing in his 'book' that you can't find elsewhere for free (and more up-to-date too!).

theflyingdutchman
As Col said, it's an attempt at a so-called 'honest' site, although I still maintain that Richard Brown is ripping people off by trying to sell that shit.

There's nothing in his 'book' that you can't find elsewhere for free (and more up-to-date too!).

But it is a classic book, rep history! PM me with your email address and I will send you a copy... or is this copyright infringement?

Edited by theflyingdutchman

greg_r

But it is a classic book, rep history!

Bollocks. It has ALWAYS been a cynical attempt to make money from information that is freely available elsewhere. Richard Brown is a scumbag.

Silverspeed

Wondering how many here have a copy of that book.... :P ;)

theflyingdutchman

But it is a classic book, rep history!

Bollocks. It has ALWAYS been a cynical attempt to make money from information that is freely available elsewhere. Richard Brown is a scumbag.

The 1st edition was 2003 and the PDF version came in 2004. Now it is out dated - yes, but at that time the info was not free available, it was not available? When was RWG, RG RWI founded? I am not even sure that this page is run by Rich? Anybody know?

Edited by theflyingdutchman

greg_r

The page is indeed run by Richard Brown. There had been several rep fora up to that point. RWG was founded in 2004. TRC was around at that time too. RWCC was prior to either of them..

eBooks of this sort are ALWAYS a scam. They may not be common in the rep world, but they're all too familiar in computers and other hobbies. They're a cynical attempt to make money for information that is available elsewhere...

theflyingdutchman
The page is indeed run by Richard Brown. There had been several rep fora up to that point. RWG was founded in 2004. TRC was around at that time too. RWCC was prior to either of them..

eBooks of this sort are ALWAYS a scam. They may not be common in the rep world, but they're all too familiar in computers and other hobbies. They're a cynical attempt to make money for information that is available elsewhere...

Ok, but it still is fun to read!

AllergyDoc

It looks like he sold out.

Baldrick

As said above this was not originally set up as a scam site, it was formed by Audemarsfan ( Richard Brown ) when he was a member on TRC, the original concept was to provide solid and reliable info on the various reps that were appearing on the market, in the early days he asked if he could use some of TTK's photos and was granted the use of them ( I think he still uses his Patek Nautilus pics amongst others), however as the years have rolled on, it appears that he has succumbed to the pressures of advertising revenue without proper discrimination,

Take his Op-ed as reviews but I would shy away from any recommended sites.

dave47

Just my .02. I have it on hard drive; read the whole thing; it's a guide to spotting replica watches & found it useful when crusing eBay and other sales sites offereing "genuine" luxury watches. Even provides "scam" senarios that watch dealers have to contend with when dealing with unscrupulous customers trying to pilfer a watch (with the old "switchero.") Brown frowns on rep watches but understands why people like me buy them. Didn't see this as a scam; found it to be a helpful guide, even when purchasing some replicas from forum members (on RWI) and Trusted Dealers and the like.

Wondering how many here have a copy of that book.... :Whistle::blush:

dave47

A very quick addenda:

My post concerned the Replica Watch Report BOOK, not the website (which I just visited). Been a long time since I visited there and had forgotten the WEBSITE sells watches. Based upon my own experiences of having been scammed: stay away from the website & purchase ONLY from Trusted Dealers on RWG and RWI and from fellow forum members. It's much, much safer.... . (Sorry for the "oops!")

Just my .02. I have it on hard drive; read the whole thing; it's a guide to spotting replica watches & found it useful when crusing eBay and other sales sites offereing "genuine" luxury watches. Even provides "scam" senarios that watch dealers have to contend with when dealing with unscrupulous customers trying to pilfer a watch (with the old "switchero.") Brown frowns on rep watches but understands why people like me buy them. Didn't see this as a scam; found it to be a helpful guide, even when purchasing some replicas from forum members (on RWI) and Trusted Dealers and the like.

Wondering how many here have a copy of that book.... :Whistle::blush: